U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 09:41 AM

173 posts, read 156,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
These look like knee high or even over the knee boots.

I'm presuming you're not a leg man, because while they don't flatter everyone, on the right people, I'm certain you wouldn't be opposed... .

As an aside, I personally don't care for the fashions in the article, besides the leggings. I'll admit I don't wear them as often these days; yet whenever I did, I paired them with a long tunic. I think the real problem with leggings is when they're worn as pants (which they aren't), as opposed as a coverup for tunics and shorter dresses (on flattering figures of course).
I am a leg man...and butts. It looks strange to a guy who always keeps his boots under his jeans. It's like metros wanting to get into the "country scene" and wear their cowboy boots with their pants tucked in.

I'd rather see their legs then cover them up. From what I hear those types of boots are very very expensive. They would look better in a pair of Justin's or Tony Lama's IMO.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,758,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
lol agreed

They have sequins now!

ugg boots - Google Search
Which are cute on 10 year old girls, but not women. (Saw some at my daughter's elementary school)

Old 06-30-2013, 12:33 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
I wear what I want regardless of what men will be attracted to. My body doesn't exist for their viewing pleasure and it really doesn't bother me if they can't see my legs, butt or boobs well enough.

That said, gladiator sandals are cute but I have an arch and can't really wear super flat shoes like that, otherwise they're pretty cute. I do wear Uggs when it's cold or just around the house. My feet get cold sometimes and I like to have some sort of tread when I'm walking around on the hardwood floors. During the summer I wear flip flops instead.

Harem pants are cute if you're suuuuuper thin, same with jumpsuits and overalls (dungarees?).

And I'm very very happily buying a tuxedo because I'm going to be the 'best man' in my best friends wedding next spring, so poo on them hating tuxedos

Old 06-30-2013, 01:10 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I love gladiators, but not the rest. I like stuff that has kind of an ancient culture of foreign culture feel to it, and that seems popular right now (but I've always liked it; been wearing these egyptian cuff bracelets my aunt gave me for years).

I wear what I like, not what men like. A lot of men don't get fashion because of a narrow sense of aesthetics. I can't be restricted by lack of imagination & dull tastes.

Ugg boots have been out for years (never liked them), so I don't get why people still talk about it. Do people really still wear them?
I've always had a liking for some of the gladiator sandles too.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:33 PM

2,207 posts, read 3,014,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
I am a leg man...and butts. It looks strange to a guy who always keeps his boots under his jeans. It's like metros wanting to get into the "country scene" and wear their cowboy boots with their pants tucked in.

I'd rather see their legs then cover them up. From what I hear those types of boots are very very expensive. They would look better in a pair of Justin's or Tony Lama's IMO.

I get what you mean, but their purpose is meant for places where skinny jeans and leggings are more common, since regular boots or booties work better with bootcut or flare jeans. In fact, they're far from country when paired with leggings and a tunic sweater, or tights with a short dress.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 AM

8 posts, read 11,162 times
Nice article... Well, even I also don't like these especially ugg boots... but I think dungarees look nice...:P

Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaprin90 View Post
Nice article... Well, even I also don't like these especially ugg boots... but I think dungarees look nice...:P
Do people really still use that term, I'm trying to remember when it first left my vocabulary. I still have some long ago terms I hold on to, but that one, (fondly,) takes me way back. I remember being measured for my first pair when I was in jr hs.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 AM

10,543 posts, read 4,678,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have to agree with the guys, I can NEVER understand why on earth a lot of women wear the following stuff.

1. ugg boots They should be named UGLY boots. OMG, they are horrible!

http://www.leadingshoes.com/jbwpictu...%20Boots/3.jpg

2. HAREM PANTS

http://songsofsirens.files.wordpress...arem-pants.jpg

3. GLADIATOR SANDALS

What the hell are these? LOL

http://apairandasparediy.com/wp-cont...DALS-101-1.jpg

4. DUNGAREES

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_tcOZBAIv7..._dungarees.jpg

Now, enjoy the article

Ugg! The items of clothing that women think are fashionable but men hate | Mail Online

I had to look at all these links because I didn't know what any of them were.
I've never worn any of them (and don't care for how they look).
Except for when I was a kid & was *forced* to wear overalls (what you call dungarees here)-
but that ceased as soon as I was allowed to make my own sartorial choices (5th grade).

Old 07-01-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I had to look at all these links because I didn't know what any of them were.
I've never worn any of them (and don't care for how they look).
Except for when I was a kid & was *forced* to wear overalls (what you call dungarees here)-
but that ceased as soon as I was allowed to make my own sartorial choices (5th grade).
Oh wait, dungarees, was what I thought were like lee or levi regular jeans. We called those kind of in the pictures denim jumpers and I had one or two in my youth, wore them with deck type shoes like keds.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:38 AM

10,543 posts, read 4,678,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Oh wait, dungarees, was what I thought were like lee or levi regular jeans. We called those kind of in the pictures denim jumpers and I had one or two in my youth, wore them with deck type shoes like keds.
Yes, the word dungarees made me think denim pants/jeans,
but when I clicked on the link it was to overalls (at least that's what we call them here).
Are they called jumpers elsewhere ?
I hear UK tv shows refer to jumpers, but was unsure what was meant by that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty