U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 09:06 AM

219 posts, read 545,427 times

Advertisements

I find the growth and acceptance of yoga pants/leggings/tights so strange.

I remember back in like 07 there was this senior girl in my HS who was always very chic and European with her fashion. Every now and then she would wear a blue or white tunic with black leggings and a big belt thing. The bottom of the tunic just barely covered her butt and crotch area. And every time she wore it all the other girls were all like "OMG skank!" it's hilarious because she was so ahead of the curve and the way she wore was like a puritan compared to how girls wear them now.

5 years later the same girls calling her a ***** were parading around in college wearing nothing but tan tights, uggs, and a sweatshirt, every intimate crease of their bodies exposed to the viewing public.

I think yoga pants are fine in gym or.... well...yoga! but look out of place in public no matter what you wear with them. Granted there seems to be two types of yoga pants these days. Your '40 year old going to yoga class' ones, and your more current, 'let's make boys walk into lamp posts' yoga pants. The former are made of a thicker material and don't accentuate the butt as much.

Leggings and tights should only be worn under something or with a long shirt, etc. It's just disturbing otherwise. I say this as a straight male. I guess it's just a modesty thing for me. There was a time last winter in college where I honestly felt like I was somewhere I shouldn't be, like the girls changing room or something lol, because of all the girls in what I see as state of undress walking around. 0.o It's like the female equivalent to if a man went to work wearing a plaid shirt and underarmor compression shorts. "Don't mind me, I only wear it because it's comfy,okay?"

I wonder what it will be like this year, seems the craze is burning out.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 AM

3,241 posts, read 3,152,829 times
Im pretending the woman the OP described is Sofia Vergara, I'll type the rest of this message when my right hand is fre

Old 08-31-2013, 10:24 AM

324 posts, read 493,646 times
It's a trend, that's all. 10-20 years from now looking back at old pix, it will definitely date you. Same as big hear, leggings, neon colors etc.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty