Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2014, 05:19 PM

255 posts, read 407,104 times

Advertisements

I've never met a guy who would choose body over face, unless he just wants a quick lay. I don't even know how many times men have said they'd date me if it weren't for my face. I keep myself thin and fit because I am not the best looking. I dress well and style my hair. I have plenty of guy friends and acquaintances. They all originally started out as dating potential but none were interested enough beyond friendship. They all told me they couldn't date someone if they weren't attracted to the face but we could be friends. Maybe it's just where I live, but both men and women I know will always choose a better looking face over a decent body. One of my girl friends has never had a relationship and she's 30 because she won't date a guy unless his face is perfect, but she hasn't met that perfect face yet. She's beautiful and can get any guy she wants, but she says none of them have the best face yet. She wants her children to look perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 05:29 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I've never met a guy who would choose body over face, unless he just wants a quick lay. I don't even know how many times men have said they'd date me if it weren't for my face. I keep myself thin and fit because I am not the best looking. I dress well and style my hair. I have plenty of guy friends and acquaintances. They all originally started out as dating potential but none were interested enough beyond friendship. They all told me they couldn't date someone if they weren't attracted to the face but we could be friends. Maybe it's just where I live, but both men and women I know will always choose a better looking face over a decent body. One of my girl friends has never had a relationship and she's 30 because she won't date a guy unless his face is perfect, but she hasn't met that perfect face yet. She's beautiful and can get any guy she wants, but she says none of them have the best face yet. She wants her children to look perfect.
What kind of people do you hang out with that would actually say that to someone? This doesn't sound real. The part about passing up someone who's slim and trim does sound real, though. So many guys here believe that's impossible, but it happens all the time. It's normal.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:56 PM

255 posts, read 407,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What kind of people do you hang out with that would actually say that to someone? This doesn't sound real. The part about passing up someone who's slim and trim does sound real, though. So many guys here believe that's impossible, but it happens all the time. It's normal.
It's not just people I hang out with. It's most people. If they don't find the face attractive then they aren't interested beyond friendship if the person is nice enough.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:19 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
It's not just people I hang out with. It's most people. If they don't find the face attractive then they aren't interested beyond friendship if the person is nice enough.
I feel for you. I think I am the same. My body gets good compliments. But I assume I must be ugly in the face, because no guys I liked were ever interested, for friendship, dating, or sex. But when I dress to show my body, it attracted the slobs, bad boys, or perverts. So, I decided to stop doing that, and just cover up completely and fix my hair and face as best I can. Maybe I will find at least 1 boyfriend later in life, if lucky.

So, guess we're in the "Butterface" club

So, way it goes

Body > Face for booty-call
Face > Body for relationship and romance

Last edited by HappyRain; 12-14-2014 at 07:29 PM..

Old 12-14-2014, 07:49 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
I'm a man and I don't take just their body into consideration. I take the entire package and looks are only one part of that, as they say, beauty is only skin deep.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:02 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Lol, someone said it to me once. I was walking down 42nd Street in NYC years ago, before it was Disneyfied. I passed a guy who looked at me and said, "Nice body. Face ain't much, but you have a nice body." What kind of person was he? Either a drug dealer or a pimp.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
True. But my point was that most people don't actually tell someone they won't date them because their face doesn't pass muster.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol, someone said it to me once. I was walking down 42nd Street in NYC years ago, before it was Disneyfied. I passed a guy who looked at me and said, "Nice body. Face ain't much, but you have a nice body." What kind of person was he? Either a drug dealer or a pimp.
Exactly. That was my general drift.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:23 PM

1,553 posts, read 924,654 times
Faces and butts are of equal importance to this man.

Excess weight is BY FAR the biggest turnoff...

Old 12-15-2014, 07:40 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, some people don't have a filter between their brain and their mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty