Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 06:07 PM

17,372 posts, read 16,511,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
No I know my size is a 30F/G. I was talking about how people like me can be tricked into wearing a size like a 36B in my case 34C seemed like a good size I've always had 34B's and a 36B as well. I thought I was truly a 32C. As I got 2 or 3 inches bigger I thought I was like a D34or 32. When you're this small you never think its possible to be a G I still think the women in my op are more like full C's small D's
I don't doubt that you made that mistake and it was probably because you had never experienced wearing the right size before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 10:54 PM

517 posts, read 998,957 times
Yeah I thought bras were supposed to naturally be like push up bras.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:31 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
This thread is quite interesting. My gf always assumed she was a D/DD. Based on what I've seen and heard from other women (including ex-girlfriends), her opinion of her own size seemed reasonable.

Recently, we went to a local mall and she found out that she's a G - cup. In a D/DD bra, there's definitely more spillage and cleavage but she feels there's less support. The G - cup fits perfectly though it doesn't really accentuate the breasts as much.

My guess is that most women are wearing bras at least 1 or 2 cup sizes too small. This is probably more true with larger women.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:46 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
This thread is quite interesting. My gf always assumed she was a D/DD. Based on what I've seen and heard from other women (including ex-girlfriends), her opinion of her own size seemed reasonable.

Recently, we went to a local mall and she found out that she's a G - cup. In a D/DD bra, there's definitely more spillage and cleavage but she feels there's less support. The G - cup fits perfectly though it doesn't really accentuate the breasts as much.

My guess is that most women are wearing bras at least 1 or 2 cup sizes too small. This is probably more true with larger women.
^larger busted women. But many many people are in the wrong size. It is just less annoying if your breasts are smaller.

Tell her to try Cleo bras. They make your breasts front and center.

Not all fit the same way and it depends on you breast shape too.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:56 AM

Yea my mom's got a 31" bust and 28" rib cage. She thinks she's a 32A. She has saggy boobs sadly.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:19 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,084,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
They're not messin around with sizes, an inch is still an inch. Most women just refuse to wear the right size and only go to stores that pander to that behavior. They'd rather increase your band to keep you in a C or D cup rather then tell you you are an F or G or more and have you burst in to tears, dog cuss them or just leave and go to another store. Also, women hate back fat - so a lot of you will wear too loose bands to keep from having it which is really bad news for heavier boobs. That sucker needs to be as tight as possible bordering on unbearable as long as it doesn't twist and fold on the edges.
Yep. A mainstream store told me I was such and such DD. Later I went to a different store and was told 34G. The G fits way better than what the mainstream store told me, but that store only sells up to DD. My sister and I probably have about the same sized breasts, but as I'm much skinner than she is our cup sizes are completely different.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:31 PM

Yea I always got told at store I was a 34A or B when I was about a 34 or less around FULLEST part of my bust that was back when I was 14. I tried band rising 34C's lol.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Ah, I don't know whether I should laugh, cry, or just be happy the resizing movement is spreading.

I'll be glad when people no longer refer to cup sizes as if they're fixed volumes.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:22 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
C is my favorite size and 34 in front of it. I have had many GFs with different sized boobs and the ones with a smaller chest told me their nipples were extreme errogenous zone whereas those with big racks say the opposite.

I started dating smaller women 5'5" -5'6". I am 6'1". I like boobs.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:40 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,366,498 times
Many years ago, a C cup was considered large, and a D cup was considered XL. I laugh at this now. People (humans) are just taller and larger than they were in the 1950s. Old sizes don't mean much. We aren't malnourished dustbowl farmers anymore.

Today, a 36-D would probably be average. That's me, and I'm a size 10-12 in regular clothing sizes. I'm not big, and I'm not small. I'm just a plan jane. I think an F or G bra cup size would not be very uncommon nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty