U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-20-2013, 06:25 AM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,426 posts, read 35,696,560 times
Reputation: 38829

Advertisements

Wear a slip or get it lined.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkballs View Post
I don't know why they make clothes so sheer.
Because people like you buy them.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,152 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Reputation: 52008
Wear a slip.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Rural Central Texas
3,581 posts, read 9,000,834 times
Reputation: 5402
Yeah, a slip sounds like the solution.

I saw a woman in the airport last week wearing very sheer white linen pants with white granny panties with a heavily reinforced crotch panel. She was holding her toddlers hand and was forced to walk hunched almost in half. The only thing burned into my memory was the resemblance to a target in those three varying opaque shades of white on her. She would have been much better off wearing opaque nude pantyhose over what she was wearing.

Of course, a few years ago there was the other end of the spectrum. A woman walking in the park wearing semi-transparent tights and nothing underneath. The full moon at lunch time was not attractive, nor was the bristle brush poking through the front.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2013, 08:05 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,772 posts, read 11,580,774 times
Reputation: 6501
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Yeah, a slip sounds like the solution.

I saw a woman in the airport last week wearing very sheer white linen pants with white granny panties with a heavily reinforced crotch panel. She was holding her toddlers hand and was forced to walk hunched almost in half. The only thing burned into my memory was the resemblance to a target in those three varying opaque shades of white on her. She would have been much better off wearing opaque nude pantyhose over what she was wearing.

Of course, a few years ago there was the other end of the spectrum. A woman walking in the park wearing semi-transparent tights and nothing underneath. The full moon at lunch time was not attractive, nor was the bristle brush poking through the front.
You must've gotten a really close look to see pubes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 4,701,296 times
Reputation: 5358
Guy here.

The slip seems like the answer, but I've never worn one.

If you go without underwear, it should probably be on a date where you intend to surprise your partner

As a follow up, make sure you shave! A bristle brush poking through would make you look... hilarious.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 AM
 
35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
Reputation: 61840
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkballs View Post
Yeah I wore a black thong with the black maxi and was told you can see my underwear in the sunlight. I don't know why they make clothes so sheer. I mean I'm pretty sure other people are buying these clothes I guess they just wear it out and don't care I guess.

When you tried it on, if you tried it on you should have been able to tell how sheer it was then you could have left it at the store. Going without underwear is just gross outside of the fact that you could have a feminine issue start unexpectedly. Go to a good tailor and get them lined, wear a slip or donate them to the dress to the nearest landfill.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,461 posts, read 22,692,102 times
Reputation: 45123
I'm glad to see so many people suggesting wearing a slip. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only woman under 40 who wears one with almost every dress/skirt.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2013, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,152 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Reputation: 52008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm glad to see so many people suggesting wearing a slip. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only woman under 40 who wears one with almost every dress/skirt.
I was counseling one of the 20-somethings in my department today on this very issue. She was complaining because her dress was riding up. I told her that this is why God invented slips and Static Guard.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2013, 01:41 PM
 
1,955 posts, read 3,626,274 times
Reputation: 2755
What about some nude seemless underwear like these:

Commando Low-Rise Microfiber Thong, True Nude, Small/Medium, True Nude | Beauty.com

Hiphugger Panty - Fabulous by Victoria's Secret - Victoria's Secret

Strapless Body Shaper | Hide & Sleek® Strapless Full Slip
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2013, 03:10 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
Reputation: 25100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
When you tried it on, if you tried it on you should have been able to tell how sheer it was then you could have left it at the store. Going without underwear is just gross outside of the fact that you could have a feminine issue start unexpectedly. Go to a good tailor and get them lined, wear a slip or donate them to the dress to the nearest landfill.

You can't always tell how sheer something is in the dressing room. A lot of stores have very small, poorly lit dressing rooms. To tell if a dress is sheer, sometimes you need light coming from behind you, or some distance between you and the mirror.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top