U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 08:20 PM

13,388 posts, read 42,701,155 times

Advertisements

Long thin hands would be OK with me. Of all the physical attributes a woman can have or not have, hand size is not in my top 20...

I am OK with "man hands" on a woman, so long as it's not extreme.

A gal with really long nails and/or a lot of jewelry is a little bit off-putting to me, I'm thinking scratches/damage on car doors near the handle, firearms if she will shoot/wants to learn to shoot, also I am thinking she does not/can not do anything useful with hands like that...

DW has smallish hands, but with normal nails and only a couple rings beyond the wedding ring. But if her hands were longer I don't think I would have given that a thought.

Take a look at Maria's hands here. I guess it's a matter of taste, but I think they are quite attractive.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/digi...1015-gy1t.html

Last edited by M3 Mitch; 10-14-2009 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: add link.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 AM

532 posts, read 1,064,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey_C View Post
I have extra large hands, or I should say long. They aren't man-like, but they are often as big or bigger than most men's hands. It makes me feel like an amazon even though I am only 5 foot 2 inches.

Are you guys turned off by a woman with big hands? Any other women with this problem? I like to keep my nails painted but I also don't want to bring attention to my hands.
Women have hands?!?!?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 31,162 times
Default big/small

How about guy with very very very small hands like females with small hands even little bit smaller?

Old 10-24-2009, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 31,458 times
I am a man who likes women with very big hands a lot. If you can, please contact me.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:30 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,935,530 times
[quote=LinaJo76;11140519]I totally agree! We magnify our imperfections way too big in our minds. We see ourselves as ugly or "just not right" after we read those stupid magazines.

I say, love your big hands. Women with big hands can play basketball better, that's for sure. ]

You're right! I like to joke about my wife's beautiful (but large) hands that they're the $100,000 hands. She was a talented H.S. center but a bit on the short and slow side for college (5'11"). However she has very long arms and long fingers (about one knuckle longer than mine and I'm almost 6'5"). She can easily palm a basketball and work it around on fakes and passes like Dr. J. They were a big part of changing her life by getting her a full athletic scholarship to a very fine university in the NE and a four year degree.

By the way, you big-handed girls, I think her hands are BEAUTIFUL. Very long slender fingers that I encourage her to show off even more with long brightly painted nails. A HUGE turn-on to me. I've seen guys in restaurants just stare and stare at her hands like most guys stare at tatas! :-)

Old 10-24-2009, 11:34 PM

2,539 posts, read 8,563,766 times
I have huge palms and short fingers. When I was a kid (and even at times now when I don't realize it), I used to chew on my fingers on my right hand, which has left my pointer and middle finger swollen looking and covered with scar tissue. Also, I get eczema in between my fingers. Being extremely fair-skinned, it turns bright pink when it flares up. But you know what? I try not to let it bother me. My hands just aren't one of my better features.

However, my husband does like to call my right hand my "FrankenHand" which isn't appreciated.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 AM

1,129 posts, read 2,935,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
I have huge palms and short fingers. When I was a kid (and even at times now when I don't realize it), I used to chew on my fingers on my right hand, which has left my pointer and middle finger swollen looking and covered with scar tissue. Also, I get eczema in between my fingers. Being extremely fair-skinned, it turns bright pink when it flares up. But you know what? I try not to let it bother me. My hands just aren't one of my better features.

However, my husband does like to call my right hand my "FrankenHand" which isn't appreciated.
I think that I'm like most men that hands are sort of a secondary place to look for sexiness. If a woman has a lovely face, lovely personality that sparkles, etc who cares about the hands! Hands can be dressed up with nail care, polish, and ornamentation to be pretty darn sexy though.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:23 AM

1 posts, read 30,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by above average View Post
I think I top you all. I'm a female and my hands are 8 inches long. My feet are big too, 11.5. I'm 5'8' in height. Anyone out there with hands bigger than me? They're not manly looking so they just look long.

^^^FIRST off, THIS lady, if INDEED she's being Real, would be about 3/4 of the way Towards being my IDEAL dream match, and I don't even KNOW her

I'm glad I found this Topic, Because I would have to confess that the VAST majority of the women I'VE dated have had BIGGER hands AND/or Feet than MySelf. And THIS is no coincidence.

But first and foremost, TRUE beauty comes from within, and Yes, it is ALSO very much in the eye of the BeHolder.

But just like Everyone else, I have my personal preferences. I LUV Height in a woman; TALL, voluptuous and Curvy ladies. AND I have a Liking for women with big feet. But in Recent years I've discovered that there is NO weakness like the one I have for Women with BIG, long, thick, strong - but Feminine - Hands.

Jonathan

BTW - I'm just your Average Sized guy, 5'11 190lbs with a Size 11 shoe and my Hand size is Just a fraction over 7'.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,596,675 times
Lol its like showing yourself like that advertisement lady showing a new product launched in the market lol .. swaying hands ..fluttering expressive eyes crying out loud ..''look at me ..look at me'' .. turn around left and right ...with that wide smile exposing perfect set of pearl white teeth .. lol ..if u'd see me in the act u'd crack up pronto lolz .. seriously .. lolz .. talking of hands ..grown up men are too concerned about the size of their carrots here lol ..and so are women ..okay i see some hands go straight to the forhead now lolz smack that ! ..

Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM

5,945 posts, read 12,717,149 times
Angelina Jolie has very long, big, hands and she's always talked about as being one of the world's most beautiful women. If you look closely at her pictures... she is actually very boney and angular looking, her knees aren't very attractive physically and her legs are too thin... She has quite big feet and long toes. Her forehead is really big and she has strange veins that pop out of her neck and arms and hands and forehead... she also has thinning hair and long teeth. BUT I'm only saying all that to make a point: because those are only insignificant physical pieces to her whole true being. As a whole she radiates beauty. When she smiles, when she speaks of her love for her children and family, when she gives her speeches for the causes she cares about, etc. You don't notice or see any imperfection at all because all you see is this beautiful, compassionate, caring individual who works for a greater good for humanity - especially children. (OK... so maybe she's a homewrecker who - along with Brad Pitt - broke Jennifer Aniston's heart, too... we'll never know... but that's a whole 'nother thread! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty