U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 12:38 AM

6,319 posts, read 5,366,795 times

Advertisements

I'm desperate for a new lipstick but just seem to go back to the same ones.

I live in Australia and we don't get the same variety as you guys so it's hard to tell which one I should go for as I can now get (most of) it online.

What do you love both high range and drugstore? What's a "must have?" What shade suits most people? What shade suits fair rosy skin, black hair, green eyes?

What are you buying for this summer/winter?

Do you have a "range" of shades you always like to have on hand, like a neutral, a red, a tawny, etc? If so, what are they?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 03:44 AM

19 posts, read 19,153 times
I like to use lipstick of all shades, but light shades usually suit me like pink, beech glossy shades.which make your lips more beautiful.

I have many wide rande of lipsticks shades, but i usually used light shades.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:11 AM

6,319 posts, read 5,366,795 times
Any brand?

Drugstore or luxury?

Old 06-21-2013, 05:17 AM

2,385 posts, read 5,570,641 times
Light pink. I use Creme Cup by Mac.
I always wanted to wear reddish wine lipstick but I don't have full lips so red doesn't suit me much.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:08 AM

23,910 posts, read 31,137,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I'm desperate for a new lipstick but just seem to go back to the same ones.

I live in Australia and we don't get the same variety as you guys so it's hard to tell which one I should go for as I can now get (most of) it online.

What do you love both high range and drugstore? What's a "must have?" What shade suits most people? What shade suits fair rosy skin, black hair, green eyes?

What are you buying for this summer/winter?

Do you have a "range" of shades you always like to have on hand, like a neutral, a red, a tawny, etc? If so, what are they?

I'm a blonde, and I always, ALWAYS wind up preferring a pink. Reds are too stark, and bronzy browns just look gross on me. I would think that red would be good for someone with your coloring though. I won't buy pricey lipstick anymore. Sephora has some great choices in it's own brand, and NYX Rounds are a very highly rated lipstick as well, and you cannot beat the price. I have several NYX pinks - I love them.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM

11,432 posts, read 19,443,622 times
I'm very fair, cool toned with thin lips -- my favorite for some time is the Revlon Kissable balm stain -- in Desire. Which looks purple-y. Goes on a nice light pink.

I also love Revlon's Cherries in the Snow -- but I put it on very lightly -- it's too harsh if I put it on for real. Basically I use my finger to tint my lips with it.

I have a strong preference for very light colored pinks with a good touch of blue in them.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM

21,465 posts, read 22,706,474 times
I don't wear lipstick, but my every day favorite is Cover Girl's Natureluxe Gloss Balm in Clove. I also really like Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 PM

26,876 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I also really like Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.
Clinique's Black Honey color is awesome. They are not lying when they say it looks good on everyone. I was in a wedding once, and the bridesmaids ranged from your tone to mine. Including some olive toned women, Asian women as well (who have different undertones than the olive ladies), pale with freckles. A realy good variety of skin tones was represented in the bridal party. (6 women!).

A few were looking for a lipstick shade while we were doing pre-wedding shopping, and I mentioned that I was going to use my black honey, and it looks great on everyone. During the wedding, 4 of us used that almost lipstick, and it looked great and totally different on all of us.

Everyone was amazed! It is truly a lipstick shade for everyone.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:46 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,522,611 times
I like Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Stay lipstick. It really does last all day. I'm a blonde as well, but red suits me. Not a fire-engine red, but a darker, muted red.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:42 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Clinique's Black Honey color is awesome. They are not lying when they say it looks good on everyone. I was in a wedding once, and the bridesmaids ranged from your tone to mine. Including some olive toned women, Asian women as well (who have different undertones than the olive ladies), pale with freckles. A realy good variety of skin tones was represented in the bridal party. (6 women!).

A few were looking for a lipstick shade while we were doing pre-wedding shopping, and I mentioned that I was going to use my black honey, and it looks great on everyone. During the wedding, 4 of us used that almost lipstick, and it looked great and totally different on all of us.

Everyone was amazed! It is truly a lipstick shade for everyone.
I'm going to give it a try, seems I rarely find a shade that I really like and when I do, it's usually discontinued seems to fly off the shelves before I can repurchase. I have quite a collection of varying shades, just going to waste.

The color I've most worn, in the evening, has been a favorite, but lately, the more I see it on me, in pictures, my fanhood is fading. Maybe it has something to do with the season. I wear a much lighter shade in the daytime, but still, I'd like something more muted in the evening as well, just not as light as my daytime selections. It would help if the colors looked anything like what's featured on the color charts when you go to select. I'm probably going to have to go back to spending more to get better access to trying before buying. Considering all the money I've wasted on a good 20 or so shades that are going to never get any wear, I'm sure, I'll come out ahead if I pay up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty