U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:26 PM

692 posts, read 788,340 times

Advertisements

Those beanie smurf style knit hats when it's not cold and you're not bald. I don't hate them per se, I just don't get the trend at all when it's above 60 degrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 05:46 PM

65 posts, read 95,278 times
Question for you ladies who hate seeing guys in flip flops. What is your age range? Are you in a super upscale town or neighborhood? Most of the women that I've talked to (in their 20s and 30s) that I've had this discussion with says that flip flops are the best match for shorts...and I don't live in a super warm area. In fact it seems like every girlfriend I've had said flip flops and sandals are the way to go and sneakers are only good for hiking, gym, etc. Now I'm confused.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:56 PM

72,633 posts, read 64,111,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Ok, this isn't really something men wear, but can someone explain the trend of super short military-type haircuts I'm seeing on men all the time? Why is this a thing now????(assuming you are not in the military)

I should add that I don't like that look, or the shaving your head look unless you are actually mostly bald.
I must admit, this is one of my pet peeves. I call it the Russian Mafia look. Do guys actually think women like this look? Women like hair they can run their fingers through, not non-hair. How did it become trendy to look like a skin-head member of the Aryan Nation?

The other thing I can't get my mind around is 40+ guys who wear hipster clothes and skateboard clothes. I have no comprehension of that. They look ridiculous.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 AM

24,469 posts, read 28,723,874 times
high-water pants and shoes without socks. who came up with this stupid looking trend and why do people follow trends like this no matter how unflattering and ridiculous they are?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:44 AM

24,469 posts, read 28,723,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I generally hate:

polo shirts - unless you're golfing or 80, NO
shorts so long they might as well be pants
shorts so short you look like you're a gay 80s aerobics instructor
white socks worn up to the knee with shorts (are you a baseball player?)
any of that Tommy Bahama stuff (unless you're retiring to the tropics)
boring colors - there are colors outside of neutrals
Men over the age of 25 or so still wearing skater & surfer clothes or hoodie jackets for casual unless they are partaking in a skating, surfing or athletic kind of activity
athletic wear worn as casual wear - put on some real clothing!
t-shirts with logos and/or dumb sayings
Ed Hardy stuff & anything similar to it - ugly, tacky graphic tees, basically
True Religion jeans with their hideous pockets
those "outdoorsy" looking kind of boots (don't know if there's a name for them), often with a really chunky sole
cargo shorts or anything camo print

The biggest complaint I have is ILL FIT. Too many men wear too baggy clothing, including their suits (get a tailor!!!!!!!!), or there are the young hipster types who wear way too tight (no one wants to see the outline of your balls).
what else is there and what is wrong with polo shirts?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,962,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I must admit, this is one of my pet peeves. I call it the Russian Mafia look. Do guys actually think women like this look? Women like hair they can run their fingers through, not non-hair. How did it become trendy to look like a skin-head member of the Aryan Nation?

The other thing I can't get my mind around is 40+ guys who wear hipster clothes and skateboard clothes. I have no comprehension of that. They look ridiculous.
I like the look (always have) and last time I checked, I was a woman. My sons also get short/buzz cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty