U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2011, 03:51 AM
 
24,511 posts, read 34,137,778 times
Reputation: 12779

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
where do you work? i want this job that provides me with a virtually unlimited amount of money.
You're getting offtopic here but I'll oblige. I am self-employed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post

seriously, what does anyone really do with their lives that the time it takes to shave a few body parts is considered a waste? do you live in an indiana jones movie or something?
The obvious ones are spend time with their family, take care of their health (rest, relieve stress, etc).... and be productive.

My point was, if you don't like hair on your legs/body... then why keep shaving/waxing every week or whatever... when you can easily take care of it for once and all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
Reputation: 42370
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is where you are wrong... As our society has already proven. There's 10 pages here where women chime in... you might want to read it.
I doubt most 10-year-olds have opinions like, "I just feel cleaner down there." Children don't tend to view their own bodies as dirty and gross. Society teaches women that body hair is disgusting, and that we are smelly and ugly unless we shave. (And it's starting in on men too.) Children don't have that idea all by themselves. Girl shave their legs because their friends do, and they shave their pubes because they worry about being laughed at in a bathing suit. Those opinions come from outside, not from within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 09:19 AM
 
217 posts, read 721,141 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I doubt most 10-year-olds have opinions like, "I just feel cleaner down there." Children don't tend to view their own bodies as dirty and gross. Society teaches women that body hair is disgusting, and that we are smelly and ugly unless we shave. (And it's starting in on men too.) Children don't have that idea all by themselves. Girl shave their legs because their friends do, and they shave their pubes because they worry about being laughed at in a bathing suit. Those opinions come from outside, not from within.

Best post in the HISTORY of posts!!
You have NAILED it and are dead on balls accurate!! Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 AM
 
130 posts, read 267,242 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I doubt most 10-year-olds have opinions like, "I just feel cleaner down there." Children don't tend to view their own bodies as dirty and gross. Society teaches women that body hair is disgusting, and that we are smelly and ugly unless we shave. (And it's starting in on men too.) Children don't have that idea all by themselves. Girl shave their legs because their friends do, and they shave their pubes because they worry about being laughed at in a bathing suit. Those opinions come from outside, not from within.
There have been many who posted here who have succinctly said what I have been feeling.

Case in point the great majority of you who shave there do so because societal norms have affected your self image. Think about it to yourself honestly, did you start shaving out of the blue just because you wanted to? Did you do it with no incentive from society/peers?

Think for a moment, if I told you I didn't shave my arms, what would your thoughts be? Now, if I told you I didn't shave my legs, what would your thoughts be?

Society greatly dictates what we consider the norm and we adhere to these because we want to fit in and be accepted. Our society deems female bodily hair (and to some extent male bodily hair) to be dirty, gross and unappealing.

Look at the 1970's/80's/ even 90's and see how women with unshaved/untrimed pubic hair was natural and normal. Remember the time when males having chest hair that spilled out of their shirts was seen as sexy? The pillar of manliness was having a chest full of hair and a face full of beard.

How much more will we need to shave away? Will we become barren of all bodily hair? As it is now, women pluck their eyebrows, shave their under arms, shave their legs, trim/shave their pubic hair. Do women really do this because they want to? Do women wake up in the morning and put makeup on because they want to? Or do we do it because they want to be appealing and fit in?

Actually never mind

I'm straying off into a whole different discussion that I really don't have the energy to get into.

What really bothers me are people complaining about getting hair in their teeth/mouth. For those of you complaining is it really problematic for you that when you orally please your girlfriend/wife that you end up with a mouth full of hair and hair in your teeth? What are you guys doing? Are you combing her pubic hair with your teeth? I sometimes wonder if people aren't just using that as an excuse. "well.. well ..you got to trim/shave so you don't get hair in my teeth!!!"

It also burns me that people seem to imply that oral pleasure is some great service to a woman and that her vagina in it's natural state is a vile disgusting thing and that she needs to prepare it for it to be deemed acceptable enough to be given pleasure to.

Many women don't give a **** about receiving oral pleasure, so please stop acting like this is some great service you are doing a woman, or that this is what all women clamor for.

P.S. Do you all realize how dirty the human mouth is?

Last edited by Alyx_Vance; 11-21-2011 at 10:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 10:59 AM
 
Location: middleboro, ma
184 posts, read 584,799 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The obvious ones are spend time with their family, take care of their health (rest, relieve stress, etc).... and be productive.

My point was, if you don't like hair on your legs/body... then why keep shaving/waxing every week or whatever... when you can easily take care of it for once and all?
i seriously doubt anyone requires, or even desires, so much time for those things that they really can't be bothered to put ten minutes into removing some hair every now and then. if you have time to do things like browsing and posting on this forum, you probably have time to shave/wax.

and it's not easy to take care of "once and for all" with laser removal if you're not made of money. apparently you are, but many people are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 11:07 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,907 posts, read 34,989,441 times
Reputation: 42370
Alyx_Vance and Moo Du Kwan, while I believe what I said and feel that there is nothing dirty or gross--and certainly nothing unfeminine--about body hair, I admit to being a slave to society in that way. I shave. I don't have the guts not to. And I do like the sensuous feeling of a very smooth, soft leg, not to mention ... well, I won't mention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 AM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,444,482 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
i seriously doubt anyone requires, or even desires, so much time for those things that they really can't be bothered to put ten minutes into removing some hair every now and then. if you have time to do things like browsing and posting on this forum, you probably have time to shave/wax.

and it's not easy to take care of "once and for all" with laser removal if you're not made of money. apparently you are, but many people are not.
I can browse C-D at work, but they won't let me pull out the hot wax during office hours. Bunch of sticks in the mud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
10,892 posts, read 13,016,851 times
Reputation: 15317
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I doubt most 10-year-olds have opinions like, "I just feel cleaner down there."

I didn't even have pubic hair when I was 10.

Kids today...sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest
My point was, if you don't like hair on your legs/body... then why keep shaving/waxing every week or whatever... when you can easily take care of it for once and all?
I don't want some stranger all up in my cooch, thankyouverymuch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 05:24 PM
 
Location: anywhere
1,730 posts, read 3,997,591 times
Reputation: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post


I don't want some stranger all up in my cooch, thankyouverymuch.
You have your gynocologist up there don't you? Just think of it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,527 posts, read 29,246,638 times
Reputation: 21264
I had a boyfriend once who liked the look. Frankly, I find nothing sexy about looking like a 9 year old below the waist. Certain body parts are *not* pretty (this goes for both sexes), and the less you see of them the better IMHO.

I'll keep my fuzz thank you. If a few hairs poke out who really and truly cares? People worry too much about what other people think. Especially little frou frou girls.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top