U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:15 PM

17 posts, read 33,641 times

Advertisements

Women don't judge you to be that pretty but men do. What is the reason for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,440,470 times
Women are more likely to prefer unique and interesting features and may see more conventionally beautiful women as a tad boring.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM

3,446 posts, read 7,652,843 times
Women are jealous and threatened by other women that men find attractive - plain and simple

Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,939,194 times
You have a vagina.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Women are jealous and threatened by other women that men find attractive - plain and simple

What a laugh for me......I am NOT jealous OR threatened by the physical looks of ANYONE so please place your blanket statement on your side of the planet and not mine.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:29 PM

51,196 posts, read 50,480,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Women are more likely to prefer unique and interesting features and may see more conventionally beautiful women as a tad boring.
That could be true. I was rather startled to read the other day that Gwyneth Paltrow was named the most beautiful woman. I think she's rather ordinary-looking. Not unattractive or anything, but just...plain. There is nothing outstanding or remarkable about her face.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:09 AM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times
I agree about Gwyneth.. I find her rather plain . Kate Winslet and Julia Roberts I just dont find attractive at all.. One of my sons finds Angelina Jolie stunning.. where I find her boney and caricature ... but so says Catherine Zeta sitting here typing away..

Old 05-01-2013, 04:03 AM

2,572 posts, read 6,258,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That could be true. I was rather startled to read the other day that Gwyneth Paltrow was named the most beautiful woman. I think she's rather ordinary-looking. Not unattractive or anything, but just...plain. There is nothing outstanding or remarkable about her face.
I agree about Gwyneth. To me she's just another blue eyed blonde. Ho hum. Also, I don't like her mouth at all. There are many others (Megan Fox, Kate Beckinsale, Jennifer Aniston, Kate Upton. Katy Perry, Hayden Panettiere -- wow, what's with the Kates? ) often praised as "beautiful" that leave me scratching my head because to me they are okay but not that memorable.

I tend to prefer "quirky" beauty or something that is standout or unusual. Also, I think that some women can be tremendously sexy without being at all typically pretty, and perhaps men pick up on that, whereas a straight woman wouldn't be as in tune to that and would be basing their opinion on other factors, if that makes any sense.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:59 AM

7,458 posts, read 11,122,379 times
Its actually a interesting subject. I have had many occasions in my life where I've been with a girl and she doesn't agree, when I find a girl attractive. I don't have the answers why, can only speculate.
Whereas when I'm with my guy friends what we find attractive is usually pretty unanimous.

Last edited by dave nz; 05-01-2013 at 06:10 AM..

Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 AM

487 posts, read 653,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I agree about Gwyneth.. I find her rather plain . Kate Winslet and Julia Roberts I just dont find attractive at all.. One of my sons finds Angelina Jolie stunning.. where I find her boney and caricature ... but so says Catherine Zeta sitting here typing away..
I just saw the recent news about Gwyneth. I think she's cute but she's so thin...so many of these
actresses are too thin. I say this about Gwyneth since she made that country/western film she
admitted she gained 20 lbs. Even when she gained that weight she looked slender?
Angelina is an attractive woman but again she's skin and bones. Do men find these type of
figures attractive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or