U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 09:27 AM

103 posts, read 183,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm not too far off from you. I'm 5 3.5" and wear a size 8 or 10 (no fat rolls)...I have always defined myself as curvy (hourglass), though I've never been on a dating site. I guess that "culture" defines it differently.
That's me too ... just wider hips/chest ... no fat rolls- Im pretty lean due to running/lifting.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 AM

72,867 posts, read 64,312,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessat32 View Post
I did put average!

I have to take a full length picture ... right now I have a waist up one ...
I would think that a waist up photo would be enough to prove you're not obese, and to illustrate "curvy". It seems offensive that someone would have to post a full-length photo, as if displaying a side of beef for inspection. But maybe that's just me...

Old 07-03-2013, 09:40 AM

5,121 posts, read 5,294,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I would think that a waist up photo would be enough to prove you're not obese, and to illustrate "curvy". It seems offensive that someone would have to post a full-length photo, as if displaying a side of beef for inspection. But maybe that's just me...
You know, I agree... waist up is okay. Basically I think a man just wants to get an idea if you are his type physically (perhaps not obese if he's not attracted to that body type). I just said full body because sometimes people just post a picture of their face and I think you can't tell what a person's overall shape is like with just a head and shoulders shot. But if it's offensive to you (or to anyone reading this) don't do it then and don't fee pressured to do it. No one should do anything they aren't comfortable with if that's your style. It was just a suggestion on my part .

Old 07-03-2013, 01:01 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,960,471 times
I dont know how to describe my body. I would say "curvy" but i think curvy in USA is an euphemism for fat? and im nowhere near fat, so i dont know

I have a very nice body, im tall and have curves where it should but not too much. My body definitely attracts men. I dont have big breasts or but, just the perfect size.

I sound like im bragging or something, but like i said one time here in CD, the ugly duclking girls who spent all their life thinking they were horrible and were bullied and stuff, they have permission to brag about their looks once they realize their real worth

Old 07-03-2013, 01:16 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,963,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessat32 View Post
That's me too ... just wider hips/chest ... no fat rolls- Im pretty lean due to running/lifting.
10 lbs overweight is definatley 'average'.
Curvy means a woman is carrying some extra weight. Basically considered overweight in regards to BMI index, but still have a womans hips/waist/chest transition. Some women can be 30-40 lbs overweight and still be curvy IMO, depending on their height and how their body holds the weight.

But goodness, 10 lbs over weight is no where near 'curvy'. And if you work out regularly, that could change things even more.
Now that I think about it,
The last woman I dated that was a size 10, and I would consider her average. (Even though she did have curves)
She was 5'6" abouts.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:19 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,960,471 times
O then im not curvy. My BMI is 23.

Im tall and well proportioned, and i dont have extra weight (been told by the doctor) my weight is normal for my size.

I used to be much thinner, though, but i started gaining weight when i was 25, and it suits me i guess

Old 07-03-2013, 01:23 PM

15,732 posts, read 17,308,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
10 lbs overweight is definatley 'average'.
Curvy means a woman is carrying some extra weight. Basically considered overweight in regards to BMI index, but still have a womans hips/waist/chest transition. Some women can be 30-40 lbs overweight and still be curvy IMO, depending on their height and how their body holds the weight.

But goodness, 10 lbs over weight is no where near 'curvy'. And if you work out regularly, that could change things even more.
Now that I think about it,
The last woman I dated that was a size 10, and I would consider her average. (Even though she did have curves)
She was 5'6" abouts.
I'm not overweight but I am curvy.
I do not have a straight waist and shapeless legs.
I guess it all depends on how you define it. I go by bust/waist/hip ratio.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:31 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,146,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No. Youd be amazed at how deceitful that can be.

You are curvy at least if you are a size 10. Not thin or evem athletic.

How much do you weigh?

What are the categories to choose from? Dont be deceitful. Nothing is worse than a chick who is very misleading about her body.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,146,421 times
Some of you should just post up your pics. I feel like most women on dating sites think they are about 25lbs smaller than they actually are.

Athletic does not mean sumo wrestler body but you can squat 30lbs. Look up pro volleyball players or fitness models. That is athletic. Thin is just that, then.

Size 10 is curvy at best. Nothing wrong with that, just be honest.

I looooove rosa acosta, google her, she is curvy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 PM

33 posts, read 38,027 times
Agree with those who say to post a full body pic. I've been out with those who only have waist up and found out that they were not nearly as slim from the waist down as they were from the waist up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty