Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 05:02 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,175 times

Advertisements

I use Clinique's acne products...face scrub, foam wash, clarifying lotion, and moisturizer. I have super-oily skin even at 32, though it'll pay off when I'm older as people in my family with the super-oily skin look much younger than their years when they're older. My skin is pretty young-looking even now; people never guess I'm 32. I do still get the odd zit though and I have trouble with blackheads. Sucks!

As for under eye moisturizing I use Korres's Evening Primrose Eye Cream. I spread it all around my eyes actually. It stopped my eye wrinkles dead in their tracks. It didn't get rid of them but they haven't gotten deeper in the 2 years I've been using the stuff. Plus, it's slightly yellow so I find I don't have to use as much concealer to cover up the blue circles under my eyes that I've had ever since I can remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 03:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Olay regenerist night recovery moisturizing treatment

Old 11-28-2007, 08:14 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,202,555 times
Hope I can help with a few years experience in the skin/make-up field. 99% of the way your skin ages is heredity, the rest is smoking,sun damage and poor diet. Dry weather doesn't help but that just requires a good moisturizer. No product will prevent you from getting wrinkles, none. All you can do is wash with a gentle cleanser and Cetaphil lotion is one of the best and cheapest at any local drug store or market, and regular moisturizer with at least a 15 sunscreen followed by a block and pat on an eye cream gently morning and night. Use a GENTLE exfoliant and mask once a week only. No reason to over due anything. Using more moisturizer will not help as your skin will only absorb so much. That's it folks. No big mystery or secrets. Just look at the ladies in your family and other than how abusive they were to their skin, that is what you will inherit. Plastic surgery is the only thing that will change things except deep acne scars and deep wrinkles. Stay out of the sun and definetly DO NOT DO TANNING SALONS!!!! Feel free to ask is there are any questions. Puffle

Old 11-28-2007, 11:56 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times
Lightbulb you need to

possibly do the Perricone diet (search it on Amazon, ie, the Perricone Promise etc) and change your skin care regime. You will need to heavily exfoliate and moisturize in the winter from now on and also wear spf 30 with mexoryl on days that you are in the sun, and also every day under your makeup. Simply moisturizing is not going to make that much of a difference. I got a book on this last year (I am 36) when I was starting to notice how much yuckier my skin was starting to look. The book is called Dr. Denese's Secrets for Ageless Skin. I did NOT buy her skin care line though. I improvised with cheaper products from various lines. Olay is a big mainstay with me, especially the regenerist line. However, you will also need a vitamin C product, a lipid based moisturizer, a glycolic acid product and a weekly microdermabrasion scrub. Dr. Denese says that the exfoliating makes the skin stronger. If you look at most of Hollywood, many stars have a "glowy" look irregardless of their age, and this is the reason why, the fact that they exfoliate a lot.

I just read on the thread someone recommended the Alpha Hydrox 12% souffle. I 2nd that. It saved my skin last spring.

I also recommend a product from Paula's Choice called Super Antioxidant Serum and a moisturizer that contains lipids by Ecco Bella. I also like the Olay Regenerist super moisturizer that firms-- it is in a red container and smells like the ocean. As far as eye creams go L'oreal makes a dual firm and moisturize product-- one side contains a red gel and the other side has a cream. The gel does a lot for my eye lids. It is on the shelves at Wal Mart. The Ecco Bella product I got at Whole Foods. The Paula's Choice product I ordered. I hope your skin feels better soon. The winter is the perfect time to deal with it!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:48 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Hope I can help with a few years experience in the skin/make-up field. 99% of the way your skin ages is heredity, the rest is smoking,sun damage and poor diet. Dry weather doesn't help but that just requires a good moisturizer. No product will prevent you from getting wrinkles, none. All you can do is wash with a gentle cleanser and Cetaphil lotion is one of the best and cheapest at any local drug store or market, and regular moisturizer with at least a 15 sunscreen followed by a block and pat on an eye cream gently morning and night. Use a GENTLE exfoliant and mask once a week only. No reason to over due anything. Using more moisturizer will not help as your skin will only absorb so much. That's it folks. No big mystery or secrets. Just look at the ladies in your family and other than how abusive they were to their skin, that is what you will inherit. Plastic surgery is the only thing that will change things except deep acne scars and deep wrinkles. Stay out of the sun and definetly DO NOT DO TANNING SALONS!!!! Feel free to ask is there are any questions. Puffle
also- hyaluronidase is the enzyme- we produce- or your plastic surgeon can inject- but applied topically- it does nothing. Ask any doctor.

And yes-tanning is the worst- in Florida I saw 40 yr old women who went to the beach every day-looked 60 from sun damage.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:30 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,202,555 times
If you can find a moisturizer where one of the first few ingredients is hyloronic acid, that would help keep moisture in your skin and actually attract moisture. Remember, keep it simple. Your skin can only absorb so much and anything topic will only penetrate the first layer or so, not deep enough to reverse wrinkles, sagging skin or sun damage. What a moisturizer does is plump the skin by adding water which in turn creates the "appearance" of softer lines. Stop the treatments, and poof, there they are just as they were. The rest is just advertising to make lots of money for big companies. One of the most profitable businesses in the world, even in a recession, is the cosmetics industry. You can spend your hard earned cash and fall for the gimmicks or go simple and inexpensive and get the same results with money saved.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:58 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,567,806 times
I absolutely love Philosophy's Hope in a Jar moisturizer, but only for cold weather. I buy some each year when the weather hits freezing. It is the only thing that keeps my skin from cracking and peeling but I find it too heavy the rest of the year. Once spring hits, I revert back to Olay Complete with SPF 15. Has been my go-to cream since age 12. I am now 32 and when I buy whiskey no one ever believes it :-). I think the trick is not so much how many $ you spend. Rather, it is to apply every two hours if possible (especially when in direct/intense sunlight). Also, I use it all over my neck and chest and I make sure to really massage it in. The best serums in the world will do little if you don't stay out of the sun. I feel the SPF in Olay is very good for the price. For under eye creams I usually use Aveda Green Science. The stuff is pricey but whoever made it is a genius. It truly de-puffs, sloughs excess dead skin, and brightens all at once while combating wrinkles.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:26 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,011 times
I love Curiel as a skin moisturizer not only for the body but for the face (it's gentle enough for face use). Leaves my skin very soft and hydrated. I also love Estee Lauder's skin care, as well as Oil of Olay Regenerist. I like to switch brands often and I don't use the same brand continuously.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:43 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Hi!

What is the best under eye moisturizing cream and what is the best moisturizer for your face? I'm getting wrinkles!!! I'm turning 42 soon and my whole skin has changed for the worst!
I suspect first of all you need to figure out your skin type, because different brands don't work the same for everyone. Some can swear by the "Oil of Olay" for example, yet it might be not the best product for the next person.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:40 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
I have been really happy with everything I have purchased from the boots line at target. But everyone should get on the sunscreen bandwagon ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty