Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:52 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
ok..please..when you spot someone across the room and you have really no idea what their personality is besides if they appear to be smiling or happy (still doesnt tell you anything without meeting them) you notice their face/body...NOT their personaility..why is there this need to seem 'not superficial' when it comes to judgling looks by some women? It's perfectly normal to not find someone attractive physically even if ..GASP.. they have a good personality.
I'm absolutely drawn to good looks...but we were talking about celebrities and I guess I just go by the kinds of roles they play (I don't know anyone personally) by the sort of personality they have. I can make a lot of guesses as to how I think they are.

You're right though...if I were to walk into a party of strangers, I would notice looks first...but I have to say...that little smile or smirk on someone that may not have those classic features WOULD be something I'd notice. I couldn't know their personality on first glance...I combined two different scenarios so good point.

But your point about "not being superficial"...that may be true for some women, but I can assure you that it doesn't really apply in my case. No, I don't want to be that way and normally, I would say, I'm not superficial. I DO look at all kinds of qualities before I make a judgement about someone's attractiveness. ANd then there are those guys who I find sexy/yummy/hot on the spot...like Chad from my sophomore year of college. I had no idea if he was smart or funny...he was flat out hot...I didn't care about anything else. So...is that superficial enough to satisfy you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 12:02 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I'm absolutely drawn to good looks...but we were talking about celebrities and I guess I just go by the kinds of roles they play (I don't know anyone personally) by the sort of personality they have. I can make a lot of guesses as to how I think they are.

You're right though...if I were to walk into a party of strangers, I would notice looks first...but I have to say...that little smile or smirk on someone that may not have those classic features WOULD be something I'd notice. I couldn't know their personality on first glance...I combined two different scenarios so good point.

But your point about "not being superficial"...that may be true for some women, but I can assure you that it doesn't really apply in my case. No, I don't want to be that way and normally, I would say, I'm not superficial. I DO look at all kinds of qualities before I make a judgement about someone's attractiveness. ANd then there are those guys who I find sexy/yummy/hot on the spot...like Chad from my sophomore year of college. I had no idea if he was smart or funny...he was flat out hot...I didn't care about anything else. So...is that superficial enough to satisfy you?
LMAO !

Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM

24,550 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Sorry ladies - he has a wicked sense of humor, can cook, loves cats, never forgets to flatter, can fix anything and has a cute xyz in jeans with high heel Western boots, picks up a glance or two. What more should I look for?

Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Patrick Swayzs had something about him.

I am personally a huge fan of Kevin James; I do have a crush on him. He is overweight and not the best looking but he is extremely funny and charming. Looks aren't always all that matters; sometimes a guy might not be the best looking but have something about him that makes him attractive.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:04 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,026 times
What is appealing onscreen and in photographs is different from IRL, as well. And I fully admit that some male actors who I am not impressed by onscreen would probably knock my socks off if I met them in the bar.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I was thinking there are some men, especially really masculine looking men, who women seem to love but men can't understand the attraction.
Ah, I would think that the answer to your question would be rather self-evident. Heterosexual men, and many gay men for that matter, just don't have the same biological lenses for evaluating the "attractiveness" of other men that women have.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:41 PM

56 posts, read 150,752 times
Women aren't as visual: a sense of humor, an air of confidence, power, a cute grin, talent, sophistication - to name just a few characteristics - can all trump looks.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:42 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Maybe because Patrick Swayze wouldn't let anyone put Baby in the corner? I don't know. His body was hot and I loved his voice and he could dance. I guess he gave off a strong but sweet vibe- at least he did to me.
Agree. He had a flirtatious, seductive, knowing "Rebel Without A Cause" kind of vibe..."I'm a bad boy, do you want to be a bad girl, at least for a little while?"

He was attractive. He wasn't classicly handsome, but definitely an attraction.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Channing Tatum.
I get his appeal: Strong, silent type. Smouldering. Hints at the potential to be a wildman.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Patrick Swayzs had something about him.

I am personally a huge fan of Kevin James; I do have a crush on him. He is overweight and not the best looking but he is extremely funny and charming. Looks aren't always all that matters; sometimes a guy might not be the best looking but have something about him that makes him attractive.
I like Kevin James' "guy's guy" appeal. Good boyfriend material. If a woman knows how to work with him, could possibly turn him in to husband material...

Oh wait, I think he was on a TV show where a woman tried that with him! See, casting office? Listen to the viewers! They KNOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty