U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 01:01 AM

2,795 posts, read 3,157,166 times

Advertisements

I love Neutrogena~ Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in day time with Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream, at night ,Rapid Tone Repair Night Moisturizer... In the morning I use Deep Clean Cream Cleanser, using a Clarisonic's Deep Pore Brush Head, followed by Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub... At night using Clarisonic's Deep Pore Brush Head with Neutrogena One Step Gentle Cleanser... Will do a mud mask twice a week as well.. I'm 50 have great skin, few minor wrinkles ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 AM
vti

1 posts, read 973 times
I found a kit that is not just one product but a complete system for skin care. There are 7 different items that include creams, cleanser, toner, moisturizers, and so forth. I like the idea that there are step by step instructions with the kit which is called ianncreations. They have their own website and they also sell on Amazon...

Old 01-10-2014, 08:41 AM

41,036 posts, read 32,728,581 times
I use almond oil after my bath, while my skin is damp and my pores are open. I also hydrate my skin about once a week with a device made for steaming your skin, and I make sure I have almond oil on my skin as I'm sitting over that steam. I love the way that makes my skin feel!

I use Clarins serum, and then Super BB Cream as a moisturizer, with ItWorks eye cream around my eyes. All of those combined are very, very light but nourishing.

I am about to turn 52 and have no wrinkles, other than a tiny amount on the outside of my eyes, when I smile -and I don't mind those at all, because they come from happiness! Here is me earlier this year:

Old 01-10-2014, 09:20 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,806,379 times
I use mostly Burt's Bees stuff on my face. I lucked out genetically because most of the women in my family have amazing skin without any additional effort. I use a sea salt scrub (that I made) once a week to exfoliate, and then use Burt's Bees sensitive skin daily moisturizing cream in the morning, and the Burt's Bees radiance night cream with royal jelly at night. On my neck/shoulders I use a generic CVS knock off of a daily moisturizer. I occasionally use Clinique moisture surge hydrator just underneath my eyes if I start noticing any bags or if I haven't been sleeping well. It smells horrific to me so I only use it sparingly.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM

41,036 posts, read 32,728,581 times
I want to add to the OP (and ask those who have answered to clarify) - the best skin care products are the ones that work best on YOUR skin type. So if the OP is looking for some products to use on her skin, we should clarify what skin type we ahve and how old we are - and what we've used when we were younger as well, perhaps.

I am nearly 52. I have always had combination skin. Never had bad breakouts but I have had zits and blackheads in my T zone and around my hairline occasionally - more when I was younger. Now that I am older, I still have some oil in my T zone but not enough to make me break out, and my other areas are not particularly dry. So I use light moisturizers.

I am not trying to hydrate my skin as much as I am trying to correct past damage and minimize future damage. I steam my face about once a week (I put almond oil on it first) and then afterwards I put a mineral-rich natural mask on for 45 minutes. Every day I wash my face and use the Clarins serum. I use BB cream every day as a foundation, and an eye/lip cream.

When I was younger I used Oil of Olay products predominately. I have used an eye cream most of my adult life (various ones). I have used a light foundation with sunscreen all of my adult life. I've used almond oil on my face regularly since my thirties. I've also used a mineral mask (clay based) regularly since my thirties (at least once a month - now two to four times a month). I've increased that and added the steaming.

I exfoliate with a rotating brush or a rough washcloth - that's really it.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:45 AM

526 posts, read 705,658 times
really like Bobbi Brown hydrating face cream skin feels so good & so not oily

Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 PM

3,932 posts, read 3,642,335 times
I love Shiseido's Benefiance Day Emulsion. I love the all day moisture and my skin glows. A bottle lasts about three months. I dabble with different eye creams but I do like Chanel's Hydra Eye. These products are spendy but they truly work for aging skin. I am mid 40's. No wrinkles but sagging around eyes. Eye cream is a must now.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:34 PM

3,932 posts, read 3,642,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidas View Post
really like Bobbi Brown hydrating face cream skin feels so good & so not oily
This is good to know since I wear a good deal of BB's makeup products and love the feel on my skin. I was wondering about the skin are products. I will ask my BB gal for a sample next time I am in Nordstrom. Thanks!

Old 01-11-2014, 08:58 AM

6,461 posts, read 6,105,318 times
Clinical studies show that tretinoin(retin-a) and a vitamin c serum help maintain and rebuild collagen. The retin-a definitely helps decrease the depth of wrinkles. Once you quit using it, you lose the benefits, but your skin starts off with more collagen and less wrinkles than if you had not used it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty