U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:30 PM

4,268 posts, read 13,712,106 times

Advertisements

I dont' hate 'em but perhaps a wee-bit envious. Mainly I just think, "Boy, they sure do have it good!" You wonder though if their life really is better. Even the most beautiful people have insecurities, right? They do have 'em, don't they? Or is that just something that us normal looking or ugly people say to ourselves to make us feel better?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 02:09 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,940,778 times
I seem to only notice if a person is beautiful or not untill I get to know them, in some manner the soul allways shines through.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 AM

1,943 posts, read 7,627,049 times
I could only hate them if inside...they weren't "beautiful".

Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 AM

13 posts, read 54,179 times
No, I don't hate or envy them because I don't want to be them.

I have friends that are drop dead gorgeous, and I always feel bad for them because they are so lonely and insecure. Most of the guys that ask them out just want a trophy girlfriend. The nice guys who are worth having a relationship with don't approach them. A lot of women are jealous or intimidated by them, so they don't have a lot of girlfriends, if any. A lot of really beautiful women I know stay at home a lot. I don't know many beautiful men so I can't comment on them.

When an average looking person is in a bad mood, or has a bad hair day, etc., people don't think twice about it. When it is a good looking person, everyone talks about them behind their backs. When you are under a microscope all the time, you feel the pressure to be perfect all the time, to have to smile all the time, and talk to everybody, or else people hate you because they think you are snobby and conceited. Everybody is very quick to pass judgement on you.

I think everyone is insecure in their own way. For a woman, if your insecurities are in your physical appearance, then you will be jealous of a beautiful women.
For me, I have always admired intelligence and knowledge more than anything else, so when I meet someone who is incredibly intellectual, I have to admit, I feel a bit insecure. I admire them, and I do wish I were them.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:04 PM

26,890 posts, read 38,133,169 times
I appreciate it when I see it. Just like any other form of beauty.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:35 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,060,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Remember that commercial on TV for that hair product? The beautiful model stated in a cool sexy way, "don't hate me because I am beautiful" I think she was advertising an idea that is common in today's society, beautiful women are hated by many people. It might be envy, intimidation, frustration or ego but if a women is just to pretty or beautiful something has to be wrong.

What do you think about people who are just incredibly beautiful? Do you envy them, do you hate them, do you want to be them? Does someone who is just strikingly beautiful have a handicap in today's society?
I am not "very beautiful," and I don't care to be. But I enjoy dressing well when I have the chance. I think a good outfit and a dose of class go much further than good looks. I mean look at poor Britney Spears and her trampy outfits. It doesn't matter how pretty you are if you have no class or style -- unless you are naked.

Greenie

Old 11-04-2007, 04:52 PM
miu

16,469 posts, read 33,418,786 times
I don't envy beautiful people and they don't even seem to make for good friend material. I prefer smart people, and plainer looking people just seem to be more considerate too.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:46 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,060,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I don't envy beautiful people and they don't even seem to make for good friend material. I prefer smart people, and plainer looking people just seem to be more considerate too.

I agree with miu. I like smart, down to earth people. Besides, you have to have something to fall back on when old age sets in.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:50 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Remember that commercial on TV for that hair product? The beautiful model stated in a cool sexy way, "don't hate me because I am beautiful" I think she was advertising an idea that is common in today's society, beautiful women are hated by many people. It might be envy, intimidation, frustration or ego but if a women is just to pretty or beautiful something has to be wrong.

What do you think about people who are just incredibly beautiful? Do you envy them, do you hate them, do you want to be them? Does someone who is just strikingly beautiful have a handicap in today's society?
for me its all the same, beauty success wealth talent.
envy is a snake that needs to be watched.
low profile is good. people like attention but not all attention is good attention.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:26 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Sorry, but I'm against hating myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or