Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 03:30 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,998 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's slutty to wear shorts but it depends on how short it is. In China women wear very short shorts that almost reveal the butts and they match it with stilleto and I don't think it look so nice at all as it makes them look a little slutty and cheap.
There is nothing wrong wearing shorts as long as it doesn't reveal the butt and as long as you tone it down with the shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Why?? If she has the body for it then go for it.
Yes and 28 is not so old

Old 06-16-2013, 06:21 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Yes and 28 is not so old
Neither is 38. Its really all individual. If you have a good body that look good at high wasted short shorts than go for it. I am 36 and I would never wear it, not even when I was 18. I have a friend who is 5'6" - 105 pounds. She looks hot in anything she puts on.

I also see teenagers, everyday, wearing short shorts etc, and look absolutely ridiculous in it.

There comes an age when most of us know not to wear certain things even though we know we look good in it. At some point in our life, also an individual choice, we just FEEL too old for something. But that is a different story.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:12 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexuslover View Post
Hi everyone I was told that the way I dress is too slutty and inappropriate. I just have to say that I don't have kids and I am skinny so why can't I wear short shorts with a 2 inch inseam or high waisted shorts. I also like to wear skinny jeans with tank tops, but I usually wear flat sandals. I rarely ever wear heels. In the summer I like to wear maxi dresses and shorts with tank tops, but I don't think clothes like that is inappropriate. I only dress like this on the weekends and for work I wear a uniform.
You have the right to wear what you want in public as long as you are abiding by your city laws on nudity and decency. The topless issue in many cities is a fine line that scrutinized when the weather allows men and women to do that.

From the sounds of it, the way you dress on the weekends is more reactionary in behaviour I can understand wanting to get into comfortable clothes and out of the work uniform.

Do understand that a lady knows how to dress appropriately for the time and situation. Having class and taste means not going overboard or being overly provocative in showing skin.

A **** overemphasizes the body parts that don't necessarily need to be pushed in peoples faces regardless of their size. Showing more skin than fabric in sizes 3 or more times smaller than you should be wearing is slutty to me, whether it is intentional or not.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:29 PM

250 posts, read 503,046 times
If she has a pretty face, quite frankly I'm not too bothered what she wears, as long as it was presumed fashionable at some point in the past 300 or so years.

I've even seen young-looking late-20 somethings get away with the equivalent of this in London, though perhaps not as gaudy or suggestive.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 PM

149 posts, read 347,659 times
If that's how you dress on the weekends, I don't see anything wrong with that. From what you described it doesn't sound slutty to me.

I personally do not like extremely short shorts or lots of cleavage. I think it looks tacky...I don't care how good you look or how in shape you are.

Don't worry what other people think about you.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:09 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,625 times
I say wear what you want as well. Although 2 inch in-seam doesn't seem like much. I would say check the mirror, bend down, check how you sit, etc. Some people don't realize what they look like from behind when the squat or bend over. If your cheeks, vag, etc aren't showing, then you're good to go

Old 08-03-2013, 06:28 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,146,477 times
OP, pay attention to who made the comment. I hate the term, but some people who make those comments are "hatin" because they can't pull of outfits like that. Granted, without a pic, we can't tell if your shorts are really too short. The issue isn't how a person of a certain age or body type should dress. It's how to dress appropriately, given the circumstances. On paper, what you've described sounds fine.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:33 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,252 times
2-inch inseam seems awfully short to me. I would consider wearing your shorts longer, by several inches at least. Other than that, nothing you described sounds too awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty