U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 02:07 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,956,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I would think that a waist up photo would be enough to prove you're not obese, and to illustrate "curvy". It seems offensive that someone would have to post a full-length photo, as if displaying a side of beef for inspection. But maybe that's just me...
I don't agree with the bolded at all.
Women online IME pass over guys extremely easily without even reading profiles.
If a guy isn't handsome, in shape, and showing 'the right pics', he gets passed over regardless of what is in the message. It isn't offensive. It is extremely frustrating for someone to falsely represent them-self, especially in online dating. You spend all this time texting, talking with someone, and then find out they look quite different than they portrayed. Got to love it when people put pictures up from like 8 years ago.
Therefore, I see nothing wrong with a full body shot of a woman (or man) in a profile. Besides, it IS recommended that people include an 'action' shot of them-self in their profile. Typcially, that includes a good overall picture of the person from head to toe.

All these bathroom mirror shots are so unflattering. If you haven't started already, start asking friends to take the occasional picture of you alone when you travel or do something in public. That way you have some pictures of yourself being fun and active without worrying about cropping out your friends in your dating profile pictures.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 02:12 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,854,475 times
Curvy used to mean hourglass figure like Marilyn Monroe. Now it means obese. Average used to mean average now it means average fat. However it's the closest thing to your body type unless you have some muscles. I list myself as athletic because I have arms and legs that are pure muscle though my stomach has a bit of a belly (working on losing it as it is small).

Old 07-03-2013, 05:22 PM

9,864 posts, read 8,000,104 times
Post a picture that portrays your figure in an attractive manner. You don't need to say a word.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:39 PM

13,725 posts, read 16,258,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

I looooove rosa acosta, google her, she is curvy.
Looked her up, that lady is smaller than size 10.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:43 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Looked her up, that lady is smaller than size 10.
Yeah, but she is curvy to the max. Most girls are really overweight and call themselves curvy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-06-2013, 12:33 AM

32 posts, read 76,430 times
I'm 5'4 around 108lb, a size 2 usually but busty....size dd...I don't know how to describe my body type either....I guess I can go with slender..

Old 07-06-2013, 02:48 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
I keep repeating this,but here goes....

You CAN be curvy at size 20,and a box at sizes 2 and sizes 10.

So many woman who are size 8 to 12 seem to think they are curvy based on sizes.
That has nothing to do with it.

What matters is measurements,and how you look. It has nothing to do with breast size or butt size.
Do you look curvy?

What are your measurements? I see many women that say they are curvy,but they have a straight waist. They list meausrements like 42-34-42 and then say they are curvy. That isn't curvy. That's not an hourglass figure. The waist has to be at least 10 inches smaller than the waist. Your need to have a WHR of 0.7 to be considered curvy.
Just divide your waist by your hip measurement.

A size 20 that is 44-30-44 is curvy.
So is a size 50-36-50.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I keep repeating this,but here goes....

You CAN be curvy at size 20,and a box at sizes 2 and sizes 10.

So many woman who are size 8 to 12 seem to think they are curvy based on sizes.
That has nothing to do with it.

What matters is measurements,and how you look. It has nothing to do with breast size or butt size.
Do you look curvy?

What are your measurements? I see many women that say they are curvy,but they have a straight waist. They list meausrements like 42-34-42 and then say they are curvy. That isn't curvy. That's not an hourglass figure. The waist has to be at least 10 inches smaller than the waist. Your need to have a WHR of 0.7 to be considered curvy.
Just divide your waist by your hip measurement.

A size 20 that is 44-30-44 is curvy.
So is a size 50-36-50.
Any female with a 36 inch waist is obese unless she's way tall. Nice try though. They are obese before they are curvy.

That kind of talk is what makes obese people think they are anything other than obese and girls on dating sites giving false representation.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:14 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Any female with a 36 inch waist is obese unless she's way tall. Nice try though. They are obese before they are curvy.

That kind of talk is what makes obese people think they are anything other than obese and girls on dating sites giving false representation.

Curvy is a shape not a size. You can be curvy at any size. And not curvy at any size. It is all about proportions.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Curvy is a shape not a size. You can be curvy at any size. And not curvy at any size. It is all about proportions.
99% of the people that call themselves curvy seem to do it as a "feel good" way of hiding the fact that they are actually obese.

Curvy had seemingly became an acceptable term for obese people during this obesity epidemic. I find it funny that people can frown upon smokers and alcoholics but Lord help you if someone calls a fat person fat.

Someone calling themselves curvy when they are obese is misleading. No different than someone lying about smoking or having kids in my book. Last thing I need is someone who cant have a realistic view of themself.

Love when 220lb girls on Facebook post pictured of marilyn monroe saying "curves are in" or whatever. They arent in. Everyone is just getting fat so people with curves fit in.

Fit is in. Healthy diets and a fair amount of exercise.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty