U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:07 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,718,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkballs View Post
There's nothing wrong with wearing yoga pants out as long as you're fit and have a great body.
Yeah, but the ones who do usually aren't....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 06:07 AM

321 posts, read 501,461 times
Leggings are not pants. I don't care how skinny/fit you are, they still are NOT pants. They're mildly acceptable though if the top is a long top that covers your butt.

I hear girls go on and on about how comfy leggings are, and it's like, "You want comfort? Wear sweatpants!"

Old 06-21-2013, 06:59 AM

33 posts, read 32,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
maybe she couldn't be bothered to check her ass in the mirror before running out to buy a gallon of milk? Why are people so harsh on women?
I really fail to see how this subject is being harsh on women. It's a fashion choice that mostly women have adopted. The criticism is with the fashion choice, not the gender.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:53 AM

837 posts, read 2,496,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherwinsRamblings View Post
I really fail to see how this subject is being harsh on women. It's a fashion choice that mostly women have adopted. The criticism is with the fashion choice, not the gender.
Is her choice, why you care? Look to another side if you don't like it.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
We need to differentiate from thes items, as they are not in the same "class"

yoga pants: these are typically pretty thick and can be used as "pants" in a casual situation, with any type of top. If your pants are opaque, wear away. Just don't think you are dressing up when you are wearing the pants. [If people want to wear yoga pants, thats on them. There are no body shape or size requirements on clothing. If the appropriate things are covered, it is sufficient]

leggings: these are not pants, and are generally not very thick. You should cover your hips/butt when wearing them. They are a layering piece. They aren't meant for you to tuck stuff into, wear with crop tops etc. Again, these are for casual ocassions. [Again, anyone can wear leggings]

tights: these are not even remotely pants. You wear these underneath skirts, dresses, or pants as a layer or fashion statement. The items you are wearing them underneath should be an appropriate length on their own with or without tights. *I have seen people wearing sheer tights as pants with t-shirts. That is bizarro. [Anyone can wear tights, it helps to get them in the right size for comfort and a better look]

In general: sheer bottoms are not approrpriate without suffcient coverage. Whether it is in the form of a skirt, dress, or pants.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:16 AM

3,864 posts, read 7,067,244 times
I think they look stank. If you wear leggings, your butt should be covered. No one's butt crack should be visible out in public.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:16 AM

33 posts, read 32,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
As it's my choice to post my opinion about it. If you don't like it, you can follow your own advice and look somewhere else as well

Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 AM

2,890 posts, read 5,154,998 times
I don't see leggings and yoga pants as "fashion" accessory at all. They have their purpose and should be used for that purpose.

And did I say . . . only for that purpose.

You wouldn't wear your bowling shoes to the mall or your steel toed work boots to yoga.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM

1,463 posts, read 1,812,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
She never said she cared about the choice, she was stating the nature of the thread because another poster took it as meaning a slam on women. She was stating that it was not. She never said she had a problem with what women was wearing. Not sure where you got that.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:03 PM

459 posts, read 520,531 times
Default Relate to the post that said cellulite...

... was visible through the thin pants--I think they were leggings. I worked with a large lady who had this problem. Nothing was ever said to her about her dress, as far as I know. Also, pretty sure she could have afforded newer, nicer and more appropriate clothes for WORK -- she didn't just throw these on for a quick stop at a convenience store. The sight was disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty