U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,260,273 times
Reputation: 3037

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Those women are completely delish....... I'm not kidding.

As far as bra sizes... couldn't tell you.... I'll whip one of them off and read out the size for ya.....

They are perfect! I rather look like that than Giselle Bundchen any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I think they are a C-cup.

No way. These have to be DD+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-17-2013, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,260,273 times
Reputation: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
36 is too big in the band for those ladies. More like 28-32 from likely GG-J cups.

Those are from Curvy Kate. And that brand picks real women ofr their models, and runs a vote for their customers. So technically these ladies are models by trade. Anyone over a D cup in any band can apply in the annual contest.

I agree with the 28-32 band
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,260,273 times
Reputation: 3037
They are barely plus sized. They are all probably size 6-10 and they are perfect

To put things in perspective, this Curvy Kate model is a 32H, so I would assume those 4 women must be smaller than an H and maybe even have 30 or 28 bands?


http://blog.curvykate.com/star-in-a-...lizzie-haines/

After seeing the thickness of the 32H model, I'm starting to believe I must be a 28 or 30 band. VS sizing is so confusing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times
Reputation: 26003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
They are barely plus sized. They are all probably size 6-10 and they are perfect

To put things in perspective, this Curvy Kate model is a 32H, so I would assume those 4 women must be smaller than an H and maybe even have 30 or 28 bands?


Star in a Bra top ten – Lizzie Haines | Curvy Kate Blog

After seeing the thickness of the 32H model, I'm starting to believe I must be a 28 or 30 band. VS sizing is so confusing!
I am sure you are.

For reference, my measurements are about 4 inches more than yours in every dimension. And I am a 34, occasional 32 in the band.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times
Reputation: 26003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
36 is too big in the band for those ladies. More like 28-32 from likely GG-J cups.

Those are from Curvy Kate. And that brand picks real women ofr their models, and runs a vote for their customers. So technically these ladies are models by trade. Anyone over a D cup in any band can apply in the annual contest.
Oops, I meant to say not models by trade.

Anyone can enter the contest. They are due for another one soon. I voted last time around! I bug the Nordstrom's peeps every few months to carry Curvy Kate bras, since they have one of the largest size ranges around for D+ women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,260,273 times
Reputation: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am sure you are.

For reference, my measurements are about 4 inches more than yours in every dimension. And I am a 34, occasional 32 in the band.
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting a proper fitting bra but I'm kind of putting it off because I don't want to part with upwards of $60 . I know I will eventually, but I'm putting it off for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Oops, I meant to say not models by trade.

Anyone can enter the contest. They are due for another one soon. I voted last time around! I bug the Nordstrom's peeps every few months to carry Curvy Kate bras, since they have one of the largest size ranges around for D+ women.

Nordi's or CurvyKate has the largest size range?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times
Reputation: 26003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting a proper fitting bra but I'm kind of putting it off because I don't want to part with upwards of $60 . I know I will eventually, but I'm putting it off for now.




Nordi's or CurvyKate has the largest size range?
Nordi's has a pretty good range for a mainstream place. They sell 30 bands in my area, and also stock D-G on a regular basis. But above H is pretty limited. Only a couple of styles in UK H. Or they do have a few brands (Chantelle and Wacoal) that run a little loose in the band and small in the cup, so for me, I would need like 2 cups past what they stop at.

I find for me the selection is a bit limited, but I am nearing the top for many brands. But they do have quite a lot for most people.

They do tend to have lots of Cleo and Freya, cheaper "full bust" brands aimed at younger women.

On the up note, you can go to the Rack too. Get sized at Nordies for reference and you can even order online too.

Curvy KAte sells bras from 28-44 in D-K. Amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 04:56 PM
 
261 posts, read 274,427 times
Reputation: 663
Finally...my people! These models represent me. I am not heavy but I have a big chest so I wear a 32 G/H. Not everyone with a big cup size is overweight. I have not found a bra yet that fits, is flattering, and doesn't dig into my shoulders and skin. It feels good to see other women like me, although younger, and to find bras that may actually work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times
Reputation: 26003
Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaCat View Post
Finally...my people! These models represent me. I am not heavy but I have a big chest so I wear a 32 G/H. Not everyone with a big cup size is overweight. I have not found a bra yet that fits, is flattering, and doesn't dig into my shoulders and skin. It feels good to see other women like me, although younger, and to find bras that may actually work.
Try that brand: Curvy Kate. Or Panache. Or Cleo. Or Freya. Or Fantasie.

Or check out this thread:
Full Bust Bra Options (D+ Cups)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Wicker Park, Chicago
4,791 posts, read 12,904,193 times
Reputation: 1933
To me those women are "thick." Maybe they wear Fantasie bras and panties, which are made for big busted women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top