U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
155 posts, read 185,600 times
Reputation: 178

Advertisements

Wow. Seven pages of discussion on women shaving? Its like tatoos, some like it, some hate it, some prefer it, some think its crazy. Me personally, I LOVE it. My wife keeps herself very very very well groomed and occasionally goes completely shaven/waxed. Why? Because SHE loves it. One thing I've noticed is when she does go completely shaven/waxed she feels a bit extraordinarily sexy.

What I will never understand is, people making ridiculous comments about it being "pre-pubescent child like". When you have a grown woman with a body to die for, NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about that is child like. NOTHING!!! The other type of comment I find wildly ridiculous and laughable is when people somehow try to say its the fault of the "media" that people do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,465 posts, read 22,706,474 times
Reputation: 45139
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
But in between the Brazilians, or any type of waxing, don't you have to get fairly shaggy? I've gotten my legs waxed a few times and love how smooth they are immediately afterward, but you have to grow your hair out a bit ... beyond stubble. I'm assuming the same is true for bikini waxes.
I've wondered this, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 12:16 PM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient View Post
Wow. Seven pages of discussion on women shaving? Its like tatoos, some like it, some hate it, some prefer it, some think its crazy. Me personally, I LOVE it. My wife keeps herself very very very well groomed and occasionally goes completely shaven/waxed. Why? Because SHE loves it. One thing I've noticed is when she does go completely shaven/waxed she feels a bit extraordinarily sexy.

What I will never understand is, people making ridiculous comments about it being "pre-pubescent child like". When you have a grown woman with a body to die for, NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about that is child like. NOTHING!!! The other type of comment I find wildly ridiculous and laughable is when people somehow try to say its the fault of the "media" that people do this.

Some people are just getting upset because insults are being thrown both ways. One side says total removal looks prepubescent, the other side says natural growth is unhygienic and unsexy.

Personally, I'm more curious about people's methods, particularly maintenance between the big removal. Like what do you do when you're at the stubble stage? It's itchy and uncomfortable (at least for me), shaving is more difficult than when it's grown out and leads to serious irritation, and wax and creams don't work well on lengths that short. So what to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
14,131 posts, read 26,255,168 times
Reputation: 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Some people are just getting upset because insults are being thrown both ways. One side says total removal looks prepubescent, the other side says natural growth is unhygienic and unsexy.

Personally, I'm more curious about people's methods, particularly maintenance between the big removal. Like what do you do when you're at the stubble stage? It's itchy and uncomfortable (at least for me), shaving is more difficult than when it's grown out and leads to serious irritation, and wax and creams don't work well on lengths that short. So what to do?
I guess I don't understand why shaving that area would be any different than any other such as a guy's face. If I shave my face every day with a sharp razor, no problem. However, if I only shave once every three days, expecially with a dull one, I get all the same issues on my face that women complain about from shaving their bikini areas (rash, itching, etc.). Is perhaps the problem that women aren't shaving it frequently enough and/or are using a dull razor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Washington County, ME
1,549 posts, read 2,240,061 times
Reputation: 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I guess I don't understand why shaving that area would be any different than any other such as a guy's face. If I shave my face every day with a sharp razor, no problem. However, if I only shave once every three days, expecially with a dull one, I get all the same issues on my face that women complain about from shaving their bikini areas (rash, itching, etc.). Is perhaps the problem that women aren't shaving it frequently enough and/or are using a dull razor?
Well - truthfully then - NEITHER HAS to be done.

Dont shave your face either - grow a beard.

It's just that many women's cooches arent on display all day in public.

Itching comes when hair starts growing back... many women who DO shave, dont shave down there EVERY day.

I still say porn had a lot to do with it... did women think of bleaching their "areas" on their own?? I doubt it.

PS. i'm not "anti-porn," i'm just calling it as i see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Washington County, ME
1,549 posts, read 2,240,061 times
Reputation: 1858
Another way it's different than a man shaving his face is - it's usually kept away from the air 'down there;' it needs to breathe lol.

Underwear and/or clothing is rubbing against the area - causing ingrown hairs which can be VERY bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 06:53 AM
 
Location: North Shore Long Island
7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Reputation: 10544
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
But in between the Brazilians, or any type of waxing, don't you have to get fairly shaggy? I've gotten my legs waxed a few times and love how smooth they are immediately afterward, but you have to grow your hair out a bit ... beyond stubble. I'm assuming the same is true for bikini waxes.
I don't know about others, but for me my hair grows in slower and more sparse. It can take 3 weeks before I see any growth and it's not hair growth like when you shave (coarse). The hair grows in finer, so it doesn't itch, nor do I get in-grown hairs. (Others may experience itch, but I haven't which is why I've been doing it for 8+ years.) Once I start to see enough hair where it would show on the sides of my v-strings, I pay my aesthetician a visit.





As for the brazilian aspect, it just doesn't make sense to me to leave a patch of hair. She's there ripping it off, why not just have her take it all off?!? It just doesn't make sense to me to leave a 1" x 1" patch of hair to "remain womanly." LOL I shave my legs and armpits completely, why should my privates be any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,371 posts, read 17,491,906 times
Reputation: 18346
I can't see why anyone would get bent out of shape over this topic or start breaking out accusations of pedophilia in men who prefer shaved women.

Me personally, I prefer some degree of grooming down there. Makes oral sex so much more enjoyable...no wild hairs up my nose or down my throat. Smooth contact. She doesn't have to be shaved clean, but at the very least trim down the bush so I don't need a machete to get at it. Hair is okl, but her honey-biscuit shouldn't look like she's growing tomatoes down there.

For myself, I have been trimming and grooming down there long before it became the trendy thing to do. I just prefer it for reasons of hygiene and comfort. Since I don't walk around with my boogey-nights out on public display it shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2011, 03:11 PM
 
Location: The United States of Amnesia
1,362 posts, read 1,489,327 times
Reputation: 686
A trim or shaved pussycat is more pleasant when you go downtown (no random hair in the mouth or tongue mishaps).

As long as, the lady does not get a lot of bumps and skin rashes from the shaving then it's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2011, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC area
1 posts, read 1,985 times
Reputation: 10
I'm a 34-year-old man who began seeing an very attractive 30-year-old woman about a month ago. She's smart, funny, sexy, and curious. I enjoy her company and we have greatly enjoyed our sexual encounters together, but we have not made a long term commitment to each other as of yet.

Last night she asked me to watch an adult movie dvd with her that her brother had lent her. Porn isn't normally my thing though I've seen a couple of XXX dvds. But I said okay.

While we were watching she noticed that a lot of the women had no pubic hair whatsoever. She said that they'd either shaved it off or had "Brazilian Waxing". Later, she asked me if I'd like her to "be hairless". I asked her if she was asking because she thought it would please me, or if she was curious to try it, or if she had done it before, but she simply said to give her my answer this weekend.

I would like to hear from women in the 25-to-40-year-old range. I'd like to know if you have completely shaved your pubic region. Do you like being "hairless" or do you find it distasteful? Did you do it because your boyfriend asked you to do it? Does it make sex more enjoyable?

I don't need to know who you are. You don't have to add your picture. You can answer anonymously. But I like this woman a lot, and would be open to having a long-term relationship with
her. Is this a test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top