U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 PM

17,985 posts, read 17,140,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Speedo or similar stretchy skimpy bathing suits.

Any jewelry other than a wrist watch or a wedding band, when appropriate. No gold chains!
I was just going to say Speedos. Do they know how awful they look?

If I have to think of another one, baseball caps. Boring and unbecoming. They serve a purpose on baseball players.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 PM

1,100 posts, read 2,585,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I'm talking about clothing guys love to wear but you hate it. It can be type of clothing or clothing brand.

Speak your peace.
Track pants
Skinny Jeans
"Wife beaters"
Speedo's
Mesh Shirts
Socks with sandals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 08:51 PM

692 posts, read 788,340 times
-Baseball caps. Backwards, sideways. Brim front. He11 if pro baseball players only wear them during practice and during games why must your nonathletic self wear them every friggin place you go especially in a decent restaurant. In a sports bar, who cares. McDonald's, so what. But when the average entrée is 25 and there is dim lighting, candles and tablecloths and three forks, remove your stupid hat. A SC C 0 C K S hat is not amusing when you graduated 16 years ago.

-no shirt at all. In my little slice of suburban he11 there are 3-4 middle age men with beer guts and back hair that mow their lawn/garden/walk their dogs without a shirt. When they look in the mirror they see their 19 physique. WE DON'T. Cover that mess up.

-jewelry beyond a wedding ring. That diamond earring the size of my big toe is fake and we all know it.

-sports gear. Dude, you're 41. You were never a Dallas Cowboy. You never worked for the Cowboys organization. You live in New Hampshire. You've never been to Texas. You don't know anyone who lives in Texas. You never even played football! Do you really need to wear a no. 9 throwback everywhere you go?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,935,218 times
I generally hate:

polo shirts - unless you're golfing or 80, NO
shorts so long they might as well be pants
shorts so short you look like you're a gay 80s aerobics instructor
white socks worn up to the knee with shorts (are you a baseball player?)
any of that Tommy Bahama stuff (unless you're retiring to the tropics)
boring colors - there are colors outside of neutrals
Men over the age of 25 or so still wearing skater & surfer clothes or hoodie jackets for casual unless they are partaking in a skating, surfing or athletic kind of activity
athletic wear worn as casual wear - put on some real clothing!
t-shirts with logos and/or dumb sayings
Ed Hardy stuff & anything similar to it - ugly, tacky graphic tees, basically
True Religion jeans with their hideous pockets
those "outdoorsy" looking kind of boots (don't know if there's a name for them), often with a really chunky sole
cargo shorts or anything camo print

The biggest complaint I have is ILL FIT. Too many men wear too baggy clothing, including their suits (get a tailor!!!!!!!!), or there are the young hipster types who wear way too tight (no one wants to see the outline of your balls).

Old 07-03-2013, 12:14 AM

15,355 posts, read 8,020,336 times
Enlightening hear what you don't like but how about what you do like. I'm thinking suits and turtleneck sweaters?

I think the general rule is women want men (excepting a few select men) to wear as much as possible and men want women to wear as little as possible...is it much more complicated than that?

Old 07-03-2013, 12:30 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,598,863 times
I find knee high socks to be so grody.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:37 AM

19 posts, read 42,221 times
I don't like the one who roll up his trouser legs because the jeans are too long...

Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 AM

518 posts, read 1,315,514 times
Fanny Pack and sandals with socks that go knee high.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:42 AM

4,236 posts, read 3,028,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Please, feel free to send them to me

Gladly!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:04 AM

695 posts, read 1,228,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Baggy shorts and flip-flops.
Above all other things, flip flops/sandals on a man. It drives me batpoop crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
A backpack (you're an adult. Get an adult bag. Drove me crazy that Josh on The West Wing carried one. Yeah, that was decades ago.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
My husband uses a backpack. It doesn't bother me though. He can carry whatever bag he wants...so long as he has a job!
Meh - I'm not going to criticize a man for carrying a backpack, especially nowadays with laptops, etc. I'm a woman. In my first job I was issued a laptop and a one-shoulder laptop carrying case. After three months of one aching shoulder I ponied up for a backpack style laptop holder, and that's what I use now always for to and from work. I'll take bodily health over fashion any day when it comes to that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty