U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:36 AM

7,816 posts, read 5,450,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X7810ANTARES View Post
I am a man who likes women with very big hands a lot. If you can, please contact me.

Bwahahaha!! You signed up just to post this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 AM

2,482 posts, read 2,610,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey_C View Post
I have extra large hands, or I should say long. They aren't man-like, but they are often as big or bigger than most men's hands. It makes me feel like an amazon even though I am only 5 foot 2 inches.

Are you guys turned off by a woman with big hands? Any other women with this problem? I like to keep my nails painted but I also don't want to bring attention to my hands.
This is a first one for me. I don't know if I would be turned off or not. I would have to be in a situation where I would interact with her like a handshake or something like that to really know.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,299 times
Im a guy with not very big hands. My girlfriend's hands are bigger than mine It took a little getting use to at first, but grew to love it I find it attractive and a turn-on She seems to love that my hands are smaller than hers as well We both love to compare hands a lot. She would say "Aww, you have cute little hands"

Old 12-12-2014, 07:52 AM

15,745 posts, read 11,757,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcat1985 View Post
Im a guy with not very big hands. My girlfriend's hands are bigger than mine It took a little getting use to at first, but grew to love it I find it attractive and a turn-on She seems to love that my hands are smaller than hers as well We both love to compare hands a lot. She would say "Aww, you have cute little hands"
I think that hands, feet and ears are the same kind of stuff when it comes to attractiveness - if they are a little bigger or smaller, you can talk about it, and you like it or not. But no deal breaker whatsoever.

I have never heard that a man/woman was rejected because of big/small hands/feet/ears.

I married a man with huge ears that stood away from his head. You could see the light through them.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:39 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,799,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I have never heard that a man/woman was rejected because of big/small hands/feet/ears.
It must happen in New York City because Seinfeld made an episode about unacceptably big hands on a woman.

The Bizarro Jerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSL4cmFW_GU

Old 12-15-2014, 08:01 PM

348 posts, read 241,917 times
Most women won't have bigger hands or feet than I do....even for the 6' 1" - 3" giants....

No worries, you're safe with me.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:52 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,937,176 times
My wife is almost 6' tall and of course has larger hands than the average woman. The hand and fingers are actually longer than mine and I'm nearly 6' 5". I can barely palm a basketball provided it's new leather and not wet or dusty. She can EASILY palm any basketball and wave it around like a baseball - helped her get a university scholarship as a basketball center. However, now that she's out of athletics she keeps her nails long and tapered and the skin smooth and beautiful. She has narrow palms and very long, very slender fingers with well-manicured nails. Not just me, but other men, have said they are one of her best features - not a problem at all at being so big. Big hands and long fingers are actually a plus for a woman as long as they are not thick and hairy. Women with short wide palms and stubby fingers are the ones that actually have a problem.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:25 AM

555 posts, read 571,649 times
Quote:
I have extra large hands, or I should say long. They aren't man-like, but they are often as big or bigger than most men's hands. It makes me feel like an amazon even though I am only 5 foot 2 inches.

Are you guys turned off by a woman with big hands? Any other women with this problem? I like to keep my nails painted but I also don't want to bring attention to my hands.
If they're long, you have what some would call "piano hands." Not a bad thing. From what I understand, men may not be too keen on women with masculine hands, but long hands are not necessarily masculine, especially if they are slender and fine.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:31 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,799,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydlee View Post
If they're long, you have what some would call "piano hands." Not a bad thing. From what I understand, men may not be too keen on women with masculine hands, but long hands are not necessarily masculine, especially if they are slender and fine.
Good point as long as they don't cross the line from slender & fine to bone-y & skeleton-like!

Old 12-18-2014, 06:24 PM

10,339 posts, read 7,599,795 times
Quote:
No. Size 6. I do have long arms, but I think that just might be because my hands are so long.
I also have long arms and relatively long fingers, and it's an advantage---you can reach things more easily!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty