Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 10:08 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
WTF, I can imagine Butler and Crowe, but Gyllenhaal and Gosling? Really?
Gyllenhaal and Gosling aren't all that memorable. The Gosling meme helped me remember his name, but I'm not any closer to remembering which is which.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 10:10 AM

803 posts, read 1,879,237 times
glittering prizes, how about a haircut like jake gylenhall in jarhead? that was a nice haircut. yum.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:12 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,585,209 times
You look fine, but with men I think attitude counts more than looks. Can't tell that from a picture.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Probably much better looking than me, which probably isn't much help.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:16 AM

13,650 posts, read 9,708,585 times
I'm going to dissent from most of the above comments by advocating against sporting a smile. I think that the OP looks fine without it; and further, a smile detracts from seriousness of purpose. It is inimical to the deeply serious business of finding a mate.

Please, ladies and gentlemen of City Data: please explain, what is this American obsession with smiling? Why does every clerk and secretary begin a greeting with a smile, and if none is returned, interpret the act as rude or arrogant?

In my view smiling is reserved for private jocularity, with one's buddies, or one's spouse. It's not the stuff of daily discourse, and certainly not for advertising oneself amongst strangers.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:19 AM

664 posts, read 1,036,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
glittering prizes, how about a haircut like jake gylenhall in jarhead? that was a nice haircut. yum.

Mark Knopfler - Cleaning My Gun - YouTube

Old 06-22-2013, 10:19 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I'm going to dissent from most of the above comments by advocating against sporting a smile. I think that the OP looks fine without it; and further, a smile detracts from seriousness of purpose. It is inimical to the deeply serious business of finding a mate.

Please, ladies and gentlemen of City Data: please explain, what is this American obsession with smiling? Why does every clerk and secretary begin a greeting with a smile, and if none is returned, interpret the act as rude or arrogant?

In my view smiling is reserved for private jocularity, with one's buddies, or one's spouse. It's not the stuff of daily discourse, and certainly not for advertising oneself amongst strangers.
Are you British?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:32 AM

803 posts, read 1,879,237 times
theres an old saying, "smile, and the world smiles with you"

while its true that not every picture needs to posses a smile, it sure does look nice.

i will now quote molly annie and pepper from Annie: lol

your clothes may be all grumbly,
they stand out a mile
but brother youre never fully dressed, without a smile.

who cares what youre wearing from main street to seville row?!
its what you wear from ear to ear..
and not from head to toe..
that maatterrs

i may be off on some words as im just going by memory but the point is clear, smiling is in and it always has been.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:12 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,057 times
Definitely a good looking guy. I cannot reconcile this with your many negative posts on dating. You should be dating good looking women without any problems. Just goes to show it is not just about looks.

Weird how all of the complainy posts type of guys are good looking yet they all complain they can't get any good looking girls to date them. Something doesn't add up.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:20 AM

217 posts, read 307,426 times
I just cut it a little bit shorter on the sides. My hair has thinned a little on the temples to make a V shape that would be highly visible if it was short. Same pattern that my dad has, so I'm hoping it's my "mature hairline" and not the beginning of total hair loss. Since my hair is kinda wavy (see pic 2), I'm thinking about growing it out like Roger Federer, who has similar hair though his has receded more than mine.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty