U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 07:22 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,573,153 times

Advertisements

Looking for a *warm* shade of medium pink lipstick in a satin creme formula. Most pinks are cool tones with a blue or purple base and have shimmer. No stores close by so I shop online. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 08:49 PM

149 posts, read 209,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Looking for a *warm* shade of medium pink lipstick in a satin creme formula. Most pinks are cool tones with a blue or purple base and have shimmer. No stores close by so I shop online. Any suggestions?
Try Lancóme, they have a huge section of lip sticks in very lovely colors.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:56 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times

MAC Pink Lipsticks, Lipliners, and Lipglasses 2013 - YouTube

I also love avons lipstick and gloss.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:36 PM

18,836 posts, read 12,465,112 times
I think what you want is a coral? I usually end up with a Revlon lipstick. I think Revlon does warm blonde colors better than most.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:50 PM

26,864 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Clinque too might work for you.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 PM

15,824 posts, read 18,434,141 times
I have bought lipsticks recently from Kohl's. You might check online. Several of the typical make-up companies are doing warm, matte colors. Good luck finding yours.
Here is a website I found...Essie Nail Polish - Pinks and Roses - Alligator Purse #613 - Essie Nail Polish - Pinks and Roses

Old 06-03-2013, 06:20 AM

40,870 posts, read 32,642,286 times
Hands down, the best shade I've ever found is "Cinnamon Twist" by Mary Kay - and it's been discontinued but can still be found on eBay.

Don't let the name fool you - it's not really a brown. I don't know what it is about this particular shade, but it's definitely got a pink undertone, so when you wear it with pinks, it looks warmly pink. When you wear it with reds, it looks like a soft red. When you wear it with browns, it looks like a pinkish brown. I mean, it matches EVERYTHING. I guess one reason is that while it's a rich color, it's not a DARK color. It's not a heavy lipstick look - more of a pumped up natural. It's a cream, and very long wearing. If you use a lip pencil, another great thing about this color is it blends literally with just about every lip pencil.

I wear it with everything. I just won a bid on eBay for two lipsticks! I will grieve when I can't find it anymore!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...70348361207021

Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,421,193 times
Maybe try:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Cream Lipstick: Lipstick | Sephora

Check out the pink colors in the second row. The warm colors are noted and there are a few of them. I would also check out the one called "warm toffee". If your lips have a bit of pink to them it can work with those types of colors to get what you want in the final color pay off.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I think what you want is a coral? I usually end up with a Revlon lipstick. I think Revlon does warm blonde colors better than most.

Yes, thank you -- will remember also to look for coral shades. Just wish the companies would all have testers and give descriptive names to their lipstick colors other than "Hot Mama" or "Sassy", etc. ! Have looked at online websites for Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, and Avon but still no luck. Someday when I get to a major department store, will try on some colors. Right now will just go with my old standby neutral "Peach Mocha" by Maybelline.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:38 PM

[quote=KathrynAragon;29847448]Hands down, the best shade I've ever found is "Cinnamon Twist" by Mary Kay - and it's been discontinued but can still be found on eBay.

Don't let the name fool you - it's not really a brown. I don't know what it is about this particular shade, but it's definitely got a pink undertone, so when you wear it with pinks, it looks warmly pink. When you wear it with reds, it looks like a soft red. When you wear it with browns, it looks like a pinkish brown. I mean, it matches EVERYTHING. I guess one reason is that while it's a rich color, it's not a DARK color. It's not a heavy lipstick look - more of a pumped up natural. It's a cream, and very long wearing. If you use a lip pencil, another great thing about this color is it blends literally with just about every lip pencil.

I wear it with everything. I just won a bid on eBay for two lipsticks! I will grieve when I can't find it anymore!

Thank you. Sometimes I forget about Mary Kay. Used some of their products years ago and liked them. "Cinnamon Twist" sounds pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty