U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:37 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,174,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I doubt most 10-year-olds have opinions like, "I just feel cleaner down there." Children don't tend to view their own bodies as dirty and gross. Society teaches women that body hair is disgusting, and that we are smelly and ugly unless we shave. (And it's starting in on men too.) Children don't have that idea all by themselves. Girl shave their legs because their friends do, and they shave their pubes because they worry about being laughed at in a bathing suit. Those opinions come from outside, not from within.
You are absolutely right in the reasons why many girls start shaving early (I assume). Thanks for supporting my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
i seriously doubt anyone requires, or even desires, so much time for those things that they really can't be bothered to put ten minutes into removing some hair every now and then. if you have time to do things like browsing and posting on this forum, you probably have time to shave/wax.

and it's not easy to take care of "once and for all" with laser removal if you're not made of money. apparently you are, but many people are not.
Most girls I know look at it as a chore. I'm a guy so I don't shave my legs.... but if they had a procedure to permanently keep my facial hair stubbly.. I'd do it for sure!

When I do shave my face for an event, it takes me 10 minutes. I can't imagine how long it takes women to shave their legs and other areas. Also, I can fit browsing the web into my schedule more easily because I have my phone and/or tablet with me everywhere I go.... I can't say the same about a razor.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
You have your gynocologist up there don't you? Just think of it that way.
I wish I could have not read that.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:08 AM

4,891 posts, read 8,991,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Certain body parts are *not* pretty (this goes for both sexes), and the less you see of them the better IMHO.
I dunno about that. I cannot think of one part of a woman's body that's not just the most stunning and beautiful thing to stare at.
ESPECIALLY down there.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:47 AM

2,115 posts, read 2,714,061 times
I like it clean-shaved. Especially if I'm going down on her, it's hell if she's not shaved.
And it looks much cleaner.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:12 AM

4,891 posts, read 8,991,632 times
Cleaner???
How do you link being clean and pubic hair together?
My wife is clean as a whistle.
....and she's got hair.

....and she'd stab me in the throat if she knew I were talking about her vagina on this site.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:16 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,011,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Cleaner???
....and she's got hair.

....and she'd stab me in the throat if she knew I were talking about her vagina on this site.

I am on Team Hair Is Gross.... but your post has me cracking up! Hope your wife doesn't find out!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,450,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You are absolutely right in the reasons why many girls start shaving early (I assume). Thanks for supporting my post.
Erm, pretty sure she was coming down on my side of the "10 year olds shaving" fence. There really is no reason to shave except to please some outside influence and it's especially true for such young girls. They shouldn't have to worry about how their genitals look.

Really, I see no reason anyone should worry about their pubic hair until they're sexually active. You are no cleaner with or without it and minimal maintenance will solve any heat and exposure problems. If you knew that no one would ever see you naked again, I'm guessing staying shaved is going to be very, very low on your priority list.

I'm not opposed to going bare, at all. Like haircuts, I think everyone should change things up from time to time. I am opposed to any woman, young or old, feeling ashamed of/pressure to remove their hair and I am opposed to people who claim it's more hygienic (I have my suspicions it's actually less hygienic, but I don't feel like doing the research right now).

Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,985,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Erm, pretty sure she was coming down on my side of the "10 year olds shaving" fence. There really is no reason to shave except to please some outside influence and it's especially true for such young girls. They shouldn't have to worry about how their genitals look.

Really, I see no reason anyone should worry about their pubic hair until they're sexually active. You are no cleaner with or without it and minimal maintenance will solve any heat and exposure problems. If you knew that no one would ever see you naked again, I'm guessing staying shaved is going to be very, very low on your priority list.

I'm not opposed to going bare, at all. Like haircuts, I think everyone should change things up from time to time. I am opposed to any woman, young or old, feeling ashamed of/pressure to remove their hair and I am opposed to people who claim it's more hygienic (I have my suspicions it's actually less hygienic, but I don't feel like doing the research right now).
I can't speak for others, but I go bare because I'm lazy. I find it to be more maintenance to keep some hair there. If you opt to maintain some hair, then not only do you have to either shave or wax the bikini line, now you have to trim the remaining hair. It's just so much easier to remove it all.

It's also a psychological thing for me. Kind of like when you get your hair trimmed. I just feel better. Neater. It's uplifting. I shave my legs regularly and it's not as if anybody else knows any better. I just feel better. I love feeling my freshly shaved or waxed skin on fabric, whether it's my undies, jeans or bed sheets.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:00 AM

2,115 posts, read 2,714,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Cleaner???
....and she's got hair.

Not cleaner in terms of bacteria... I'm studdying biochemical engineering, I know how much crap is on the skin with or without hair, regardless of if you bathe 8 times/day.

I mean cleaner in a stylish way. I think less hair is more elegant and makes the woman look more inviting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty