Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:09 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Dannnnngggg! I thought some guys I know had big hands! But ya cant just walk up to them and ask them to let me measure their hands, that might seem a bit awkward, lol. I think generally a guy with big hands have big feet too, so if a person were into calculous, they could probably do the numbers and a size 13 or 14 foot would equal a 7 or 8 inch hand? Is that how it goes?
My hands are just slightly shorter than the posters and I wear size 10.5 for shoes. (mens)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 02:35 PM

523 posts, read 2,904,776 times
I am female and also have long fingers, not big hands. Everyone always compliments me on how long my fingers are and no guy has ever complained. As long as your hands aren't thick and calloused and hairy, I think you're ok.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:53 PM

13 posts, read 219,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Dannnnngggg! I thought some guys I know had big hands! But ya cant just walk up to them and ask them to let me measure their hands, that might seem a bit awkward, lol. I think generally a guy with big hands have big feet too, so if a person were into calculous, they could probably do the numbers and a size 13 or 14 foot would equal a 7 or 8 inch hand? Is that how it goes?
People don't come up to me and say anything. Although I worked as a cashier over the summer and I did have several people mention something about the size of my hands.

My feet aren't big actually so I don't think that would work.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
With hands like yours, do you play a musical instrument or are you artistic? With hands like those you could be a great pianist! If not, take some lessons. That way, if someone does comment on your hands, you can tell then that you are a musician. Don't hide your hands, use them!!

My boyfriend loves my hands because they are working hands and he finds them very expressive.
Unfortunately I don't really put them to good use, but I have heard countless times that I should learn to play the pianno. The only problem with that is I don't really have an ear for music.

One trick I can do with my hands is easily palm a basketball, I have been able to do this since I was 11. But I don't have the height, or coordination to play.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Do you have big feet too?
No. Size 6. I do have long arms, but I think that just might be because my hands are so long.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I am female and also have long fingers, not big hands. Everyone always compliments me on how long my fingers are and no guy has ever complained. As long as your hands aren't thick and calloused and hairy, I think you're ok.
I don't really get the compliments on the long fingers, I get the, "oh my god your hands are so big!" I actually had one girl (who I didn't really know) grab my hand and compare her middle finger to my pinky, my pinky was longer and she got a great big kick out of it. On top of that she was like 5'10" or so.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I agree! This post made me pull out the ruler because I have long fingers too - my hand is 7.25 inches. I've been told I have piano hands. Mine will never be mistaken for a man's - my ring size is 4 and my wrist is 5.25" around

be proud!!!
My ring size is a 6, even though my fingers do look quite skinny. My wrist is about 5" around.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
I thought this was a really cute post! And, wear that polish, girl! Show off those hands!

It also reminded me of one of my aunts who is less than 5' tall... size 0, but wears an 8-1/2 shoe... very large for her petite size!

She always handles it with humor. Her line is always, "I'd be really tall if I didn't have so much turned under!"
It's funny because my older sister is 5'1" (an inch shorter than me) and wears an 8 (two sized bigger than mine). Yet her entire hand almost fits in my palm

You are right, I should show off my hands. My hands do look much better with polish, I just think it also draws more attention to them.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:43 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey_C View Post
I have extra large hands, or I should say long. They aren't man-like, but they are often as big or bigger than most men's hands. It makes me feel like an amazon even though I am only 5 foot 2 inches.

Are you guys turned off by a woman with big hands? Any other women with this problem? I like to keep my nails painted but I also don't want to bring attention to my hands.
Did u happen to see that episode of Jerry Seinfeld (spelling?) where he was dating this woman with big hands? It was a total turn off -he said she had "man hands." It was very funny. Of course he stopped dating her. I have big hands for a woman. I don't think it is a turn off. At least I have not had anyone complain. However sometimes I am self-conscious about my hands. I think we all have things we would like to change about our bodies. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". One man's turn-off is another man's turn-on

Old 11-07-2007, 08:36 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Did u happen to see that episode of Jerry Seinfeld (spelling?) where he was dating this woman with big hands? It was a total turn off -he said she had "man hands." It was very funny.
Lmao.. that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this post too. I normally can't stand Seinfield though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty