Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 07:33 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times

Advertisements

Aloha great posts guys Mahalo.

I was thinking today as i was shopping, that i notice asian ladies more then i used too, growing up in Hawai'i asians are the majority of the population, i have always known how gorgeous they are but ive never really been headover heels like i am now. I wonder if what we find attractive or who we are attracted too changes with age and time. Has that happened to you?

Coolhand68 i agree with you, i can always find somthing beutiful with almost any woman or place if i look for it. But lately its asian and asian hapa ladies that have been making my heart skip,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Aloha great posts guys Mahalo.

I was thinking today as i was shopping, that i notice asian ladies more then i used too, growing up in Hawai'i asians are the majority of the population, i have always known how gorgeous they are but ive never really been headover heels like i am now. I wonder if what we find attractive or who we are attracted too changes with age and time. Has that happened to you?

Coolhand68 i agree with you, i can always find somthing beutiful with almost any woman or place if i look for it. But lately its asian and asian hapa ladies that have been making my heart skip,
I can definitely tell you that I was never attracted to Asian women until I actually lived in Hawaii and Japan. I was really pleasantly surprised at how some of the ladies were "my type." Much more curvaceous and thick than I imagined they would be. I also didn't think they would find men of my type attractive - man was I wrong.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I can definitely tell you that I was never attracted to Asian women until I actually lived in Hawaii and Japan. I was really pleasantly surprised at how some of the ladies were "my type." Much more curvaceous and thick than I imagined they would be. I also didn't think they would find men of my type attractive - man was I wrong.
Lol is good to know im not the only one.

Anyone else? Oh Mahalo brah for post'n

Old 08-15-2013, 08:45 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
That's a myth. Plus those women weren't fat like the average disgusting American today who guzzles down junk food and soda daily, then complains they are fat due to genetics, the same genetics that had previous generations with half the obesity rate.
Who said it's a myth? What about the Venus of Willendorf and all those fertility figures?

Old 08-17-2013, 08:56 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
As a woman I do wonder . Sometimes it's hard to imagine my likes with out the mass brain washing . I do know I perfect tan skin dark hair light eyes or red hair green eyes unlike society who thinks blonde hair blue eyes is the crux of beauty

Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 AM

318 posts, read 626,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
As a woman I do wonder . Sometimes it's hard to imagine my likes with out the mass brain washing . I do know I perfect tan skin dark hair light eyes or red hair green eyes unlike society who thinks blonde hair blue eyes is the crux of beauty
Yup.

I'm also female, and I remember when I was younger, I used to be attracted to blond-haired, blue-eyed muscular surfy looking boys (pretty much the standard of what is considered the ideal of attractiveness in Australia) but as I grew up and developed my own tastes, I realised that I wasn't really attracted to the surf boy types at all, it was just what I've grown up around.

I prefer dark-haired lanky half-Asian guys these days Actually, most of the guys nowadays I find attractive have been dark-haired, dark-eyed, lanky and kind of ethnic looking (that is, not anglo-saxon), I suppose.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
So have you ever thought that maybe your ideals of what is attractive is really not your ideals... I once asked my friends why they thought that models where more attractive or why they were attracted to the model type mostly and most of my friends just shrugged. So do u think t.v. magazines, peer pressure etc influences what you find attractive, even on an unconscious level? And how does it influence u?
Yes, that is why your friends could only shrug, because their preferences had already been decided for them. And for many men that I know, it also seems to be an appeasement their ego to associate their taste and social status with what hey have been conditioned to perceive as quality female examples of [thin] fitness and beauty.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I watched one of those Discovery Channel "Science of Sex" specials a while ago that brought up an interesting point. A hundred years ago, before mass media, people's only metric on what was attractive depended on the people that they saw in everyday life. So if you look around at the people you see everyday, there's probably a wide range of attractiveness. Now people have movies, TV, magazines, internet, where most of the people featured are at the top range of human attractiveness, which gives people a skewed ideal in comparison to the everyday folk that they actually have a chance with.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:50 PM

Mahalo great posts you guys, some really great points.

So do we feel that media, society, culture etc etc has an effect on what we think is attractive or gorgeous etc? What do you think? Here is a great article about the influences. Whats your opinion?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 AM

Hmm what do you think guys? share your opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty