U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 PM

195 posts, read 253,144 times

Advertisements

basketball shorts
Adidas slides
Offensive tshirts
Affiliation/Guy Harvey/Ed Hardey t-shirts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 02:50 PM

2,385 posts, read 5,567,316 times
I hate those very loose trousers that is falling of their butts. Eeeeew !

Old 07-03-2013, 03:52 PM

8,931 posts, read 11,320,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

Any jewelry other than a wrist watch or a wedding band, when appropriate. No gold chains!
Discrimination! Where is it written that jewelry is just for women?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:41 PM

8,004 posts, read 9,653,945 times
Hey, the OP asked for folks' opinions. Clearly, this is sheena12's opinion. It's not like you have to agree.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,091,014 times
OMG PLEASE no more skinny jeans on men, please.

Clothes that basically look like women's clothing (see above). Especially those v-neck tshirts that are fitted at the waist and have a deep V - that's a woman's shirt!!!

Baseball caps of any sort - if you want to wear a hat, get a cool hat. I can dig that.

The silky sport jerseys.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 PM

243 posts, read 377,978 times
I don't like fitteds.

I like normal worn in baseball caps, though.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,748,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Denim shorts that go past the knee.
Sandals and socks.
Skinny jeans.

My BIL wears denim shorts, sandals and socks, and pastel guayabera shirts all the time. He just turned 40 but he dresses like he's 80.

I do think flip flops are reasonable though when you live somewhere really hot.

I don't think flip flops are horrible in hot climates either - in fact, I prefer them to leather sandals on men. Less intentional.

More things I really can't stand - Camo gear, baseball caps, wife beater shirts - also any tank top on a man, mullets, fades, shaved heads, Long pointy designer loafers, and men who wear their cell phones as accessories.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:06 PM

321 posts, read 501,156 times
Hawaiian shirts. Only middle-aged, big-bellied men or hipsters wear them. Neither is appealing.
Those yellow-brown Timberland boots. MY EYES.
Wearing those slouchy beanies in the middle of summer. Eurgh. It's wool, wear it in winter.
Jeans that go down to your knees, 'gangsta thug' style.
T-shirts that are so long and baggy that it can double as a man-dress.
Gold chains.
Snapbacks. Especially when they sit on the guy's HAIR rather than head.
Varsity jackets. This is even more cringeworthy because I live in Australia, where people who partake in sports don't really receive those jackets, so it's just embarrassing that they're copying something that only really happens in the USA.
T-shirts with stupid, misogynistic sayings on them.
Those hipster chinos with the cuffs roll up. Your pants just look like they don't fit you.
Tank tops. I just don't like them... they're only appropriate at the beach IMO.
Jesus sandals.
Those really pointy-ass dress shoes. Especially if they're white.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,955,456 times
I love men in Speedos!

And frankly, I don't worry much about what men are wearing. But I do have my limits: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_owzjJuyS1J..._1024x1280.jpg

I did really hate the dark, striped shirts with suit coats & jeans fad the 'stylists' were trying to impose on men a few years back. And I hated the hoodies under blazers the stylists came up with, and the silly little zip-up sweater jacket whatever thingies the men's store catalogues (even posh stores that should have known better) were pushing. You know, and the men were supposed to have ties on under the zip-up thingies.

Any time 'stylists' try to impose ghetto trends on middle class men (because in third-rate fashion schools, they were taught some bass-ackward theory of fashion trickling up, rather than down), I think the looks are truly sucky.

Mostly though, it's flipped-up hair, scrawny little sideburns, "arched" eyebrows, visible hair product, and backward-combed greazer hair, that I can't stand to look at.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:54 AM

2,792 posts, read 1,676,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I hate flip flops....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty