Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 04:22 PM

2,570 posts, read 7,716,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I will not wear a skirt or dress when it's cold. There have been the rare occasions when ill do leggings and uggs but only when it's moderately cold.

If its hot I won't do jeans, unless I'm going to a bar or something.
I only take into bars what I need and jeans have pockets.
I LOVE dresses and skirts when it is cold, with boots.. but then again I live in an area where the average "winter" temps in our coldest month (January) are still usually no lower than 40°F. Leggings or tights under would quickly get too hot because when it is "cold" here, everyone (businesses, schools, shops) overreacts by setting the heat at 80°F!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,063,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
I LOVE dresses and skirts when it is cold, with boots.. but then again I live in an area where the average "winter" temps in our coldest month (January) are still usually no lower than 40°F. Leggings or tights under would quickly get too hot because when it is "cold" here, everyone (businesses, schools, shops) overreacts by setting the heat at 80°F!
When we lived in IL, I wore skirts when it was cold. That allowed me to layer under the skirt in order to keep warm. Wearing a pair of jeans when it's -25 is not warm. Wearing a skirt with other things underneath can be warm when it's -25.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:16 AM

319 posts, read 623,257 times
It's winter right now in Australia and I haven't worn jeans this year yet. I have skinny legs but for some reason, they just look totally weird in skinny jeans - I refuse to wear any other style, so hence I'm a skirt/dresses person since I'm not a fan of jeans on myself.

Yeah, I do get cold at times but I always wear tights, and wrap up warm on top so it solves the problem, I guess. But then again, I live in Australia and whilst I think Melbourne's winters are pretty cold, it's probably quite mild to the people living in the Northern Hemisphere xD

Old 06-08-2013, 12:45 AM

342 posts, read 435,995 times
I used to work in the office full time and found that it is easier for me to wear a dress....I realized that early morning matching of bottoms and tops 5 days a week was too much for me... It is so easier to get a dress on....5 seconds...grab shoes/bag - you are ready. I filled my closet with dresses and love it. Especially dresses with a long zipper on a back....

Old 06-08-2013, 08:19 AM

1,204 posts, read 2,560,750 times
I will only comment on my wife, sister and their mother. Strictly pants, and not much femininity. . I KNOW that this can not be generalized, and I'm not saying it's a rule. Femininity comes from within and how the type of clothes are worn.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:21 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,947,834 times
I remember this episode of wife swap and they swapped a religious and non religious family.
The little girls told the other m that she wasn't a woman because she wore pants.
They couldn't have been more than 7.

I hate people like that, not the kids but the adults who brainwashed them.

It's like.....hello I have a vagina no matter what I am wearing....so what now?

I usually always wear pants or shorts, I also always have my hair done and make up on and my nails painted, I look plenty like a woman.

I'd love to point out to those people that their dresses are made of mixed cottons and probably some polyester. That was once frowned up in the bible.

Silly people who contradict themselves.....they be sooooo silly.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,438 times
Long skirts can be used during cold weather. Just add some leggings underneath. For extra warmth, you may use corduroy leggings. Or you may use the leggings used for ski.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM

2,729 posts, read 2,685,307 times
I am outdoors girl and most of my hobbies are the type of why I need pants. Dresses and skirts are not practical at all. I use dresses and skirts also but only when it does not stop me for doing things I am going to do

Old 06-12-2013, 12:23 PM

5,749 posts, read 10,338,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Is there a difference between the type of women who wear pants VS women who wear skirts/dresses?

I was going to post this in a different place such as Psychology or Relationships, but then I thought it would probably be more appropriate here.

Anyway, I would appreciate any thoughts or opinions on this. Thanks.
I don't think it matters. I wear both. I am very active with kids, so like the ease of pants/capris/shorts. For work or evenings out, I'll almost always wear a skirt or dress. Some women from certain religious groups always wear dresses/skirts - so I guess that says something.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM

88,139 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I remember this episode of wife swap and they swapped a religious and non religious family.
The little girls told the other m that she wasn't a woman because she wore pants.
They couldn't have been more than 7.

I hate people like that, not the kids but the adults who brainwashed them.

It's like.....hello I have a vagina no matter what I am wearing....so what now?

I usually always wear pants or shorts, I also always have my hair done and make up on and my nails painted, I look plenty like a woman.

I'd love to point out to those people that their dresses are made of mixed cottons and probably some polyester. That was once frowned up in the bible.

Silly people who contradict themselves.....they be sooooo silly.
I don't think polyester was invented yet when the bible was written. Hehehe, I know what you meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty