U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 04:58 PM

10,328 posts, read 12,421,365 times

Advertisements

I do. I don't even dye out the grey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 PM

335 posts, read 561,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
How exactly does coloring hair make it stronger? I have never heard that before.
I should have used the word thicker instead of stronger.

How Hair Coloring Can Make Your Hair Look Thicker - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM

509 posts, read 622,832 times
My hair is about as far from virgin as it can get, lol

It's more of a... Strumpet, harlot, streetwalker, etc.

But yeah, it's been pretty much every color of the rainbow over the years. Currently in the purple range

Old 06-23-2013, 01:53 AM

2,683 posts, read 3,262,817 times
I guess I have virgin hair! I have NEVER colored my hair. Although in the 1980's I did get a few (bad) perms Hey, it was the 80s. Strangely, my hair has suddenly become naturally wavy in the last few years. I wouldn't need a perm now.

I have naturally golden blonde hair and luckily not a gray hair in sight so far. My skin is very pale -- I sunburn easily -- so blonde hair is the only thing that would work with my coloring. I would look terrible as a brunette.

My pretty hair is by far my best feature and I have never needed to color it. However, when the gray hairs arrive I guess I will have to break out the Lady Grecian Formula

I'm arrogant about my hair, and I used to deliberately swing my hair around and let it bounce on my shoulders as I walked to show off how pretty it was . I even did that at work Ah, youth.

Hey, if you've got it, flaunt it.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:17 AM

343 posts, read 312,847 times
I love my natural color but still think that lightening up with highlights make me look younger...I keep my hair long since 90s- so attached to them...lol

Old 06-23-2013, 05:48 AM

3,442 posts, read 5,432,647 times
Seems we all were getting perms in the 80's and early 90's.. When I stopped having them my hair got some of it's natural curl back that I hadn't seen since I was under 10. Funny how that happend but it is much easier to take care of now. No more perms for me. I think most of the time the beautician left the solution on way too long for my hair type. I did get a few good ones when I rememberd to tell them to not leave it on so long. It always seemed easier to manage after the first trim after the perm.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:20 AM

1,459 posts, read 2,120,814 times
If you are born blonde, or with beautiful coppery hair, or even a rich, multifaceted chestnut, it is much easier to stay a color virgin.

Plenty of mousy browns hair gals kind of need help. I'm one of them.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:15 PM

832 posts, read 1,313,383 times
Default Goin' grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
You don't have to be old to get grey hair. Unless you consider 20s old.
Teehee...I know that... My husband has very dark hair so it's easy to see his grey hairs. He's still in his 20s. Each year he has gotten a new grey hair at the front left corner of his head. I tell him he gets a new grey hair for each year we've been married, and he agrees with my theory.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM

9,209 posts, read 18,055,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I have naturally golden blonde hair and luckily not a gray hair in sight so far. My skin is very pale -- I sunburn easily -- so blonde hair is the only thing that would work with my coloring. I would look terrible as a brunette.
We could be related! All of the above is true for me (except the few grey/white hairs), and I'm also from NJ. Needless to say, I never liked the shore as much as everyone else did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or