U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:46 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,515,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I'm talking about clothing guys love to wear but you hate it. It can be type of clothing or clothing brand.

Speak your peace.
Sport shirts, the kind that are worn outside the pants. I see so many guys with big stomachs wearing these and it kind of looks like a maternity top on them. I know when I say this, I'm basically eliminating a clothing items that allows chunky guys to hide their girth, but hey men talk about women and the baggy clothes they try to wear to hide THEIR weight, so...

I don't like men in those silky, satiny 'Vegas lounge style shirts.

I don't like heavy chains or pinkie rings.

I don't like shirts open to the waist when out on the town. Most of the folks trying to rock this look don't even have abs, (usually a beer gut) so what do I want to look at that for?

I dislike anything but stripes, checks or subtle plaids for prints on men anything else looks kind of effeminate to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,524,939 times
Quote:
I'm talking about clothing guys love to wear but you hate it. It can be type of clothing or clothing brand.

Speak your peace.
Hate, hate, hate baseball caps!

Old 07-05-2013, 03:20 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,524,939 times
Quote:
-Baseball caps. Backwards, sideways. Brim front. He11 if pro baseball players only wear them during practice and during games why must your nonathletic self wear them every friggin place you go especially in a decent restaurant. In a sports bar, who cares. McDonald's, so what. But when the average entrée is 25 and there is dim lighting, candles and tablecloths and three forks, remove your stupid hat. A SC C 0 C K S hat is not amusing when you graduated 16 years ago.

Civilized people never wear a hat at the table. It's considered very rude.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:25 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,246,638 times
Quote:

Speak your peace.
Oh god, those big, long shorts that basketball players have made popular. There is *nothing* flattering about them at all.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 PM

270 posts, read 413,267 times
Haha, I hope all of you hatin on the flip flop look don't live at the beach...if I see a guy in shoes other than flops, I think it's weird!!

And I LOVE when men wear baseball caps, assuming the brim is facing forward....so sexy!! Although I agree, not at a nice dinner

What I DO hate is the ghetto look. Ugh, I don't want to see your boxers or some crazy-huge shirt and high tops!!

Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,738,731 times
Skinny jeans and "tidy whities". There is nothing more unbecoming to a man than ugly underwear.

My husband is unfortunately color blind so without help he'll buy some pretty funky looking stuff. Once he came home with a hot pink T-shirt swearing that it was red. He also had a purple shirt that he thought was green. This is a man that clearly wouldn't make it without a woman in his life. He'd be walking around in pinks and baby blues all the time, totally convinced that he's looking just fine.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 PM

74 posts, read 95,302 times
I agree, I see nothing wrong with flip flops and baseball caps. Then again I live in a hot climate and see the need for both. I don't get the anti polo shirt either. I find a man in a polo shirt and nice jeans or even slacks to be quite attractive. I also don't get the issue with jerseys. I do live in NOLA though and we are proud of our sports teams here so.......
I don't like skinny jeans paired with dress shoes. It looks like a mash up of 2 completely different styles.
Hate to see underwear hanging out the pants.
Can't stand the whole outfit being the same color. White shirt, white shoes, white pants,...etc. Oh it's even worse when they do it in all plaid or any pattern really.
Don't like novelty tees on anybody over 19.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:38 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,738,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2009 View Post

What I DO hate is the ghetto look. Ugh, I don't want to see your boxers or some crazy-huge shirt and high tops!!
Speaking of the low pants look, what the heck is up with wearing your pants below your butt? When the low pants trend started they were supposed to sit on your hips, not showing more than the top of your undies. Since then the pants have just gotten lower and lower to the point where the whole tush is sticking out now. Is that supposed to be attractive? Do the kids who wear their pants that way not realize that it looks absolutely ridiculous? I saw a kid at the store a few months ago who was quite overweight and had a heck of a bubble butt. Yet he still didn't realize that wearing his pants below his butt looked nothing but pathetic.
Please, guys, nobody want to see your behind so keep it in your pants, okay!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:30 AM

3 posts, read 2,506 times
Men who are 30 or older yet still dressing like little boys with sneakers, baggy shorts, t-shirts and backwards baseball caps. I always wonder why they can't throw on a button-down short-sleeved shirt or polo and a pair of khakis or dress shorts with a zipper, not an elastic band. Working out is one thing but seeing middle-aged couch potatoes dressing the same as their teenage kids for everyday casual wear gives me the giggles. And tuck those shirts in to look neater. Another is men who wear their pants too loose. I went into the dressing room with my husband and forced him to put away those "relaxed fit" jeans and try on some slim-fit jeans and fitted t-shirts with a little stretch. He looked 30 pounds thinner, neater and way more attractive. It was a plus for his confidence too.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:17 AM

11,397 posts, read 16,003,306 times
Flip flops except at the beach - as in toes in the sand, walking into the ocean on the beach (c'mon, don't blame your climate, there are other sandals men can wear!). Tshirts with dumb sayings on them or anything remotely sexual (quirky, geeky tshirts still welcome). Yankees gear. Carpenter jeans. Long hair that can be pulled into a ponytail. Short sleeved dress shirts or button downs... no. Just no. Never. Ugh.

My boyfriend's look is dark, fitted (but not skinny) jeans, a quirky tshirt under a button up or blazer (toned down if it's too hot out to wear something on top), sometimes suspenders or a bow tie (the latter is all for me), a cardigan on top if it's chilly, and dark dress shoes. He runs his own photography business and recently began working at a music store and teaching guitar lessons, so he also needs to dress the part. Anything less than that is too casual for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty