Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:09 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

Hideous! I have seen some, and eyebrows go an odd shade of green, they fade in the sun. Eye liner looks bad as well.

Don't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 04:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Hideous! I have seen some, and eyebrows go an odd shade of green, they fade in the sun. Eye liner looks bad as well.

Don't do it.
Weird, because my eyebrows definitely aren't green (they're still a very light brown) and neither are my Mom's, grandma's, aunts or two of my friends who have theirs done. They do fade though, which is what it's supposed to do...they don't use tattoo ink, they use pigment which is completely different.

Sounds like you're blaming the procedure when you should be blaming the people who didn't research and get it done by a reputable person. Like I've said, I've never had a single person notice mine were tattooed

Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Weird, because my eyebrows definitely aren't green (they're still a very light brown) and neither are my Mom's, grandma's, aunts or two of my friends who have theirs done. They do fade though, which is what it's supposed to do...they don't use tattoo ink, they use pigment which is completely different.

Sounds like you're blaming the procedure when you should be blaming the people who didn't research and get it done by a reputable person. Like I've said, I've never had a single person notice mine were tattooed
I agree. They must have gone to an inexperienced/cheap place of business. Just like everything else in life........you get what you pay for! The lady that does mine is an RN, CPCP, CDT, FAAM, CMI. She does the "hair-stroke" method and I look great!

Old 06-08-2013, 06:53 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times
I have my eyeliner done. My friend had hers done and I never even knew!! I always thought she just had awesome eyeliner products. LOL. Anyways, this is what I was told.....mine is black. It will fade. My friends looks blue-gray, but the guy that did it says it doesn't look blue to him. I dunno. My normal tattoos on my body were black at once and are now blue, light black.

3 years is about right for them to fade. That is not to say that they will, but that's average. I think it also depends on what kind of product it is. The friend that had hers done? Her mom had hers done 20+ years ago and never needed a touch-up (but then, it could be the type of inks we no longer use). I expect mine to fade and the guy who did it does touch-ups for about half to third of the price.

I would prefer my artist to do permanent tattoo on plastic surgery patients....more than spa clients. But realize that still doesn't mean they are trained well. Most likely, yes, but just do your research. The guy I went to does plastic surgery patients, but doesn't work for a plastic surgeon.

Lastly, my reason for doing it? I hate wearing makeup. When I workout in the AM, I'm still sweaty that my makeup won't even "stick". And I totally suck at putting on eyeliner. LOL. I never did it because I was always afraid of the bad results that you see online. I only did it because I saw my friend's done and how well of a job the guy did and most importantly, how she felt about him, because in truth, that is the only reason I went forth.

Oh yeah, I have seen 2 people who are older and have had their eyeliner done 20+ years ago (one was a photo). They both look great. Honestly, they look like any other older women wearing eyeliner. Meaning, it still looked great. I believe as long as you don't do anything trendy like "cat eyes", you should be fine. I know the guy that did mine, refused to do cat eyes (on a co-worker). To me, that's knowing your product and knowing your reputation (like tattoo artists who won't do names of significant others).

My only regret? I think I shouldn't have done my lower eyeliner. I don't typically wear it and eh, I could do w/o it. Oh and I would have gone thicker on the top (just a little). I'll probably do that when I have it touched up in another couple of years.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Had a coworker who had that done -- severe infection and major scarring later..... what a mess. No thanks.
My BFF had it done and they look great!! Went to a cosmetic surgeon's practice to have it done, even so the above is what makes me stop short of doing it

Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
I think 2 things make an older woman look younger, nice eyebrows and lips!! I have to fill in my brows and it's a pain, I would love to get my brows done as I have seen amazing results.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:14 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

They changed what they use to color and the needles are smaller now. But I would still be using someone you got a personal reference on.

Permanent Makeup MUST KNOWS | Style With Anna: Health, Beauty, Design and Fashion Tips

"Make SURE that the ink people use does not have iron oxides in it! That is the stuff that will turn your **** green or blue."

" Back in the old days, they used iron oxide ink because it’s in body tattoos and it’s cheap. But after realizing that after sun exposure your **** will turn green, they quickly found other options."

I personally don't think the eyeliner or lips look right usually. Even the new versions. Eyebrows look more real than they ever did. I would do just a line or two to test for allergies or scar potential before doing the whole brow. It happens even if you do everything right.

You can also try the henna option if you don't want to fully commit to tattoo work just yet or are just curious. Test for allergies on that one too. You can be allergic to anything. There are various demos of henna types apps on youtube.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
They changed what they use to color and the needles are smaller now. But I would still be using someone you got a personal reference on.

Permanent Makeup MUST KNOWS | Style With Anna: Health, Beauty, Design and Fashion Tips

"Make SURE that the ink people use does not have iron oxides in it! That is the stuff that will turn your **** green or blue."

" Back in the old days, they used iron oxide ink because it’s in body tattoos and it’s cheap. But after realizing that after sun exposure your **** will turn green, they quickly found other options."

I personally don't think the eyeliner or lips look right usually. Even the new versions. Eyebrows look more real than they ever did. I would do just a line or two to test for allergies or scar potential before doing the whole brow. It happens even if you do everything right.

You can also try the henna option if you don't want to fully commit to tattoo work just yet or are just curious. Test for allergies on that one too. You can be allergic to anything. There are various demos of henna types apps on youtube.
Totally agree!

It's alllll about research, research, and more research. Look at portfolios, meet the 'artist' and even ask if you can meet some of their clients. I know I've met up with more than one person who wanted to see my eyebrows before they got theirs done because of my artists request. It's not a big deal.

And completely agree about the iron oxide. When I started getting my arm tattooed I knew it was going to be in the 'old school' style which means thick black lines and I MADE SURE the ink they used had no iron oxide so the lines wouldn't blur and change colors. Nearly a decade later and my linework is still bright black with no weird pigment discoloration.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:56 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
I really want to get my eyebrows tattooed- I have always had next to no eyebrows. I want the eyeliner done as well.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:29 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,744,337 times
I've been thinking about having my eyebrows done. My brows are sparse & uneven so they require a lot of effort to get them looking good, and I'm always worried about eyebrow pencil/powder smudging in the heat.

I'd also like to have liner done but it makes me kind of nervous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty