Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:23 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Partially because men won't by stuff that's significantly different. I'm not going to buy something that's trendy and looks dated "next season." Women seem to have no problem doing that.
Anyone wonder why women are like that? Could it be that their mothers raised them to be that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 03:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Because our society believes it is unmasculine for men to care about fashion.

Other countries, outside of the US, have more options for men.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:59 PM

285 posts, read 927,453 times
I hate as well, fashion for men is such a dive...I look at what there is and there isn't much difference from one store to the next. As far as an appropriate dress going out on the town, to the club or anyplace else for that matter it seems that the dress down to jeans and a t-shirt is all anyone has to do.

I prefer not to dress like that but wear a nice shirt of some kind, polo at least. If I wear jeans its only because I don't have anything else to wear other than that I prefer to wear slacks of some kind. Sneakers, I prefer to wear a casual shoe that is comfortable and that can be dressed up or dressed down...

Old 07-05-2013, 02:06 AM

19 posts, read 48,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I've noticed this too. Men's clothing is sooo boring. I hate shopping for men. Everything looks the same and comes in about 3-5 colors. That's it.

Same with boys clothes. I am due to have a boy (any day now) and browsing through stores, girls' clothes are so varied in styles, colors and frills. All the boys clothes look the same.
Yes,you're right,I like girl's clothes which is so cute and varied.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I've noticed this too. Men's clothing is sooo boring. I hate shopping for men. Everything looks the same and comes in about 3-5 colors. That's it.

Same with boys clothes. I am due to have a boy (any day now) and browsing through stores, girls' clothes are so varied in styles, colors and frills. All the boys clothes look the same.
I agree ! I was pregnant with my son 3 years ago and buying clothes for him was not as exciting as when I was buying clothes for my daughter when I was pregnang with her. There aren't really so many things you can buy for a boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty