Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 09:10 AM

599 posts, read 693,257 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Here’s the description of the product below:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]“[/SIZE]A safe, groundbreaking hair smoothing system Formulated with Glycolic acid to smooth hair cuticle Blended with Keratin to replenish hair with protein & collagen Loaded with Argan oil, a natural smoother, de-frizzer & healer Unveils suppler, bouncier, more lustrous & manageable hair For professional use only”

The 500ml cost $292 and the 125 ml cost $75.00. The salon here in the D.C.area wants to charge me $250 for the process. They wash the hair and then apply the formula to your hair and then wash it out and that’s it. The process time is much shorter than any other alternative BKT or the traditional BKT. Since I’m a single parent I cannot afford this process. I’m due for a relaxer touch up now, I’m currently 8 weeks now, and my hair is break and scalp is itchy as hell. My hair has gone thru some sort of change in my late 30’s, I used to have very long and thick hair, people used to think I had a weave in my hair, because I’m a dark skin woman and they couldn’t believe I had that much hair and length.

Well my hair now is starting to shed more and thin out and it’s more fragile than it used to be in my early 30’s and twenties and of course my teen years. I know this is mainly due to changing hormones and THE DREADED DHT on my scalp.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I have had a relaxer in my hair since I was 11 years old. Previously I had 4a/b type hair, extra coily and thick and major shrinkage when wet.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Well now I’m ready to try these alternative Brazilian Keratin Treatments without any trace or percentage of [/SIZE]formaldehyde. I DO NOT WANT KINKY HAIR, I WANT STRAIGHT HAIR LIKE A RELAXER AT ALL TIMES. I have a very busy life and I cannot deal with my natural texture . Does anyone have any suggestions? I prefer not to get anymore relaxers, but my hair is looking like a hot mess right now. Has anyone tried this brand or glycolic acid to smooth the hair?
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 12:37 PM

24 posts, read 31,323 times
The only information I can offer you is that my mother uses a Morrocan oil on/in her hair. It's something she buys - either at the salon or a beauty supply store. She swears by it.

Unfortunately, I don't know a name, but hope this helps you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty