U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:09 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,680,972 times

Advertisements

Flip-flops. No excuses. I live in one of the hottest places in the country and I NEVER wear flip-flops except to the pool. I do not want to see your nasty, scaly, fungus-ridden, calloused feet! Ever!
Jorts
Saggy pants - cannot be mentioned enough times - this horrific trend should have died in the 90s! Stop it!
Affliction, Tapout, Ed Hardy, etc. The only purpose this stuff serves is that it allows you to spot a douchebag from afar, so you can steer clear.
Neck tattoos and tribal armband tattoos, yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM

557 posts, read 1,171,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Flip-flops. No excuses. I live in one of the hottest places in the country and I NEVER wear flip-flops except to the pool. I do not want to see your nasty, scaly, fungus-ridden, calloused feet! Ever!
Jorts
Saggy pants - cannot be mentioned enough times - this horrific trend should have died in the 90s! Stop it!
Affliction, Tapout, Ed Hardy, etc. The only purpose this stuff serves is that it allows you to spot a douchebag from afar, so you can steer clear.
Jean shorts? I can't stand those either. I agree with neck tattoos too, especially when they're on the front of the neck.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:11 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,967,370 times
Flat bill Baseball Caps
Baseball caps to the side
When pants are worn low/saggy so you can purposely see underwear
Crocs

Old 07-16-2013, 02:13 PM

805 posts, read 1,261,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Jorts
100% agree. Thanks for posting so I did not have to!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:48 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,444,169 times
A lot of people have already mentioned most of these, but this is my two cents:
- Flip flops on unkempt feet
- Saggy pants that are 4 sizes too big (or any baggy, super loose clothes for that matter!)
- Dress shoes that are super elongated--makes you look like Santa's elf
- Wife beater tank tops
- Baseball caps with the tag still on it (or in any position other than bill pointing ahead/front)
- Zubaz pants (hideous beyond hideous)
- Crass slogans on t-shirts
- Name brands spread across the garment in a font as big as the article of clothing
- Sports jerseys (when you're not playing the actual sport it represents)
- The shaved head & goat-tee look (it was cool at first, but it's just downright boring now)
- Highly visible tattoos in excess (especially the razor wire motif on your upper arm)
- Long or dirty fingernails (heaven forbid a long pinky nail---makes me want to vomit!)
- Nascar t-shirts and jackets (actually, Nascar anything!)
- White socks with any shoe other than tennis shoes
- Mutton chop sideburns

Oh, there are probably more, but this covers most of what first came to mind!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:51 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
A lot of people have already mentioned most of these, but this is my two cents:
- Flip flops on unkempt feet
- Saggy pants that are 4 sizes too big (or any baggy, super loose clothes for that matter!)
- Dress shoes that are super elongated--makes you look like Santa's elf
- Wife beater tank tops
- Baseball caps with the tag still on it (or in any position other than bill pointing ahead/front)
- Zubaz pants (hideous beyond hideous)
- Crass slogans on t-shirts
- Name brands spread across the garment in a font as big as the article of clothing
- Sports jerseys (when you're not playing the actual sport it represents)
- The shaved head & goat-tee look (it was cool at first, but it's just downright boring now)
- Highly visible tattoos in excess (especially the razor wire motif on your upper arm)
- Long or dirty fingernails (heaven forbid a long pinky nail---makes me want to vomit!)
- Nascar t-shirts and jackets (actually, Nascar anything!)
- White socks with any shoe other than tennis shoes
- Mutton chop sideburns

Oh, there are probably more, but this covers most of what first came to mind!
My Dad, brother and I have matching neon Zubaz pants...not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, but I do know it irritates my Mother quite a bit

Old 07-16-2013, 03:32 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,680,972 times
Oh, one more thing I want to add. Bushy "Grizzly Adams" beards (think Zach Galifianakis or Joaquin Phoenix). I guess some women like them, but they're a total turnoff to me. Tom Hardy's been wearing one recently and it makes me sad because there's actually a beautiful face hiding underneath that scrub.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:34 PM

74 posts, read 95,275 times
My husband gets pedicures every 3 weeks and wears flip flops with his shorts on his only day off.....Sunday! I see nothing wrong with it and see lots of men in our area wearing them. To each his own though......
Jerseys to me only look ridiculous if it is off season for that sport. Come to Louisiana on a Sunday during football season, you will see them EVERYWHERE! Men, women, and children of all ages sport there jersey's on football Sunday. I suppose different regions have different feelings on styles.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:44 PM

894 posts, read 2,818,596 times
Default Socks and flip flops!!

Disgusting!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 11:54 PM

14,509 posts, read 11,489,335 times
any men in any sandals.. revolting.

ski type jumpers with zig zags

baggy bum trousers or joggers

dirty trainers

too much jewellery

open neck shirts with a gold chain showing

Jazzy summer shirts or shorts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty