Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:42 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Women are not feminine-looking when they wear pants.

That's a fact.

Women who are against wearing dresses are generally feminist liberals, or they're the rare type of woman who looks silly in a dress.

That you'd "report" a person is very strange. You obviously don't believe in proper dress codes. Do you wish to be a man, or to look like a man, or to think like a man? After all, to rail against feminine clothing indicates that you're likely someone who is of a feminist, anti-traditional female mindset.
I look pretty feminine in my low rise tight jeans thank you very much
And no I don't wish to be a dude.

I also don't think women look less like a woman because she is wearing pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 03:18 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Is there a difference between the type of women who wear pants VS women who wear skirts/dresses?

I was going to post this in a different place such as Psychology or Relationships, but then I thought it would probably be more appropriate here.

Anyway, I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions on this. Thanks.
They are most likely to be lesbians or prefer the company of women more than men

Last edited by wehotex; 06-01-2013 at 03:31 PM..

Old 06-01-2013, 04:05 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Eh... I vastly prefer to wear dresses (and lots of 50s style - fitted bodices with circle skirts to my knees) to anything else and I am far from religious or particularly feminine. My attire is the most feminine thing about me - my hobbies (computer programming, rock climbing) tend to put me in a lot of male company.
I love dresses like that but a bit longer. Yes, I'm religious (not the one txt is referring to), but plenty of non-religious women love to wear skirts and dresses.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Women are not feminine-looking when they wear pants.

That's a fact.

Women who are against wearing dresses are generally feminist liberals, or they're the rare type of woman who looks silly in a dress.

That you'd "report" a person is very strange. You obviously don't believe in proper dress codes. Do you wish to be a man, or to look like a man, or to think like a man? After all, to rail against feminine clothing indicates that you're likely someone who is of a feminist, anti-traditional female mindset.
Nobody is 'against' wearing dresses or skirts, some people just don't prefer them. I mean, if I'm working on a plane or car I'm not going to wear a skirt. If it's really cold out, I'm probably going to opt for pants. If I know I'm going to be doing a lot of bending or doing something that could make a skirt inconvenient (like.... going to an amusement park) then I'm going to be wearing pants.

Am I a feminist liberal? Yes. You say that like it's a bad thing.

Oh, and I'm also wearing a skirt right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
They are most likely to be lesbians or prefer the company of women more than men
No, they're not. I know plenty of lesbians and most of them dress just like any other woman. Dresses, skirts, makeup, hair done, nails done etc. You'd never know they were lesbians by looking at them.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I wear pants every day and I prefer to hang out with guys.
Less drama, more funny.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:51 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,977,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I look pretty feminine in my low rise tight jeans thank you very much
And no I don't wish to be a dude.

I also don't think women look less like a woman because she is wearing pants.
I think we need a picture for proof.

But in all reality I don't get how pants make women less feminine. I prefer feminine women, but even I think that user's comment is a stretch.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
I think we need a picture for proof.

But in all reality I don't get how pants make women less feminine. I prefer feminine women, but even I think that user's comment is a stretch.
Lol @ picture.... Right...

He's just one of those men.
You know the type who believes on the old backwards ways

Old 06-03-2013, 02:23 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,742,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I have not worn a skirt since 1987 and don't own any nor would I consider even wearing anything like that. It's not ''me'' in the least.

My clothes don't make me ''feminine'' or not. I will always be ''feminine'' because I am a female, not a male.

In some cultures/time periods males wore/wear skirts. They are still masculine because they are males.
Exactly. I don't know why so many don't get this simple concept.

Quote:
C'mon now. You know better than that. I am a woman MARRIED to a woman. I wear skirts and dresses. My wife wears jeans or cotton casual pants. That's beside the point though. I know plenty of straight women who wear pants every day. Pants are more practical, I get that, even as someone who personally prefers skirts and dresses. When I am out and about on any given day I probably notice two or three women, total, who are wearing skirts or dresses, and I live in a highly populated area. Everyone else has pants on, pants are more common. All but a couple of my female friends are straight women and none of them wear skirts or dresses as often as I do.

It's not some big lesbian conspiracy or some huge political statement for most of us! It's a simple matter of wearing what is most comfy and or most practical, that's all.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,187 times
I'm a ''spooky ol' lesbian'' married to same and I prefer the company of men and women and I haven't seen any of them in a skirt or dress in ''I don't know when''.
I bet the OP is a crossdresser! LOL

Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 AM

I'm straight and wear pants or shorts mostly and hate hanging out with girls. Too much drama.

I think it's lulzy that some dude thinks a piece of fabric cut and sewn a certain way makes a woman a butchy lesbian.

If I go stand in my garage will it make me a car? I think I'm going to go see if I turn into a convertible....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty