Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,877,215 times

Advertisements

Here are women my height and weight (5'4 135 pounds)

Welcome - What Real Women Look Like

Anyone see any full figured size 12 chubby girls? Why do I even bother posting here anymore!!

Old 06-06-2013, 10:00 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,252,081 times
I wonder too.

You've gotten advice on your original question, including from me, but you don't have much to say about that.

When you ask people something on a message board, you have to understand you will get a variety of responses. If you can't keep an open mind or understand that people may say things you don't love or want to hear, but maybe that's their way of helping, then perhaps you are better of not seeking that sort of help. If you honestly "can't cope" then perhaps seeking another outlet of help for yourself is a better option for yourself. Especially, if it really bothers you that much. I got marriage proposals from strangers, tons of looks, flirts, etc. I never had difficulty coping, I just brush it off. I think if it bothers you that much, you need to take control of the problem in a better way.

I see people ask for advice on messages boards a lot, then get upset at responses they don't like or don't want to hear. I never understood the point of asking, then. You seem offended at being called "size 12" as if that is such a "horrible thing". You are obviously insulted that a stranger might think you are size 12. You obviously have some issues and need it to be known you are a skinny/small girl or you would not be so upset at being thought of as the "Awful size 12". Why should you care if a stranger thought you were a size 12?

Last edited by DR2012; 06-06-2013 at 10:11 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 10:07 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,352,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
My boyfriend is never ashamed to be seen with me. I guess Wyoming is more conservative than the East Coast cities we have lived in. Everyone here wears yoga pants even if they're obese. We go shopping together and he helps me pick out most of my stuff. He isn't so jealous or insecure to dress me like a conservative Church granny.
Why is it several young posters here don't see that style is a spectrum - there is a vast space, full of interesting, flattering clothes that are between "look at me, I'm hot" and "Church granny"? Between flaunting and hiding? Why limit yourselves like that?

Old 06-06-2013, 10:10 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,252,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Why is it several young posters here don't see that there is a vast space, full of interesting, flattering clothes that are between "look at me, I'm hot" and "Church granny"? Between flaunting and hiding? Why limit yourselves like that?
Interesting point. There are other choices, and lots of things in between.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,647,546 times
You aren't a size 10 or 12. You probably would have been prior to 1970, but not anymore. Have these people looked at a size chart in the last decade?

If you honestly want to avoid looks, buy wovens that fit the bust but will then be loose in the waist. Don't wear tight pants. If you just like talking about getting attention, then carry on.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,328,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I wonder too.

You've gotten advice on your original question, including from me, but you don't have much to say about that.

When you ask people something on a message board, you have to understand you will get a variety of responses. If you can't keep an open mind or understand that people may say things you don't love or want to hear, but maybe that's their way of helping, then perhaps you are better of not seeking that sort of help. If you honestly "can't cope" then perhaps seeking another outlet of help for yourself is a better option for yourself. Especially, if it really bothers you that much. I got marriage proposals from strangers, tons of looks, flirts, etc. I never had difficulty coping, I just brush it off. I think if it bothers you that much, you need to take control of the problem in a better way.

I see people ask for advice on messages boards a lot, then get upset at responses they don't like or don't want to hear. I never understood the point of asking, then. You seem offended at being called "size 12" as if that is such a "horrible thing". You are obviously insulted that a stranger might think you are size 12. You obviously have some issues and need it to be known you are a skinny/small girl or you would not be so upset at being thought of as the "Awful size 12". Why should you care if a stranger thought you were a size 12?
Ditto. This sounds more like a personal issue than a clothing issue. I'm sorry, but if you're attractive, even the most proper heterosexual gentleman is going to check you out. I would probably be one of them. I wonder if she's ever "oogled" a man?

Most women would kill to have the OP's measurements.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:45 AM

44,273 posts, read 19,931,196 times
This thread has run its course, so it's now closed. OP, you received some excellent advice from several posters. It's your choice whether to do anything with the information and advice provided.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty