U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:08 AM

41,034 posts, read 32,728,581 times

Advertisements

I think the guy who wrote the article must be pretty young. The older one gets, character and self confidence becomes more important than looking like, or expecting your girlfriend to look like, a Victoria's Secret model.

I am tall and for most of my life, I've been between 10 and 20 pounds overweight. I was a sturdy, muscular kid and I'm a sturdy, muscular woman. I've never been thin a day in my life. I am lucky to be tall and well proportioned however.

When I was single (in my twenties and then after a divorce, in my forties) I also never had any problem attracting the attention of the opposite sex. Though my figure has never been what I'd consider perfect, and certainly never THIN, I am a self confident woman, and I've always enjoyed the positive attention of intelligent, professional, and frankly HANDSOME, men (as well as a few nut cases but that's another story!).

And I can't even begin to tell you how many of those men have told me over the course of time that they enjoy the softness and curviness of a woman who ISN'T "thin."

To each his own, but to my sisters out there who aren't scrawny or who are obsessing about trying to fit into those size 2 pants, I say "Quit stressing about it - stress is much more unattractive than a few extra pounds of curve!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM

22,770 posts, read 25,206,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I like point #4, obsessing about weight is more unattractive than being a little overweight. Or in other words, a confident mildly overweight (or plain) woman is more attractive than a thin (or glamorous) insecure woman.
#4 was the only comment that seemed incorrect to me.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:22 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,589,274 times
I love how he thinks he speaks for all men and not just himself.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 PM

2,803 posts, read 2,517,879 times
I'll speak for all men and say universally, that visually, most men do not care about a women's weight, but rather her comportment, deportment, displacement, suspension and handling. Note: that's only for physical aspects

Except for the Finnish!

Aptitude and Attitude will definitely mean the most 'in the long run', but then, there are some men who only like women for the short 'around the world' trip. So, it is imperative for the women to be wise and discerning to filter the field of potential 'drivers'.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:10 AM

88 posts, read 112,009 times
Yes but i think most of the men looks for slim one more than any other, that's my thinking.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:47 AM

1,100 posts, read 2,587,329 times
Some men love thick women, BBW, super sized BBW, athletic, thin, super thin, etc. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 PM

17,167 posts, read 22,195,062 times
like a good steak, a little marbling is a good thing

i never liked the greyhound thin-looking women ,,,they look sick,,and flies follow them,,, i always have the urge to tell them to eat a cheeseburger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty