Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 02:58 PM

861 posts, read 1,147,116 times

Advertisements

The older I get, the better looking the women get. Of course, my eyes are failing but that's beside the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 03:24 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
For women, I would say 26-32, due to confidence, etc. For men, 28-35ish. For me it's always been about confidence and a great sense of humor. You can be the prettiest person on the face of the planet, but if when you open up your mouth you're a moron...I'm out.
For the total package I agree looks/brain/maturity/etc..You might even drop the ages further too to like 25 or around there for women. Physical and just purely physical beauty I would put women at like 20-25 (this is the stage where most women look "young,fresh,etc..") or so and for men 25-30 (around 25 is when most men stop looking like boys, ie.have that baby face) or so, again it is also highly dependent on the actual person as has been stated.

The funny part from reading this whole thread is that us men take longer to "develop" than women lol, which I tend to agree.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:49 PM

2,272 posts, read 3,073,100 times
Both men and women are all raging hormones until around 23-24. They still have an immature look to them and don't really look "grown" until mid-late 20's.

I think women hit their prime between age 25 and 32 if they take care of themselves. The ones that take REALLY good care of themselves can maintain that peak longer, even into their late 30's or early 40's in exceptional cases (Cindy Crawford).

Men generally have a longer lasting peak and (again, assuming they take care of themselves) are in their prime usually from 25-37. Men who dress well and remain physically active can maintain that peak until as late as their lower 50's. Rob Lowe or George Clooney are prime examples.

If had to pick one best age for a man and woman?

Woman - 27
Man - 35

Old 06-14-2013, 05:29 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
However long it takes them to stop being critical and judgmental of others. It can be a very young age or never.

Beauty is what is inside. Some very beautiful looking people can be horrible human beings.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:44 PM

3 posts, read 9,654 times
"Beauty" depends on the person ... age is irrelevant.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 PM

368 posts, read 577,304 times
I know a few women that looked "ok" during their twenties, now in their forties they look stunning lol. Everyone ages differently, some get better looking while others lose their looks.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:16 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
Someone mentioned Cindy Crawford. She had plastic surgery,so she doesn't count.

as to the OP,I don't know why some are equating looks and youth.
You can be an ugly young person and an attractive 60 year old.
Men won't be chasing an ugly young woman

Old 06-14-2013, 11:54 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,459,649 times
25 - 35 for women , women lose their youthful look by the mid 40's it's really noticable

35 - 45 for men, men get more masculine & distinguished looking

ever notice in movies like James Bond 007 the women are always several years younger than James Bond, it just wouldnt look right if the lady was the same age or older than him

Old 06-15-2013, 12:08 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,697,759 times
Basic on pictures and after the age I was able to see her, my grandmother was prettiest at her 70--> She had most beautiful face I ever seen what comes to old people.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:35 AM

4,196 posts, read 4,448,063 times
TaoistDude and SantaFe400 got the major points. Adding some historical perspective.

In the pre GMO / Hormone laden food world of decades and centuries ago (and mind you, we're talking strictly 'physical visual' beauty - IMHO only 1/3 of the measure of a persons beauty) the range equation looked something like this:

Females : 2 to 12 years post puberty
Males: 7 to 20 years post puberty

This accounts for the varying growth and maturation rates amongst peoples and the overall harshness of life which aged people of both genders much quicker due to mandatory responsibility to survive. If you read history most 'average' women in that type of harsh environment aged rapidly. Only the few who could afford lives of leisure could maintain 'physical' beauty.

So, a century ago, using 14 and 16 years old for average onset of female and male puberty respectively, the peak age for physical 'beauty' would be about 21 female and 29 male respectively.

In today's current environment the peak range - if all the basic considerations toward living a healthy life, nutrition, exercise, regular physical activity, avoidance of destructive habits (cigarettes, drugs, alcohol etc...) and discounting cosmetic surgery enhancements:

Females: 5 -20 years post puberty
Males: 10 - 25 years post puberty

So using 13 and 15 yo ages for onset of female and male puberty the ages of peak 'physical' beauty would be approximately 26 for female and 33 for male. And when you think about it, it closely corresponds to peak ages of vigor, fitness, and performance of most (non performance enhanced drug) athletes.

Again, the aforementioned lifestyle as well as body type, and genetic considerations can slide the scale within the range.

Note since this is ONLY 'physical' beauty, and, as many others have noted, it in no way encompasses the fully weighted beauty scale to each respective viewers perceived scale of what is beautiful.

This is why some 'physically beautiful' people can be totally repulsive on the full weighted scale when taking aptitude and attitude into consideration (the other two aspects of beauty) and why someone average looking can be beautiful in later years. IMO

Paraphrasing an old saying, you get the face you deserve at age 50 (barring the influence of injury or cosmetic surgery - of course ).

The factor contributing to men in general aging better is the hormonal production pattern. In men hormonal production is a long descending tail, whereas, women's eventually just stops. Again, this is only a 1/3 of the influence on beauty overall based on the perception of the eye of the beholder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty