U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-17-2013, 06:42 PM
 
14,790 posts, read 13,477,165 times
Reputation: 20478

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
These are four gorgeous plus sized models. They all probably have different bra sizes but what would you say is a ball park for their sizes?


I think they have perfect bodies!

the female form.
DD/ E size

lol @ the address for that website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-17-2013, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Reputation: 25975
I am going to clear up the confusion:
Laura-Ann Smith, 28HH Laura-Ann Smith our Model ~ Curvy Kate
Lauren Colfer, 30FF Our Models are Real Women ~ Curvy Kate
Laura Butler, 30GG Our Models are Real Women ~ Curvy Kate
Daisy Hill, 30G Our Models are Real Women ~ Curvy Kate

Not a C or D in sight.

And for those of you who are intrigued? This website has real women, with a variety of combos of cup and band: Welcome | Bra Band Project

I believe what we call "DD" is really an G.
28G Bra Search | Bra Band Project

And "D" can look a lot like "A"
28D Bra Search | Bra Band Project
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2013, 07:38 PM
 
667 posts, read 794,320 times
Reputation: 326
OMG, I drooled all over my keyboard!!

Yum-Yum!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2013, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,250,918 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am going to clear up the confusion:
Laura-Ann Smith, 28HH Laura-Ann Smith our Model ~ Curvy Kate
Lauren Colfer, 30FF Our Models are Real Women ~ Curvy Kate
Laura Butler, 30GG Our Models are Real Women ~ Curvy Kate
Daisy Hill, 30G Our Models are Real Women ~ Curvy Kate

Not a C or D in sight.

And for those of you who are intrigued? This website has real women, with a variety of combos of cup and band: Welcome | Bra Band Project

I believe what we call "DD" is really an G.
28G Bra Search | Bra Band Project

And "D" can look a lot like "A"
28D Bra Search | Bra Band Project

Wow, thanks! I couldn't rep you more. For some reason I assumed they were each a few sizes bigger than what you posted. A 30FF isn't really that big in my mind but they still look wonderful.

I love how they show NATURAL woman at these sizes because try googling 32DDD or 30F and all you will get is pictures of fake boobs and fake boobs just sit differently than naturals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 714,207 times
Reputation: 146
Default T

Their chest only looks right for their body. Thankfully not every woman is pear shaped. They're definitely hourglasses and larger sized woman size but not fat likely healthy bmi.

They look plus sized to me
They're rib cage aren't 32-28. I'm a 28 I'm 100 lbs 5ft 1. When I say plus I mean just thick. I'd say their mainstream size 36E. Their actually sizes being a 32I to a36K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2013, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Reputation: 25975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Wow, thanks! I couldn't rep you more. For some reason I assumed they were each a few sizes bigger than what you posted. A 30FF isn't really that big in my mind but they still look wonderful.

I love how they show NATURAL woman at these sizes because try googling 32DDD or 30F and all you will get is pictures of fake boobs and fake boobs just sit differently than naturals.
You are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Reputation: 25975
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Their chest only looks right for their body. Thankfully not every woman is pear shaped. They're definitely hourglasses and larger sized woman size but not fat likely healthy bmi.

They look plus sized to me
They're rib cage aren't 32-28. I'm a 28 I'm 100 lbs 5ft 1. When I say plus I mean just thick. I'd say their mainstream size 36E. Their actually sizes being a 32I to a36K
No they likely are. You are "top heavy" which leads to a larger rib cage. It is also possible to be pear like and have a 26 inch rib cage. Like her:
http://www.thinandcurvy.com/p/about-me.html

For example, I am lots larger than you and have a 33 inch ribcage. I am more narrow on top even though I am a larger size. It happens quite often. It is not that rare to wear a US14 and have a 32inch rib cage when properly measured if you tend towards a pear or hourglass shape.

Inverted triangles (with narrow hips) tend to have larger rib cages than their similar sized friends who are pear shaped. A pear shaped US size 2 likely has a 24 inch ribcage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 714,207 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No they likely are. You are "top heavy" which leads to a larger rib cage. It is also possible to be pear like and have a 26 inch rib cage. Like her:
Thin and Curvy: About Me

For example, I am lots larger than you and have a 33 inch ribcage. I am more narrow on top even though I am a larger size. It happens quite often. It is not that rare to wear a US14 and have a 32inch rib cage when properly measured if you tend towards a pear or hourglass shape.

Inverted triangles (with narrow hips) tend to have larger rib cages than their similar sized friends who are pear shaped. A pear shaped US size 2 likely has a 24 inch ribcage.
No my mom is actually the same size. My top heavynes is due to my shoulders. My heaviness also goes in my boobs. I have eight inch cups almost 9. My ribs are at the most 5 inches smaller than my hips (33 -32). It's my bust and shoulders that make me heavier. I heard rib cage sizes rely on waist size. I have a 24 in waist I'm not the whole works of what it means to be top heavy I guess.
My mom's 4'11" 93 lbs and a pear/rectangle body type. She's 28 as well.
My shoulders are 38 inches. This actually heavily affects bands size for me but my actually rib cage is small most people know on those sites that 28 is a small number.

Last edited by kitgirl11; 06-18-2013 at 11:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 714,207 times
Reputation: 146
Size 2 doesn't even have a 24 in waist lol it's about 25-26 here
Clothing Size Charts & Measurement Guide For Women, Men & Children - J.Crew

http://www.americanapparel.net/sizin...womens.dresses
Usually the rib cage is bigger than the stomach unless your stomachs not flat. Because the lower region will look bigger otherwise. Pears have flat stomachs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Reputation: 25975
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
No my mom is actually the same size. My too heavynes is due to my shoulders. My heaviness also goes in my boobs. I have eight inch cups almost 9. My ribs are at the most 5 inches smaller than my hips (33 -32). It's my bust and shoulders that make me heavier. I heard rib age sizes rely on waist size. I have a 24 in waist I'm not the whole works of what it means to be top heavy I guess.
My mom's 4'11" 93 lbs and a pear/rectangle body type. She's 28 as well.
My shoulders are 38 inches. This actually heavily affects bands size for me but my actually rib cage is small most people know on those sites that 28 is a small number.
Ribcage and waist can be roughly equivalent, but it also depends on the shape of your torso. Here is an example.
http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2011/...-and-bras.html

If you have the more hourglass torso shape your ribcage is likely bigger than your waist. Other shapes will have different ratios.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top