Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 01:56 PM

50,368 posts, read 63,964,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
You can't go wrong with Levis. I love a man in well-fitting Levis!
Totally. Real men wear Levis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 02:41 PM

836 posts, read 2,948,208 times
aeropostale makes very good jeans, affordable and durable...

Old 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
If you're a man and you've been paying more than $39.99 for normal Levi's, you've been had.

Besides Diesel, do you think there are maybe jeans that are also good quality but cost much less? How about J Crew, Banana Republic, Ralph Lauren, Lucky Brand? They're all about half of what you say Diesels cost.

I know for a fact Abercrombie makes very good quality and durable jeans (and men's clothing period), but then Abercrombie is not for everybody, including me (had gifts and have toured the store multiple times), but their jeans cost half or less than Diesel.
Out of the brands you mention, banana republic stands out a significantly lower quality than the rest. I'm surprised you listed them.

When you talk about Levis under 39.99, are you referring to the Jeans made in America (I believe Delaware) or made in China? A lot of their production from California moved to China and can be found for cheap... But I've never seen their domestic wear that cheap.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:14 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,166 times
My man looks great in Kirkland (Costco) brand jeans at $15/pair!

Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Out of the brands you mention, banana republic stands out a significantly lower quality than the rest. I'm surprised you listed them.

When you talk about Levis under 39.99, are you referring to the Jeans made in America (I believe Delaware) or made in China? A lot of their production from California moved to China and can be found for cheap... But I've never seen their domestic wear that cheap.
Haha! I almost didn't list BR.

Levi's are old at many different stores (Macy's, Dillard's, JCPenney, Sears, etc.) and they're always on sale somewhere ($39.99, used to be less). I almost think he supposed MSRP of $58 or whatever is a gimmick. They're not made in America, but I doubt the ones Denverian referred to as costing $50-$60 were either. I do believe I've seen the American made Levi's on Brooks Brother's and Nordstrom's websites and that they're up there with the cost of Diesels.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:53 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,377 times
For $40ish, my vote would be Levi's as well. The only caveat is that I think you will be buying them again sooner than later than if you would invest in a more expensive pair (i.e. Constructed in America.)

The only jeans not made in America that I personally find to be worth the money are from Gap. Actually, I think Gap jeans are the best, "bang for the buck," jeans on the market period. That is not to be read as I think Gap makes the absolute best jeans. I think the best pair of jeans I own are APC New Standards.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:59 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,779 times
I think Levis have biggest choice of fits. I go with 569 and 550 for winter. Not big fan of Diesel as denim is to dick and to low rise.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
If you're a man and you've been paying more than $39.99 for normal Levi's, you've been had.

Besides Diesel, do you think there are maybe jeans that are also good quality but cost much less? How about J Crew, Banana Republic, Ralph Lauren, Lucky Brand? They're all about half of what you say Diesels cost.

I know for a fact Abercrombie makes very good quality and durable jeans (and men's clothing period), but then Abercrombie is not for everybody, including me (had gifts and have toured the store multiple times), but their jeans cost half or less than Diesel.
I don't know about other brands... all I have is Levis and the one pair of Diesels. Levis used to have better quality and lasted longer. I know they do have a "premium" line that's expensive, but made of higher quality denim. I think it's the quality of the denim that makes the difference. The Levi's I have now are thinner deinm. I think any brand that has a heavier weight of denim will last longer, no matter what the price. You can tell instantly if jeans are made of heavier denim, and much of the "raw denim" as it's called now is higher quality. But even Levi's 501s are no longer made with the higher quality denim they used to.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Haha! I almost didn't list BR.

Levi's are old at many different stores (Macy's, Dillard's, JCPenney, Sears, etc.) and they're always on sale somewhere ($39.99, used to be less). I almost think he supposed MSRP of $58 or whatever is a gimmick. They're not made in America, but I doubt the ones Denverian referred to as costing $50-$60 were either. I do believe I've seen the American made Levi's on Brooks Brother's and Nordstrom's websites and that they're up there with the cost of Diesels.
The Levi's I have (514s and 508s) are not made in the US. Any Levi's that are made in the US will be over $100 and up. I've seen the higher quality, American made Levi's at the Levi's store (which there are very few of. Only one here in Denver, and I knew of one in Orange County).

And yes, you're an idiot if you pay full price for the average Levi's. Wait two weeks and they'll be on sale

Old 05-14-2013, 11:47 PM

13 posts, read 17,800 times
You can go for "Levi and diesel" most popular brand and affordable..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty