Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:55 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
Not sure what this says about me, but I prefer pants, mostly from a practical standpoint. I can sit and move around without fear of indecent exposure. And they're more comfortable in inclement weather.
I agree.
Don't have to think about bending over, etc, if I am wearing pants.
Also, I never like the feeling of the skin of my legs touching.
Sometimes I am irritated even by wearing shorts.
But they are so cool in the hot summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 06:10 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,742,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
That's supposed to be conservative....apparently auto correct thought otherwise.
LOL OK, that makes more sense!

Old 05-19-2013, 09:23 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,630,500 times
In my experience the women who wear pants are generally ones that want to be warm when it is cold outside. Or maybe want to work in the garden, on the automobile, etc. You may find these same women wearing skirts or dresses when the occasion to dress more formally arises. Not always, they may wear a suit consisting of pants. But as far as psychological differences, outside of being young and being a tomboy, I can't really see any. My wife, well, it is mostly pants when the weather is inclement or cold. Skirts/dress occasionally. But I love her just as well. Whatever makes her happy.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 AM

571 posts, read 1,200,805 times
I love pants whether they're dress pants, palazzo pants, jumpsuits, tailored, slouchy. I also love dresses - all kinds sexy ones, fitted, floral, business dresses. I ban nothing from my wardrobe. Mini skirts, longish skirts, maxi skirts, pencil skirts, hip hugging skirts, shorts. The only 'pattern' I have in dressing is that most of what I wear is well tailored.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:06 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,587 times
I love pants and skirts equally, but gravitate more towards pants. I get frustrated trying skirts on because I have wide hips but a smaller build, so this results in gaps and too much fabric in all the wrong places. I could get them tailored (and actually should just suck it up), but that is enough to make me not even want to try them on.

The only ones that look half decent/have a chance of fitting are the "bandage" types of skirts which are obviously inappropriate for work.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:13 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Hands down pants. I do have dresses but only wear them in warm weather, unless to Church, funeral, etc. It is too cold in MI in the winter months to expose even a little leg.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,220 times
Quote:
Yeah there is a huge difference, women who wea only skirts are more "delicate" and religious.

I like dresses and skirts but I'm more of a mini skirt or short summer strapless dress kind of person so not like conversation dresses.
So you are both delicate and religious?

Quote:
That's supposed to be conservative....apparently auto correct thought otherwise.
Pleeeeeease, there is no auto correct in this software. If there was you would not have the error in spelling that I marked in bold, in your first quote.

Not doing a spell check, or preview before hitting "Submit" will just make you look foolish to others.

On topic. Wife was a Assistant VP for Aetna Life Insurance Co. when she retired. Only wore skirts to upper level meetings, otherwise it was slacks. I don't think she even has one in her closet any longer.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:01 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Prefer dresses, always have, but I did used to like my jeans a lot too. These days it's a toss up between me wearing a dress and palazzo type pants when I'm out and about. In my twenties a couple of coworkers wanted to know if I was a Jehovah's witness, because, they never saw me wear pants. Say what that took me by surprise, especially since some of my dresses were a bit form fitting.

PS I'm not religious, nor conservative, moderate yes.

Last edited by TRosa; 05-19-2013 at 12:11 PM..

Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 PM

683 posts, read 1,884,265 times
I think it is more a matter of practicality than personality in most cases. Women who need to move a lot or need pockets tend to prefer pants.

For me personally, it is a matter of practicality. I hate to shave my legs so would look rather scary in a skirt or dress. Thankfully nobody sees me naked so the hair doesn't bother anybody lol...

Old 05-19-2013, 07:22 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,172,168 times
As a biologist my jobs have always been more pants-friendly than dress-friendly, but I used to enjoy getting gussied up in skirts and dresses to go out sometimes when I lived in an area of California that got hot in the summer. When I lived in San Francisco an,d now living up here on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington, the weather was/is just too cool in the summer for bare legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty