U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 PM

26,925 posts, read 28,281,037 times

Advertisements

Everyone's legs are lighter than their arms. Happens to me as well. Mine are pale by comparison. My feet are darker as they get more sun.

Who cares! Wear what you want (assuming it is otherwise appropriate). It is a waste of time to be avoid wearing what is comfortable because someone doesn't like it.

P.S. I am like Jet, I have very little leg hair. I just shave the few stragglers on my shin when I remember. Arm hair? Shaving it? Seems weird to me. But I don't have any arm hair, so I wouldn't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM

1,579 posts, read 1,522,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
You made an excellent point - about pale being a new trend. .
Oh, I didn't know that. I've always enjoyed being pale; hopefully people don't think I'm following a new trend or something. That's not something I would care to be seen as, but oh well.

Anyway, I have never cared for wearing clothing which would expose my legs. I don't even like short sleeves and only wear them when it is too hot out (which is unfortunately practically all the time now here in the hot summer desert!). But even here in the desert I always wear clothes which covers my legs.

I've always had very hairy arms (and legs too). I used to shave my arms, but don't anymore. I might bleach them later perhaps, but haven't come to a decision on that yet.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:30 PM

9,404 posts, read 8,787,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Oh, I didn't know that. I've always enjoyed being pale; hopefully people don't think I'm following a new trend or something. That's not something I would care to be seen as, but oh well.

Anyway, I have never cared for wearing clothing which would expose my legs. I don't even like short sleeves and only wear them when it is too hot out (which is unfortunately practically all the time now here in the hot summer desert!). But even here in the desert I always wear clothes which covers my legs.

I've always had very hairy arms (and legs too). I used to shave my arms, but don't anymore. I might bleach them later perhaps, but haven't come to a decision on that yet.
I think that singer, Taylor Swift, has very pale skin and she never hesitates to wear shorts, and now that she's so popular, her followers have accepted pale skin. Also, gals have acted like wearing hose is a sin, so many who also have pale skin like us just go ahead and go around bare-legged and don't give it a thought.

It all seems silly to me that we should follow the crowd, but I'm like you because my skin is pale and my arms will tan but my legs stay white. Anymore I just go ahead and where what I want and if people don't like it, they can look the other way.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:29 PM

2,660 posts, read 2,132,903 times
I wonder if there are any men who aren't athletes (swimmers, cyclists) or models who shave their legs? I don't care that my legs are pale, but they're hairy and I don't think of shaving them. Even though the hairiness is one of the reasons I keep them hidden under long pants.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:55 PM

621 posts, read 797,873 times
Who here use razors to shave and who here uses wax or nair or some other type of hair removal products? I've always done razors when shaving.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:18 AM

5,949 posts, read 12,755,138 times
If you are healthy and lean or tone, it doesn't matter what color your skin is - you'll look beautiful.

Lately it seems like overweight or unhealthy looking people tend to fake tan more than toned/healthy/lean people - have you ever noticed that? I'm seeing it quite a bit where we live (college town). Thankfully I think the fake-n-bake fad is slowly dying out. People know that tans are not healthy, and sometimes are associated with negative connotations. (Immature behavior, placing vanity above value, out-of-whack priorities)...

Skin the color it is naturally is beautiful, healthy, protected... when you see someone with beautiful natural untanned skin and a healthy fit form you get the impression that this is someone who really takes care of themselves the right way. It's a positive image thing.

And just imagine all the money and time they save by not trying to color themselves a different color than what they really are...

Waxing or shaving I think is the easiest thing to do. I tried epilating... I couldn't stand the pain. Waxing or sugaring is way better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty