Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 12:42 PM

349 posts, read 459,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Who is the woman in the "after 40" picture above?
Not positive, but I think that's Sinead O'Connor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 01:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Who is the woman in the "after 40" picture above?
It's Sinead O'Conner.

Personally, I think she rocks the buzzed head and looks pretty good for 40+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I never thought it was my place to tell a woman how to wear her hair. Frankly, I suspect taking care if long hair is a pain, so I can understand why a lot of women wear it short.
Long hair is a HUGE pain in the butt. I've shaved my head twice and it was absolutely glorious having no hair to take care of.

My hair is much longer now (just below my shoulderblades) and it sucks. I'd chop it all off again but it's curly and the shorter it is the more effort it takes to make it look decent. I either have to keep it long to weigh it down or shave my head completely. No in between for me

Old 05-05-2013, 01:56 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,200 times
i prefer long hair but short hair isn't a deal-breaker. as a guy with long hair, i try to keep an open mind as far as hairstyles go

Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 PM

545 posts, read 908,367 times
Yikes, Sinead isn't looking good for her age..even if she had hair.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:08 PM

545 posts, read 908,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's Sinead O'Conner.

Personally, I think she rocks the buzzed head and looks pretty good for 40+.

Long hair is a HUGE pain in the butt. I've shaved my head twice and it was absolutely glorious having no hair to take care of.

My hair is much longer now (just below my shoulderblades) and it sucks. I'd chop it all off again but it's curly and the shorter it is the more effort it takes to make it look decent. I either have to keep it long to weigh it down or shave my head completely. No in between for me
I agree with you totally, I have lotsa wavy hair, short hair is so much trouble, have to keep it long to anchor it down. Lol

Old 05-05-2013, 02:23 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
Sineads face is ravaged by drug use; if she grew out her hair longer and got bangs it would at least cover up some of the damage she has done to herself. Then again rumor has it she's still on drugs (her last husband said they spent their honeymoon drving around las vegas while she tried to score crack) so I guess there is no point.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:25 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,150,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
My wife has a brain, not outstanding looks.
Erm...... Is it unusual for me to think that mine has both?

Old 05-05-2013, 02:37 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Erm...... Is it unusual for me to think that mine has both?
Not at all. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

I didn't say that my wife wasn't a "looker", just not outstanding. Now our daughter that is another story.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM

432 posts, read 1,227,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
i prefer long hair but short hair isn't a deal-breaker. as a guy with long hair, i try to keep an open mind as far as hairstyles go
I love long hair on a guy if it's kept really nice and its shiny and trimmed. Yum. There is a guy at work that his long hair is a nice spiral curls down his back. He has always worn it tied back, I wonder what it would look like flowing over his shoulders...

Old 05-05-2013, 03:24 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I try really hard not to think of women with short hair as being any thing other than wanabe men.
But the fact of the matter is, that is the way many act that have very short/no hair.
Before I had known any women personally with short hair only observed them , I thought it was smart and with some faces ,sexy.
But having met and gotten to know many of them, It is no longer either.
Half the attraction to a woman is the need for a man ,a level of vulnerability needing his protection. Women looking like a lesbean butch ,man wanabe simply takes that immage away for needing a man .
She looks like she is looking for a woman.
You can not be serious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty