U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:38 PM

49 posts, read 33,767 times

Advertisements

I have always worn pants yes I have worn shorts but not so much so whenever my legs do show they are very pale and white not like my upper body which is a bit dark but not so much. How many of you ladies or guys have these type of legs and are happy about them or embarrassed about them? Do you like showing them off or keeping them hidden?

Same questions goes for the arms. Also how many of you shave your arm's hair and legs of course or how many of you keep them hairy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,892,348 times
If you feel like your legs are too pale, you could try a gradual sunless tanner, one of the lotions that has a little bit of sunless tanning stuff mixed in. You have to put it on for a few days before you can really tell a difference.

About hair, I usually shave my legs but leave my arms alone. If I were going to remove hair on my arms, I'd use Nair because it doesn't make the hair feel all bristly when it grows back like shaving does.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Eh, I'm translucent pale to the point where you can fairly easily see my veins and whatnot in my legs but I still wear shorts, skirts and dresses. I have no time or energy to worry about other people who think that I'm somehow an assault to their vision. When it's 90 degrees with 90% humidity, the last thing on my mind is what other people think of my pasty white legs.

I shave my legs here and there, but for some odd reason I only grow noticeable hair on the fronts of my shins. I've never shaved my thighs and the only time I've shaved my arms was when I had to get an IV inserted or when I was getting tattooed.

Don't let other people make you feel ashamed of your body and don't feel like you have to tan for those people.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:33 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,936,522 times
My legs are always lighter than my arms also. This is very common for light people who don't tan on purpose. At the beginning of the warm season I just use a lotion with some sheen to "take the edge off". My legs will get a little color or glow from being exposed regularly even if I never tan (I use sunblock almost everyday).

I shave my legs like most women, and I generally just have to do the front calf on a regular basis. Thigh hair doesn't show, but I shave for smoothness every now & then. I don't shave my arms; not hairy enough to warrant it.

Personally, I don't like shaved legs or arms on men. I know I've culturally brain-washed, but that's how it is.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:41 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,416,857 times
I'm white . It happens.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:33 PM

343 posts, read 312,847 times
I think light/pale skin is a new trend now... To diminish the differens between legs and upper body try sunless tan. I use Loreal. You need to exfoliate skin well before applying. Mix sunless tan with body lotion 50/50 in a separate conteiner- it will prevent streaks. Massage well into skin. It gives a pretty touch of color and glow. I apply the mix before going to bed after shower a couple of times a week. You will see the color next morning.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,186,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, I'm translucent pale to the point where you can fairly easily see my veins and whatnot in my legs but I still wear shorts, skirts and dresses. I have no time or energy to worry about other people who think that I'm somehow an assault to their vision. When it's 90 degrees with 90% humidity, the last thing on my mind is what other people think of my pasty white legs.

I shave my legs here and there, but for some odd reason I only grow noticeable hair on the fronts of my shins. I've never shaved my thighs and the only time I've shaved my arms was when I had to get an IV inserted or when I was getting tattooed.

Don't let other people make you feel ashamed of your body and don't feel like you have to tan for those people.
I have pale skin as well but still wear shorts and capri's, skirts on occasion. I agree with Jet, if you don't like it don't look at it! I'm not going out to purposely get a tan to appease anyone

Old 06-28-2013, 05:10 AM

8,544 posts, read 11,876,258 times
Fake tanning is a bad move. Always.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 AM

1,464 posts, read 2,630,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygals View Post
I have always worn pants yes I have worn shorts but not so much so whenever my legs do show they are very pale and white not like my upper body which is a bit dark but not so much. How many of you ladies or guys have these type of legs and are happy about them or embarrassed about them? Do you like showing them off or keeping them hidden?
Same questions goes for the arms. Also how many of you shave your arm's hair and legs of course or how many of you keep them hairy?
Don't know how "old" or "young" you are but all of the above won't matter quite so much as you get older. I do wear shorts from time to time so my legs get fairly tan in the summer. I sit outside on our deck with a book and expose my legs to some sun..not alot. We also have a pool so that ends the whole being worried about being pale to some extent. Too much sun is never good. I am 65 and back in 1988 I had skin cancer so I am more than careful of the sun; for sure.
NOW...unless y'all work out non-stop until you are well into your 70's gravity takes over and your arms can grow "luggage"...mine more like backpacks as I have lost about 80 plus lbs. I am just happy to not be over 300 lbs any longer and still working on losing more.
The GOOD NEWS is.....as a woman ages the need to de-hair herself dwindles. I use to have to shave weekly..arm pit hair (ick) and leg hair both included. Now it is probably every 3 weeks and I am lovin' the break from it all. Maybe by the time I am 80, there will be no need to shave at all; might not remember I have to!!

Old 06-28-2013, 05:55 AM

9,343 posts, read 8,738,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
I think light/pale skin is a new trend now...
You made an excellent point - about pale being a new trend. It always amazes me how people will want to follow the latest trend instead of just being, or doing, their own thing. I have wondered how these 'trends' get started in the first place, and the only conclusion I can some too is that some celebrity starts one and then the media jumps on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty