U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2007, 07:02 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,565,550 times
Reputation: 2688

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hey Roma! I have botox around the corners of my eyes to ward off those pesky lines and wrinkles! It doesn't really hurt. Just a tiny pinch. I also got the restylane in the lines y my mouth. Now that hurt like a son of a @#$%^!!!!! I really didn't need the restylane, but I figured 'what the heck'. I like the results but I'm really starting to re-think whether I should wait until it's absolutely necessary for me to have it.

The botox I would absolutely do over and over again. I have never had it in my forehead because I don't have any lines or wrinkles there, but I highly recommend it for around your eyes.
So, you have had good results with botox?
Did you notice that your expressions seemed "frozen" or limited at all???
Lucky you for NOt having wrinkles on your forhead...huh...wish I could say that.
And, did you have Juvederm to fill in wrinkles, or the lips?
I really need it to fill the lines coming from the nose to my mouth (forget the specific name you call them....brain freeze today....lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2007, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,535 posts, read 35,657,884 times
Reputation: 13133
My results have been really good. I don't have a "frozen" look because they don't give me that much and also where I have the shots - on the outside corners of my eyes where crow's feet tend to form. I can still squint and do everything I was doing before but the muscles that help make crow's feet are sedated. I've never had anything done to my lips. I don't need to as I already have naturally full lips. Plus, Lisa Rinna's lips are forever etched in my mind and that SCARES me!!!

I've had the restylane on the sides of my mouth (labial folds) but I really didn't need it. The result is very nice but it hurt like you wouldn't believe, so I'm not sure I'll be having that done again anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,565,550 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
My results have been really good. I don't have a "frozen" look because they don't give me that much and also where I have the shots - on the outside corners of my eyes where crow's feet tend to form. I can still squint and do everything I was doing before but the muscles that help make crow's feet are sedated. I've never had anything done to my lips. I don't need to as I already have naturally full lips. Plus, Lisa Rinna's lips are forever etched in my mind and that SCARES me!!!

I've had the restylane on the sides of my mouth (labial folds) but I really didn't need it. The result is very nice but it hurt like you wouldn't believe, so I'm not sure I'll be having that done again anytime soon.
Ding- ding- ding.....THAT'S the word.."labial folds" lol
I am checking into getting them filled....mine are a bit "excessive", and YES, I agree with your Lisa Rinna comment......she "over did" it, and looks like a blowfish now....YUCK!!!!!!
I definately want to check out the Botox and Restylane options for me.........(and think, that I have to do it, when my husband is not around. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,535 posts, read 35,657,884 times
Reputation: 13133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Ding- ding- ding.....THAT'S the word.."labial folds" lol
I am checking into getting them filled....mine are a bit "excessive", and YES, I agree with your Lisa Rinna comment......she "over did" it, and looks like a blowfish now....YUCK!!!!!!
I definately want to check out the Botox and Restylane options for me.........(and think, that I have to do it, when my husband is not around. )
I hear ya! LOL. My husband doesn't know when I'm going to have this stuff done, doesn't know what it costs and in fact, probably doesn't even realize I've even had anything done! I like to keep it that way. We're talking about a man who will spend ANY amount of money on golf and all things golf related, but will have a flippin' coniption fit if he finds out what I spend on ballroom dance, clothing, shoes, cosmetics, lunches/dinners, nails, hair or anything else that is important to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 8,565,550 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I hear ya! LOL. My husband doesn't know when I'm going to have this stuff done, doesn't know what it costs and in fact, probably doesn't even realize I've even had anything done! I like to keep it that way. We're talking about a man who will spend ANY amount of money on golf and all things golf related, but will have a flippin' coniption fit if he finds out what I spend on ballroom dance, clothing, shoes, cosmetics, lunches/dinners, nails, hair or anything else that is important to me.
LOL...right back at ya....lol.
It must be a "guys" thing, because mine has no clue on what things cost............huh....not even how much I have to spend on groceries...but he likes to eat good....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 PM
 
267 posts, read 1,682,664 times
Reputation: 199
When is a good age to get Botox? I'll be 29 in a few months but I'm scared of those little lines I'm starting to see around my eyes. I have really good skin and use sunblock and moisturizer religously. My husband says I look great but I think I want to get some kind of enhancement in a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2007, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,535 posts, read 35,657,884 times
Reputation: 13133
You are probably okay to get it at 29. If you aren't happy with some aspect of your face, then by all means, have some botox. It really doesn't hurt and it's temporary until the next time you have it done. Also, it's not terribly expensive either. It's better to start taking care of little things now before they become big things later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top