Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Indicate which of the following applies to you.
I do not have any piercings or tattoo's, including my ears. 60 44.78%
I just have my ears pierced. 40 29.85%
My ears are pierced and I have a tattoo/'s. 17 12.69%
I have body piercings and tattoo/'s as well. 17 12.69%
I have scarification. 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I figured it wasn't that painful. I've passed out during ultrasounds. Hard table/bed plus weight from baby on my spine, not enough blood flow to the brain. I've tried to warn the technicians and they always say: 'Just another minute. I'm almost done.' I don't make it that long. Everything goes white and then I'm out. Crap.
Yeah, I had a friend who recently passed out during a mammogram...the compression did something to alter blood flow. It was bad, because due to the passing out, she hit her head, got a concussion, had to have stitches to close the wound, and, to put icing on the cake, had to redo the mammogram, because it was inconclusive. Sucked.

There are definitely tattoos that are painful, though. Mine weren't, because of their size, the relatively short length of time it took to complete them, so minimal swelling before the artist was done, the locations, the depth of the work, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm the color of porcelain and have had blistering second-degree burns from exposure to tropical sun. Two small tattoos didn't TOUCH that kind of pain and sickness.
The sun has never done that kind of damage to me! I'm not pale but I'm not naturally tanned like my mother and one of my sons. My mother doesn't burn, she just gets darker. My hair bleaches white in the sun and I'll get a minor burn and then it browns. Makes for an odd combination. Brown skin and white hair.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:20 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,029,608 times
I don't need to prove how much pain I can endure.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:19 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
No tattoo or piercings here. A lot of young women have tattoo's though, and that's a turn off for me.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:59 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,111,972 times
While I respect everyone's right to do as they wish with their body, I personally feel tattoos are unattractive and trashy. A major turn-off in women for me. Especially if the tattoo consists of words or phrases in highly visible places, which I am seeing much more often now. Yuck.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
While I respect everyone's right to do as they wish with their body, I personally feel tattoos are unattractive and trashy. A major turn-off in women for me. Especially if the tattoo consists of words or phrases in highly visible places, which I am seeing much more often now. Yuck.
Fair enough, remember though that there are diverse reasons for having them.

For my part they're to detract the eye from the heavy scaring and well.. damage I suppose for want of a better word, that I have on large parts of my torso, upper arms and legs. I don't have tattoos on all of them, just the ones that used to scare children at the beach and the pool. The "Mummy, what happened to that man?" and "Urgh, look at him" and parents telling them off for staring got a bit wearing after a while so I 'altered' them.

My wife suggested it as it happens...

Last edited by Baldrick; 06-19-2013 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: "The fruit of my labours were no longer fruity..."

Old 06-19-2013, 07:38 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
The one and only tattoo USED TO BE on my index finger is extremely tiny. The laser removal of that tattoo is extremely painful. It requires a total four procedures and each procedure cost around $350.

The pain was like being repeatedly snapped by rubber bands, just 100 times more intense. They put numbing cream on my finger, it still hurts and the pain was close to unbearable. Basically, the tattoo is dissolved into smaller ink particles and absorbed by your own body after laser treatment.

Not all tattoo can be lasered off, so be careful. I am very happy that I am now tattoo free. In my most humble opinion, tattoo is quite trashy. (I am sorry if I offended anybody)

My brother has a memorial tattoo on his back while he was in the Marine. It is very tiny and extremely tastefully done by the legendary tattoo artist Jeremy Swan, Broken Art Tattoo in Los Angeles. If you understand the brotherhood mentality of all the military men, you will understand why they do it. Jeremy Swan avoids drunken fools coming in for ill-advised tattoos. He is both kind and humble and he interviewed you before putting tattoo on your body.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:16 AM

664 posts, read 1,036,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The one and only tattoo USED TO BE on my index finger is extremely tiny. The laser removal of that tattoo is extremely painful. It requires a total four procedures and each procedure cost around $350.

The pain was like being repeatedly snapped by rubber bands, just 100 times more intense. They put numbing cream on my finger, it still hurts and the pain was close to unbearable. Basically, the tattoo is dissolved into smaller ink particles and absorbed by your own body after laser treatment.

Not all tattoo can be lasered off, so be careful. I am very happy that I am now tattoo free. In my most humble opinion, tattoo is quite trashy. (I am sorry if I offended anybody)

My brother has a memorial tattoo on his back while he was in the Marine. It is very tiny and extremely tastefully done by the legendary tattoo artist Jeremy Swan, Broken Art Tattoo in Los Angeles. If you understand the brotherhood mentality of all the military men, you will understand why they do it. Jeremy Swan avoids drunken fools coming in for ill-advised tattoos. He is both kind and humble and he interviewed you before putting tattoo on your body.
We do in that case. It's not a "statement" or "art".

Someone died or it is of your Battalion/ Regiment, Brigade, Platoon number etc...

A little different then a pink panther and or a rose with bee on it.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 AM

664 posts, read 1,036,270 times
And I will also say thanks to one member for "MY NEW" permanent tattoo.

Thanks so much for that.

I really needed it.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
We do in that case. It's not a "statement" or "art".

Someone died or it is of your Battalion/ Regiment, Brigade, Platoon number etc...

A little different then a pink panther and or a rose with bee on it.
I know. It is truly sad..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty