U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 12:36 AM

4,754 posts, read 4,092,415 times

Advertisements

Ok, this isn't really something men wear, but can someone explain the trend of super short military-type haircuts I'm seeing on men all the time? Why is this a thing now????(assuming you are not in the military)

I should add that I don't like that look, or the shaving your head look unless you are actually mostly bald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 01:31 AM

5,945 posts, read 12,721,568 times
Neon colors and socks pulled up all the way to their knees is something I'm seeing around town where we live (College town, west coast)... so weird.

Also - this combination of like winter and summer wear... I mean... are you hot? are you cold? They will wear flip flops, basketball shorts, and a thick winter hoodie sweater. ??

Facial hair. I think it's gross. It's a huge deal and very trendy right now... I can't wait until they get bored with the beard and 'stache and what my hubby calls a "nutbrush" move on.

One thing I cannot stand seeing on guys/men are long toe or fingernails. Especially if they are dirty. *shivvers*. Keep them trimmed and keep them clean. Please. For the love of dog.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,140,957 times
I'm amazed how many people are so grossed out by sandals? I wear flip flops plenty in the summer. I have great feet and great toenails though as I've been told by many so that wouldn't be an issue.

As for clothes, jeans get hard sometimes. I work out a ton and finding jeans that AREN'T like skinny jeans around my quads is hard. I was at The Buckle looking for jeans last weekend and had to go up a waist size just to get my quads to fit in their "relaxed" jeans. They were still tight and would probably be too tight after a wash.

Because of that, I wear shorts most the time unless it's night time or going somewhere nice. Most jeans are just too uncomfortable.

This is all just crazy how much everyone is against shorts and flip flops, especially in this Texas summer heat.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,543,449 times
skinny jeans
baggy pants sagging so low your whole butt is hanging out

Old 07-17-2013, 01:21 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I'm amazed how many people are so grossed out by sandals? I wear flip flops plenty in the summer. I have great feet and great toenails though as I've been told by many so that wouldn't be an issue.

As for clothes, jeans get hard sometimes. I work out a ton and finding jeans that AREN'T like skinny jeans around my quads is hard. I was at The Buckle looking for jeans last weekend and had to go up a waist size just to get my quads to fit in their "relaxed" jeans. They were still tight and would probably be too tight after a wash.

Because of that, I wear shorts most the time unless it's night time or going somewhere nice. Most jeans are just too uncomfortable.

This is all just crazy how much everyone is against shorts and flip flops, especially in this Texas summer heat.
Totally agree...I grew up in CA and most of the people I knew wore flip flops year round regardless of weather. I think I had more pairs of flip flops and sandals than 'regular' shoes.... and now that I'm in Boston I STILL wear mine all the time. I think shorts and flip flops is a fine look for guys, as long as their toenails aren't gross and yellow...

Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 PM

74 posts, read 95,275 times
Agree! I see more women with disgusting feet wearing flip flops and sandals than men. If your feet are kept up there is no reason not to have the option of summer shoes. Some people are just silly.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:17 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,140,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Totally agree...I grew up in CA and most of the people I knew wore flip flops year round regardless of weather. I think I had more pairs of flip flops and sandals than 'regular' shoes.... and now that I'm in Boston I STILL wear mine all the time. I think shorts and flip flops is a fine look for guys, as long as their toenails aren't gross and yellow...
My mom grew up in CA and moved to Iowa when she was around 16. My parents and sis still live in Iowa and I grew up there.

Needless to say, she wears flip flops typically until there's snow on the ground. Must be a Californian thing

Old 07-17-2013, 03:19 PM

484 posts, read 588,410 times
Camouflage.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:48 PM

206 posts, read 604,187 times
Via my incredibly candid ex-girlfriend that had no problems helping out a guy who had no sense of style when it came to fashion:

-Outside of the gym, if you are buff and wearing tight clothing it doesn't make you look sexy, it just makes you look like an attention seeking douche- no matter how nice or expensive the clothing

-Only rednecks, white trash, hunters, and military belong in camo post 2005

-There's a difference between sandals and flip flops and an appropriate place for both

-If you are over 25 or not at a sporting event, a woman will usually make the assumption you are wearing that hat around because you are bald under there

-Fashion is age specific. The style for a 20-something college student is not the style for a 30-something professional

Old 07-18-2013, 09:01 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,656,439 times
LOL at this thread! I can't believe how many people are grossed out by feet!....especially MEN'S feet! Until this thread came to be, I hadn't even thought about people's feet, because I truly do not notice them unless they actually get put in my face.

I see people's FACES. I might notice how they're dressed and I might even notice what they're wearing on their feet, but I NEVER look long enough or close enough to even see what their feet look like. I swear to God, I can't imagine doing something like that...obsessing over other people's feet...judging them and thinking that they should cover them up, because I don't like looking at them. To me.....that's beyond weird. Sorry if that offends some of you, but OMG.

Focus on a person's eyes, smile at them and watch how their faces light up and their disposition changes, right before your own eyes. Watch how repeating this behavior, all throughout your day, can turn your world into a beautiful place.....one where you don't even NOTICE feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty