U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 02:28 PM

14,315 posts, read 12,573,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Somewhat covered isn't bad, either.

But OP, it's crucial to find a good stylist. That's not always easy to do.
I agree, in fact, I prefer it.....but I don't think the OP wants to go that far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 02:49 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,212,616 times
OP, you look like you're transfixed...almost hypnotized...by whatever it is you're looking at. Words like "intense" and "frosty" also come to mind.

If that's your primary facial expression when you're out socializing with women and people in general, then I suspect some of them may feel a bit uncomfortable around you.

A genuine smile and an overall softer, warmer expression could help a lot.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 PM

9,538 posts, read 19,409,941 times
I think you should go blonde for the summer.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:17 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,996,156 times
you're better than average looking. You should have no problems attracting a pretty girl, unless you're dumb as a rock or you have no personality. Focus on your career and the babes will follow..............that's free advice kid

Old 06-22-2013, 03:22 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times
I say shave it all off Army style.

You also look like western wear would fit you...cowboy hat,boots,and clothing.

To the people telling him to smile...are you all saying you smile 24/7 when walking down the strret or food shopping? I can't imagine.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:56 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,173,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
you're better than average looking. You should have no problems attracting a pretty girl, unless you're dumb as a rock or you have no personality. Focus on your career and the babes will follow..............that's free advice kid
I would like to add when you have the time workout as well. Good career with a good body you should kill man! Assuming you have social skills as well.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:19 PM

218 posts, read 235,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I would like to add when you have the time workout as well.
Trust me. I workout enough. I run ~60 miles per week.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:29 PM

14,510 posts, read 11,489,335 times
I think the OP needs a confidence boost to believe in himself more , his looks are fine..

Old 06-22-2013, 04:52 PM

10,328 posts, read 12,417,631 times
You look like Jay Mohr actually! A smile would be better. The Hair looks fine and suitable for your face. You look good and should have no trouble getting a date.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:43 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,492,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
Scale of 1-10. Tell me how I can improve. What would be a good hairstyle for me?

I am a totally heterosexual married man so don't get creeped out by this. You did ask, and you didn't specify that you wanted to hear from only men or women.

Only thing you need to do is smile and project more confidence. We're all beautiful / handsome / good-looking. Modern society saying that some are better-looking than others (for the purpose of profiting by billions of dollars from the people who "aren't so good looking" - namely, at least 99.9999% of us) doesn't change the reality that we're all good looking.

Take a picture of yourself where you are smiling and confident, looking like you're ready to take on the world. You can have the same haircut and be wearing the same clothing. You'll have plenty of girls who will want to meet you. (But understand that the same can be said of any man. I'm not Hollywood's idea of good-looking by any stretch of the imagination and yet I never had any trouble attracting women once I found my confidence.)

The best hairstyle for you is one that is comfortable and low maintenance. I see nothing wrong with your current hairstyle, especially if you like it. If you don't like it, experiment. I know I did. Eventually you'll find what you like. Just make sure it's low-maintenance... you'll be glad you did that, in the end.

Oh, and another thing - never put your best foot forward when taking pictures of yourself, if you're trying to attract ladies online using those pictures. Give 'em a normal picture of you in a normal situation. Then if they're attracted to you, you'll know that there will be no unpleasant surprises when they meet you in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty