U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:55 AM

4,610 posts, read 10,033,563 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I want to get Botox injections in my forehead and anywhere else the DR. might recommend. My face is beginning to age and I have deep creases in my forehead.

Have you ever had Botox done? What was it like and how much did it cost? I've seen it done on TV and the people seem to have bumps in there forehead after the injection? I wonder how long it takes for the injection bumps to go away?

And how long does the Botox last in your forehead before you need to have it done again?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 AM

2,493 posts, read 3,061,744 times
Yes, I have, several times. It's expensive but the results are amazing. The results are also temporary. I have not needed it as much since I got the efudex chemical peal. Go and do it, Roma!

Like Joan Rivers says, "Ladies, do what ever you have to -- sell your cars, your children, whatever -- to stay beautiful while you still have your period!!!"

Greenie

Old 11-04-2007, 09:31 AM

368 posts, read 1,777,391 times
Love it, Love it, Love it! I try and have as much as I can afford. It hurts, honestly, but it is tolerable. For me, it does not last super long - maybe 3 months. I wish it were longer. I have it in my forehead and around my crows feet. It is about $500. I also do Juvaderm in the lines around my mouth, which I love as well. This lasts longer - maybe a year. Also about $500. The thing about Botox is that the more you do it, the more the lines will relax, thereby requiring less after a while.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:37 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,061,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnaie View Post
Love it, Love it, Love it! I try and have as much as I can afford. It hurts, honestly, but it is tolerable. For me, it does not last super long - maybe 3 months. I wish it were longer. I have it in my forehead and around my crows feet. It is about $500. I also do Juvaderm in the lines around my mouth, which I love as well. This lasts longer - maybe a year. Also about $500. The thing about Botox is that the more you do it, the more the lines will relax, thereby requiring less after a while.
You think it hurts? I don't think it hurts at all. I love it, but you do have to find a good shooter. You don't want your eyebrows to droop.

Greenie

Old 11-04-2007, 02:19 PM

Neither do you want the perpetually surprised look!

I do think it hurts a bit. Call me a wimp, but needles to the face does pain me a bit...frankly, I thought the Juvaderm was the worst, but now I understand that I should have had lidocane injected first, then the Juvaderm...

Worth EVERY penny and wince, and where I live in CA, considered the absolute minimum - most people I know are doing A LOT more.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:33 PM

Well I'm excited to get all this stuff done. I'll do the Juvaderm on my top lip too. I'm not sure about that efudex though Greenie. I'll talk to my doctor about that one when I get to California.

What's funny is my husband doesn't want me to have anything done. I think it's because of the cost but he says it's not that. He says he just doesn't want my lips to look like Melanie Griffin lips or my face to look like the Cat women of New York (Jocelyne Wildenst) face.

I want a lot of work done. But I think it's reasonable. I want my nose done. I want a chemical peel. I want Botox. I want my upper eye lids done and I want my top lip done.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnaie View Post
Thanks for all the great information. It really helped.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:55 PM

Be careful with the lips - I can see why your husband would worry. I would rather use too little than too much. I have had my eyelids done, my chest lifted and had lipo as well. Anyway, eyelids were good, lipo was fair, but the chest lift by far and away was the best money I spent barring the Botox and Juvaderm. I am fairly certain that people in the middle of the country would think I am a shallow nut, but here it all seems fairly routine. Make sure that you find someone that knows what they are doing. Ask people you know for references. Good luck!

Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,564,608 times
Huh, Roma...you and me both, girl!
I am playing with the idea with Botox and Juvederm around my creases of the nose to mouth, forhead and wrinkles around my eyes.
I had breast implants in 2000, never ever looked back, and never regret it! (I wish though, I would have had it done way sooner then I did)
My husband has the same feelings about it, as yours. Must be a "guys thing"...lol.
The good thing is, that Botox and Juvederm are temporary solutions, and will wear off.....and THAT'S the reason why I want to try it.
I still feel way TO YOUNG yet, to have anything done like a face lift, or mini face lift. I definately want to hold off on that....since I've seen WAY more bad facelifts....then good ones these days!!!
Scary!!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,652,233 times
Hey Roma! I have botox around the corners of my eyes to ward off those pesky lines and wrinkles! It doesn't really hurt. Just a tiny pinch. I also got the restylane in the lines y my mouth. Now that hurt like a son of a @#$%^!!!!! I really didn't need the restylane, but I figured 'what the heck'. I like the results but I'm really starting to re-think whether I should wait until it's absolutely necessary for me to have it.

The botox I would absolutely do over and over again. I have never had it in my forehead because I don't have any lines or wrinkles there, but I highly recommend it for around your eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty